PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

FH-CS is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |Victor|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy ¯ |Mar 15| 21916|29017 | Sense 2019 / 2.1 / Tita

I normally cook my own ROMs, but I finally got fed up with a handful of issues I couldn't fix, so I decided to give an energy ROM a try. I have to say, it's a great ROM : )

I've been using the 29017 stock Sense ROM (i.e. no Cookie's mod) for the past two weeks, and have found only one issue. It's a seemingly random, temporary freezing. It has been mentioned in another post in this thread, although I believe it was a while back. It seems like the screen locks up for about 5 seconds. All screen taps during this freeze still occur however (e.g. if I'm typing, I can continue to type while the screen is frozen, and all the letters will "catch up" and be typed out when the freeze is over.) There are times where it has happen two or three times in the span of 10 minutes, and there are times where it happens once a day at most. I can't seem to pin it to any program or action in particular yet.

It can be annoying at times, but honestly, compared to the issues I had with my own ROMs, temporary freezing is nothing : P
Old 04-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

phantomX is a n00b
Re: |Victor|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy ¯ |Mar 15| 21916|29017 | Sense 2019 / 2.1 / Tita

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-CS View Post
I normally cook my own ROMs, but I finally got fed up with a handful of issues I couldn't fix, so I decided to give an energy ROM a try. I have to say, it's a great ROM : )

I've been using the 29017 stock Sense ROM (i.e. no Cookie's mod) for the past two weeks, and have found only one issue. It's a seemingly random, temporary freezing. It has been mentioned in another post in this thread, although I believe it was a while back. It seems like the screen locks up for about 5 seconds. All screen taps during this freeze still occur however (e.g. if I'm typing, I can continue to type while the screen is frozen, and all the letters will "catch up" and be typed out when the freeze is over.) There are times where it has happen two or three times in the span of 10 minutes, and there are times where it happens once a day at most. I can't seem to pin it to any program or action in particular yet.

It can be annoying at times, but honestly, compared to the issues I had with my own ROMs, temporary freezing is nothing : P
i have this problem too. it usually happens to me when i'm texting. and it is also random. sometimes a text will go through just fine, and other times it will freeze two or three times within the same text. anyone have any thoughts (and i'm running the latest 21916 March 15 edition and have no extra programs installed).
Old 04-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ryanfreeman91 is a n00b

Is there going to be/was there a MaxSense Energy ROM?
Old 04-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Lurker

c0d3917 is a n00b

Can anyone help? I have flashed the Energy ROM, but can not get my data conn. on Sprint to work? Voice works just fine. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

juanfig1217 is a n00b
Question Re: |Victor|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy ¯ |Mar 15| 21916|29017 | Sense 2019 / 2.1 / Tita

+1 i tried flashing back to the stock updating the profile and prl then flashing back to energy and no luck! please help ...thanks!

edit* ok i think i figured out what was wrong for me.... after flashing to stock and back to energy i went to start/settings/connections/connections then i went to the "advanced" tab and tapped the "select networks" button, then under where it said "programs that automatically connect to the internet should connect using:" i selected "my isp" then hit the "edit" button, once there and noticing that nothing was there i hit the "new" button from there under "enter a name for the connection:" i typed "Sprint" and under "select a modem:" i selected "cellular line" now i hit next and in the box asking to enter number to be dialed i typed in #777 then next again left everything blank and hit finish now i went to the wireless controls option from the settings tab turned on the data connection on and now my data works .... hope this helps! good luck!

Last edited by juanfig1217; 04-29-2011 at 07:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Lurker

c0d3917 is a n00b

Thanks a million for the help! It worked like a charm! Repd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanfig1217 View Post
+1 i tried flashing back to the stock updating the profile and prl then flashing back to energy and no luck! please help ...thanks!

edit* ok i think i figured out what was wrong for me.... after flashing to stock and back to energy i went to start/settings/connections/connections then i went to the "advanced" tab and tapped the "select networks" button, then under where it said "programs that automatically connect to the internet should connect using:" i selected "my isp" then hit the "edit" button, once there and noticing that nothing was there i hit the "new" button from there under "enter a name for the connection:" i typed "Sprint" and under "select a modem:" i selected "cellular line" now i hit next and in the box asking to enter number to be dialed i typed in #777 then next again left everything blank and hit finish now i went to the wireless controls option from the settings tab turned on the data connection on and now my data works .... hope this helps! good luck!

Last edited by c0d3917; 04-30-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

so if im guessing this right, all dev on the Energy rom for the Diamond has ceased?

shame... Q_Q

Old 05-18-2011, 01:55 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Not ceased... slowed down.

I just posted some new ROMS for you guys...

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond since juicy 2.5
Carrier: telus

czyzoman is a n00b
Re: |Victor|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy ¯ |May 18| 21916|29020 | Sense 2019 / 2.1 / Tita

hey guys im using the may18th sencity rom and cant get my email to work properly itll just sit there (logging on) any idea to fix it ?? any help would be appreciated thanks. sencity is awsome thanks energy for not forgetting bout us
Old 05-26-2011, 01:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond since juicy 2.5
Carrier: telus

czyzoman is a n00b
Re: |Victor|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy ¯ |May 18| 21916|29020 | Sense 2019 / 2.1 / Tita

hey so my email works now I let it sit on" loggin on " and after about 12 hours finally logged on no idea why but it works so who cares freezes for 3 or 4 secs sometimes on normal use usually during texting or in opera other than that the energy sencity is great

And for the people not getting internet there is a carrier provisioner in the start menu tools i think just turn it on for your carrier and reset works like a charm no editing settings or bs easy

Tanks nrg! Im actually thinkin of keeping my phone for a while now

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development