PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

brc64 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23088/21864) ** |Nov 15th| Manila 2.1 &

I skimmed through the past several pages but didn't see much in regards to this. Is there any way to disable the the full screen weather animations on the home screen? I don't mind having a little sun icon under the clock, but those animated rays of light are just too much for my poor Diamond to handle. I didn't seem to notice this with the previous SenseUI ROM I flashed, so I'm not sure if I'm overlooking a setting or if the previous ROM just had better performance in this regard.

The other question I have is if anybody knows how to change the left softkey on the home screen. I've never really found the "Action" button to be very useful, and I'd rather just have a softkey go straight to Phone. I thought there were supposed to be a couple of registry entries in HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila for the LSK title and path, but I'm not finding them.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

jayhernandez is just getting started
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23088/21864) ** |Nov 15th| Manila 2.1 &

Quote:
Originally Posted by verkion View Post
Hrm...ok maybe I'm doing something funky. More specifically its adding a hotmail account that's the problem (and signing into Messenger). It tries to launch the mail setup but never actually goes through with it. I also turned off Sense and tried running WML to sign in. No go.

Which version of WML are you using? Maybe its a different one than me.

All in all, I love this ROM. Few bugs here and there, that's for sure, but its great! THANKS!

verkion
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...8-7c19f55df5d3

I don't use the messenger, I do however use the Push Mail Option.

This is confirmed working on the NOV 15 Lite release.

The other versions with Manila 2.5 are not working with windows live.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

brc64 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc64 View Post
I skimmed through the past several pages but didn't see much in regards to this. Is there any way to disable the the full screen weather animations on the home screen? I don't mind having a little sun icon under the clock, but those animated rays of light are just too much for my poor Diamond to handle. I didn't seem to notice this with the previous SenseUI ROM I flashed, so I'm not sure if I'm overlooking a setting or if the previous ROM just had better performance in this regard.
I actually figured this out after watching a video review of the HD2 of all things. The trick is to select the menu option for animated wallpaper, but then to go to your regular photo album and pick the background you want to use. Interestingly enough, with the version I've got installed, the animated background option from the home screen doesn't do anything, but I was able to get to it from the settings tab. No more laggy weather animations on my home screen, yay!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond> TP2> HTC EVO 4G

kermit22 is becoming a great contributor

Hello everyone. Is there a way to modify the Items on the Internet tab for manila 2.1 yet? I know that it was impossible on past builds, but I wasn't able to find if anyone was ever able to accomplish this on the newer builds.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff

Looks like Sys28002 version (& 21869) is coming soon (for us) per NRGZ28's tweet
Old 11-20-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

dcdomain is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen View Post
Looks like Sys28002 version (& 21869) is coming soon (for us) per NRGZ28's tweet
Saw that too! He said 28002 is much faster so once again, holding out for that version =P.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

NRG, please use cfc in the new version.
faster and more space left after flash.
there was an update on 11/11 so we can cfc all the files

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470798
i used it on the nov 15 version.... and wow... i actually gained another 20 mb free

Last edited by amikam; 11-20-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

ap90033 is a n00b

So i take it there will be an update soon? Coolies...
Old 11-21-2009, 02:06 AM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work

Dang it. I was really hoping there would be a release before I went to bed. It's probably because the TP guys couldn't get the ROM to boot. Oh well, at least we don't have to deal with that!
Old 11-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Hey guys,

trying to update the FAQS (Post 4) a little this morning to add more relevant 2.5 release content. If anyone has a suggestion of what should be added to the Q/A, please pm me and I will include it. Started doing so already so we can get this updated. Thanks.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development