PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.highley View Post
LOVE the ROM...one of my favorite that I've used in a while.

there are a couple things ive noticed so far (havent gone through all posts so sorry if someone has already touched on these):
1. Footprints locks up my phone (says cant access the camera)
2. Keyboard in landscape is off by 1 key (i.e. I click on "I", "U" is entered, "O" entered for "I", "P" for "O"....you get the point)
3. Twitter app was unable to get my location, not sure what would cause this cause my weather updated to my current location when I asked it to

3 minor issues after over an hour of running it through its paces.....quite impressive for such an eye catching ROM
Welcome aboard ... take a look back through the last few pages, and you'll find answers to your issues. Manila 2.5, is really a work in progress ... and very exciting.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Any reason why the HTC menu enhancements only work in certain areas and not others? Just asking because the last ROM I used had the menu enhancement throughout the entire ROM including WM-based menus.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows

mhhd00 is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Thanks, do u happen to know the port number and ip address as well? Wondering if the HTC client will do MMS with the appropiate settings...

rest was default, so blank gateway and port 80. i upped the mms size limit to the max of 5000k.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhd00
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post

Thanks, do u happen to know the port number and ip address as well? Wondering if the HTC client will do MMS with the appropiate settings...

rest was default, so blank gateway and port 80. i upped the mms size limit to the max of 5000k.
thanks for all your help! Seems the HTC SMS client doesn't work with Sprint Picturemail no matter if the correct settings are there. Arcsoft seems like the only solution. Too bad, the new SMS client is snazzy. Ill stick with 1.2 though since I barely get any MMS.
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Because before the JMZ hack we couldn't get MMS to work at all and a lot of us griped about not having a back button. I just use 1.2 and did a couple hacks.
Can you post all the hacks so we don't have to try and go through the whole thread to find the different ones. Will make it much easier.
Thanks.
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

worked on 6.1 rom most of the night...argh, few things I could not resolve. Worked on the kitchen, organizing. Need to cook a couple roms to make sure everything is working ok, maybe it will be ready tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
worked on 6.1 rom most of the night...argh, few things I could not resolve. Worked on the kitchen, organizing. Need to cook a couple roms to make sure everything is working ok, maybe it will be ready tomorrow.
Thanks for the update, Ken ... get some rest!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeddeh View Post
I have found a bug that I can re-create.

I have alarm #1 set for saturday and sunday at 7 am. Everything is fine, alarm works, etc etc. FOR SOME REASON, sometimes the phone will "freeze" charging - the notification circle will stay lit up all the time and the screen will not turn on... any work around?

Back to the bug I was talking about: when setting alarm #2, the home screen will show a white box where the alarm notification would be on the home tab, next to the date. When soft resetted, the phone has trouble launching HTC Sense. Sometimes it tells me to tap the screen to launch it... which I do, but then it fails to launch again.

The only buttons available are in a white bar at the bottom of the screen. They are contacts and calendar IIRC.

Any fixes for this?

Finally, is there a way to get the calendar to display the word "Calendar" like in 6.1? Same with call history?

Thanks.
I have experienced the freezing issue with other ROMs, I honestly don't think it's related to this one. I may be wrong but it seems to happen more to me when I use the HTC charger rather than a generic USB charger and cable. I have not used the alarm much with this ROM so I can't comment on the other issue.

You mean calendar on the home tab? I haven't seen any 2.5 ROMs that have it, makes me think it's not possible on Sense.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Because before the JMZ hack we couldn't get MMS to work at all and a lot of us griped about not having a back button. I just use 1.2 and did a couple hacks.
Can you post all the hacks so we don't have to try and go through the whole thread to find the different ones. Will make it much easier.
Thanks.
+1 for this.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Plutonium0587 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
couldn't agree more Vancer. He has given this Diamond some life. it was starting to get a little bleak around here couple weeks ago.
I second all of that. Before OMJ came up with this ROM, I was getting bored with my Diamond and losing faith in flashing/testing. I'm getting into it again and enjoying it big time. OMJ is definitely the man. I wait with anticipation to see what comes out next because as far as I can see, it just keeps getting better. All of the people working together on this is making it go really smoothly. Kudos to OMJ and everyone else spending the time!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development