PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: Telus

betaboy00 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |Victor|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ |Jun 5| 21905|23569 |`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSense

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOTrades View Post
He posted a twitter earlier today saying that he fixed it and was uploading roms, but it looks like us diamond guys will have to keep waiting and hoping that he sends us a bone.
when/how will we know when Energy finished uploaded the rom?
will it be under a new filename with new dates?

Thanks
Old 06-09-2010, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ctiger is becoming a great contributor
Re: |Victor|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ |Jun 5| 21905|23569 |`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSense

Quote:
Originally Posted by win7463 View Post
Internal Storage.
That's easy to say, huh? I don't know if you play with winmo a lot or not, but for most installed program, it will leave something in the STORAGE and PROGRAM memory, and will soon eat them up. After that... That's why some roms just kick out all the themes and ring tones and even a lot popular programs. Like opera, you don't want to keep it in the Storage when it can put most of it's part in "SD card". But for language package, you can't do that, you have to put it into the main memory. And some less sophisticated programs just put too much into the main memory. Such as Garmin. I know a lot will say why not use Bing map, look, if you have data connection, bing map works great, but do you expect data connection in the mountains? I even can't see any signal in the Yosemite.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: MTS

win7463 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
That's easy to say, huh? I don't know if you play with winmo a lot or not, but for most installed program, it will leave something in the STORAGE and PROGRAM memory, and will soon eat them up. After that... That's why some roms just kick out all the themes and ring tones and even a lot popular programs. Like opera, you don't want to keep it in the Storage when it can put most of it's part in "SD card". But for language package, you can't do that, you have to put it into the main memory. And some less sophisticated programs just put too much into the main memory. Such as Garmin. I know a lot will say why not use Bing map, look, if you have data connection, bing map works great, but do you expect data connection in the mountains? I even can't see any signal in the Yosemite.
I stand corrected. Have installed Tom Tom 7, opera, windows live and a few other programs without noticing STORAGE going down, but not paying enough attention to know for sure. Is program memory not equivalent to ram on a computer so why is installing programs putting files there? The Max Sense roms don't leave a lot of STORAGE room for sure.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: MTS

win7463 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaboy00 View Post
when/how will we know when Energy finished uploaded the rom?
will it be under a new filename with new dates?

Thanks
Looks like Energy uploads them with the upload date in the filename for the rom.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

eglynum is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by eglynum View Post
Maxsense does not work great. I could go on and on about it's flaws [but I won't]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehxeno View Post
Indulge me, I haven't run into any problems on my end. At least for how I use my phone.
Sure.

There's the lack of storage (as debated above) - it's so bad that I can't install anything but MSVoiceCommand - then I'm down to 1.6 MB (this isn't as bad in 21XXX roms).

Marketplace doesn't work and it's the only way I can get my hotmail to work. I also get things like Skyfire, Games, Shazam, but I couldn't install them anyway.

Because we have a VGA device, some of the Maxsense interface goes off the screen - the best example is when you're choosing programs for quicklinks and you can't see the top or bottom row.

I don't normally use the action screen, but it would have been helpful when I needed to add a bluetooth headset - but it doesn't work - I haven't tried other actions.

There was the quicklinks #4,5,6 that disappeared after I tried to edit them (this was later fixed with the 1.2 update)

Moving widgets around is a pain - once you release your finger the widget seems to randomly offset (but usually down and left) so you have to do it again and again - all while hoping it won't freeze or go right into the settings for a widget you were too close to.

The new battery widget in 1.2 doesn't work. It randomly switches between the correct value and 100%.

The "Alert Display Panel" widget disappears on me every now and then (without hitting the "x")

The "Favorite Contacts" widget doesn't call the contact when you press it.

One time the music "tab" never stopped refreshing. Had to reset to listen to music.

Like I said, I still love it because I can remove those top and bottom windows bars and get a really clean look. The latest Cookie screen shots looked like you could do that - I was so excited, but they were just cropped - how awesome would that be... I'm actually flashing to Cookie 1.8 right now because I need to use Google Maps while traveling tomorrow.

I'm excited about future Maxsense releases. 1.01 and 1.2 were really good for such early releases.

EDIT: As I use the Cookie 1.8 rom I'm remembering even more problems with the MaxSense rom... like not being able to play all songs of one genre (after you pick a genre there's no "all songs" tab so all you can do is pick an artist and only their songs go into "now playing" - I didn't drill down any more so it may even be limited to album).

....and that's the longest post in the history of the internet. Goodnight.

Last edited by eglynum; 06-10-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

John979 is a n00b

i dont know if this is happening to any one else but i cant seem to get the 21905 sense lite dinik glass to download every time i click on it it says file not found
Old 06-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Celcom

acrylic_26 is a n00b

I cant download from http://www.fileserve.com/file/wVZf6AK , Please someone, upload
Energy.VICTOR.21905.Sense2.5.LITE.Cookie.Jun.06.7z to megaupload or mediafire. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

phatjimmy96 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by John979 View Post
i dont know if this is happening to any one else but i cant seem to get the 21905 sense lite dinik glass to download every time i click on it it says file not found
As far as I know it will only work from internet explorer, a few people have had problems downloading with firefox, not sure about chrome or safari. I had no luck with firefox either. I downloaded fine with IE.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

John979 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatjimmy96 View Post
As far as I know it will only work from internet explorer, a few people have had problems downloading with firefox, not sure about chrome or safari. I had no luck with firefox either. I downloaded fine with IE.
i will try internet explorer thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Daimond
Carrier: V

rolandC is a n00b

How to question

I am runnining The cookie themed version of 23569, Is there a way to remove some of the unused icons from the bottom slider? I do not need twitter or facebook there.

I cannot find anything to do this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development