PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

xraytech8704 is keeping up the good workxraytech8704 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

ah man cannot wait! i am staying up tonight!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

xraytech8704 is keeping up the good workxraytech8704 is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
has anyone done any benchmarks.....if they are in fact better, I'll included them in the rom.

i have tried the ATI Driver, did not see any difference in speed.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

duba22y is a n00b

same, so far my favourite ROM by far.. thanks a lot OMJ!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

YES! YES YES YES! This will be so sick! Im stayin up too xray!
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
has anyone done any benchmarks.....if they are in fact better, I'll included them in the rom.
OMJ,

Something i just noticed (maybe you already knew this). When you select the D3D Omnia drivers in Calk's kitchen it puts a folder in the System tools folder called 3D. In there, there are two cabs called Faster 2D Graphics and Faster 3D Graphics. These basically swap out the driver depending on what you want at the time. So i guess the D3DMXSc50PB.dll is better for 2D and the d3dm_ati.dll is better for 3D as I assume Calk did his homework before he put that in the Kitchen.

I can't remember if you had this in your rom since you have modded Calk's kitchen and tweeked the sys etc... in you kitchen.

Wish i still had you rom on my phone right now and I'd run the 3D cab to install the ati driver and tell ya if it made a difference.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

rafisher79 is a n00b

Great ROM so far. Only a day in, but I feel like I have a new phone.

For Sprint MMS, I downloaded the Sprint Picturemail Update from my wife's Diamond, and after a soft reset, it's working beautifully.

What's the story with Google maps? Was there a definitive solution to the GPS not working?

Tell me if I'm wrong, but when you miss a call on this touchflo, the only notification is at the top, right? On the old one it would say something in the middle of the screen on the home page.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

empirical is becoming a great contributor

how do i get the 6.5 finger friendly look in email and file explorer can you make this default in ver. 1.4
Old 11-17-2009, 10:24 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
To add on to his list of bugs:
1.) When on home screen, pressing end button changes the clock to a earlier time, then flips back to current time. (BUGS the crap out of me!) xD
2.) When trying to initialize Footprints, camera fails to load.
3.) Video Calling does not work.
4.) Contacts are saved to Internal Storage folder when beamed from a different phone, and cant be found in Contacts app.
5.) No icon for Long Press End Key app in Start > Settings > System > Long Press End Key.
6.) Microsoft Office Mobile OneNote is not installed.
7.) Back button does not work in SMS.
8.) No key tone in phone dialer.

Ill keep you posted if I find any others, but since OMJ is releasing his new ROM tonight, he probly found all of the others.

THANKS OMJ FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK!
1) I believe that is by design...not a bug
2) No more Footprints
3) Not sure if Video call will work on the Diamond, but it's part of the dialer
4) sorry, dont know
5) weird. I was testing a rom yesterday & it was there....then gone, lol
6) yeah, most chefs leave it out
7) it does now
8 ) I always turn it off.....not a bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
OMJ,

Something i just noticed (maybe you already knew this). When you select the D3D Omnia drivers in Calk's kitchen it puts a folder in the System tools folder called 3D. In there, there are two cabs called Faster 2D Graphics and Faster 3D Graphics. These basically swap out the driver depending on what you want at the time. So i guess the D3DMXSc50PB.dll is better for 2D and the d3dm_ati.dll is better for 3D as I assume Calk did his homework before he put that in the Kitchen.

I can't remember if you had this in your rom since you have modded Calk's kitchen and tweeked the sys etc... in you kitchen.

Wish i still had you rom on my phone right now and I'd run the 3D cab to install the ati driver and tell ya if it made a difference.
I left the cab's in the rom, they're in the \windows directory, but I removed the folders & shortcuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafisher79 View Post
Great ROM so far. Only a day in, but I feel like I have a new phone.

For Sprint MMS, I downloaded the Sprint Picturemail Update from my wife's Diamond, and after a soft reset, it's working beautifully.

What's the story with Google maps? Was there a definitive solution to the GPS not working?

Tell me if I'm wrong, but when you miss a call on this touchflo, the only notification is at the top, right? On the old one it would say something in the middle of the screen on the home page.
correct. Manila 2.0 & 2.1 had the Call History/missed call in the middle. Manila 2.5 does not, only in the task bar.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff

Thanks man! Can't wait for your new release!
Old 11-17-2009, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T Mobile

ezzie1971 is keeping up the good workezzie1971 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
worked on 6.1 rom most of the night...argh, few things I could not resolve. Worked on the kitchen, organizing. Need to cook a couple roms to make sure everything is working ok, maybe it will be ready tomorrow.

keep in mind that the longer you take to tweak these out the better the end product is. and the less time that you have to listen to a bunch of whiny geeks (present company included) wanting this change or that change or yet another change.

i'm just hoping that i'll be able to understand the kitchen well enough that i'll be able to make my perfect nekid chix ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development