View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 04:10 PM
brc64
PPCGeeks Regular

brc64 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23088/21864) ** |Nov 15th| Manila 2.1 &

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc64 View Post
I skimmed through the past several pages but didn't see much in regards to this. Is there any way to disable the the full screen weather animations on the home screen? I don't mind having a little sun icon under the clock, but those animated rays of light are just too much for my poor Diamond to handle. I didn't seem to notice this with the previous SenseUI ROM I flashed, so I'm not sure if I'm overlooking a setting or if the previous ROM just had better performance in this regard.
I actually figured this out after watching a video review of the HD2 of all things. The trick is to select the menu option for animated wallpaper, but then to go to your regular photo album and pick the background you want to use. Interestingly enough, with the version I've got installed, the animated background option from the home screen doesn't do anything, but I was able to get to it from the settings tab. No more laggy weather animations on my home screen, yay!
This post has been thanked 3 times.