PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm
Carrier: Sprint

Jessup3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Great rom !!!

One small bug I've noticed is in the data connection icon. I'm using google sync get all my mail etc.
On the stock sprint rom you'll see two grey arrows to show that the data gateway is connected but idle. On this rom the two arrows always stay white all the time, making you think that data is being actually being transmitted constantly. They never turn grey.
I've checked my data usage with spb wireless monitor to make sure I wasnt pulling xtra data down and I can confirm that no data is actually being pulled even though the arrows remain white.

Is this fixable ?

htc sprint diamond / OMJ_Diamond_SENSE_1920.23504.v1.3.nomsg rom
sprint 1.11.00f radio

Last edited by Jessup3; 11-16-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - Telus
Carrier: Telus

Jeddeh is a n00b
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
That easy huh? haha

On another note, after flashing the newest version and setting it up last night, the little trash icon can in messaging changed to the menu icon. Take a look at the screen, just a bad flash or is everyone elses like this?
Mine was always like that. No trash can ever.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond

Astrak is just getting started

Sorry if this has been asked before, is there a way to get the programs tab back instead of having to navigate through the start menu? Or add more than six programs to the home screen quick launcher?

Last edited by Astrak; 11-17-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeller87
Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
OMJ removed htc messaging client because it didnt work at the time. to use the text messaging tab, just select all messages which will take you into the window sms view. If you receive a message, you can view it the email tab or by selecting "all messages" on the tf txtmessage tab. Hope this helps.
i have been using the all messages for now, not a biggie. what do you mean by viewing a sms in the email tab?

k

+ OMJ - good call on taking out the messaging client. i had to use another rom until i found this 1.3 update today.
SMS works fine for my Sprint Diamond using V1.2. I even found a MMS Server settings page within the HTC SMS Client. Anyone know the Sprint MMS Server settings?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeller87 View Post
i have been using the all messages for now, not a biggie. what do you mean by viewing a sms in the email tab?

k

+ OMJ - good call on taking out the messaging client. i had to use another rom until i found this 1.3 update today.
if you are on the email tab, where exchange mail or hotmail is housed, just select the inbox and swipe to the left and sms field is also there.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
That easy huh? haha

On another note, after flashing the newest version and setting it up last night, the little trash icon can in messaging changed to the menu icon. Take a look at the screen, just a bad flash or is everyone elses like this?
Your icon at the bottom probably changed because of the custom taskbar. The .dll's in 6.5.1 contain more things than 6.5 or 6.1 and can change from build to build. I've found that I pretty much had to update the dll's in each new release if I want to use a custom taskbar without getting errors like you are seeing.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows

mhhd00 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post
...Anyone know the Sprint MMS Server settings?
This has been working for me:
http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
Old 11-16-2009, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - Telus
Carrier: Telus

Jeddeh is a n00b

I have found a bug that I can re-create.

I have alarm #1 set for saturday and sunday at 7 am. Everything is fine, alarm works, etc etc. FOR SOME REASON, sometimes the phone will "freeze" charging - the notification circle will stay lit up all the time and the screen will not turn on... any work around?

Back to the bug I was talking about: when setting alarm #2, the home screen will show a white box where the alarm notification would be on the home tab, next to the date. When soft resetted, the phone has trouble launching HTC Sense. Sometimes it tells me to tap the screen to launch it... which I do, but then it fails to launch again.

The only buttons available are in a white bar at the bottom of the screen. They are contacts and calendar IIRC.

Any fixes for this?

Finally, is there a way to get the calendar to display the word "Calendar" like in 6.1? Same with call history?

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhd00
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post
...Anyone know the Sprint MMS Server settings?
This has been working for me:
http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
Thanks, do u happen to know the port number and ip address as well? Wondering if the HTC client will do MMS with the appropiate settings...
Old 11-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

eric.highley is a n00b

LOVE the ROM...one of my favorite that I've used in a while.

there are a couple things ive noticed so far (havent gone through all posts so sorry if someone has already touched on these):
1. Footprints locks up my phone (says cant access the camera)
2. Keyboard in landscape is off by 1 key (i.e. I click on "I", "U" is entered, "O" entered for "I", "P" for "O"....you get the point)
3. Twitter app was unable to get my location, not sure what would cause this cause my weather updated to my current location when I asked it to

3 minor issues after over an hour of running it through its paces.....quite impressive for such an eye catching ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development