PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Yea, the link is on post #1, hosted on hotfile. The new ROM rocks, NRG! Way more speedy and stable!

SMS in manila is still slow, but I prefer the WM SMS app anyways!

Great job and many thanks!
what new rom?
Old 10-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
what new rom?
here you go Jake: http://hotfile.com/list/93327/8db99b5
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psg190 View Post
YES!!!! A new keyboard has been added!!!! To get a Compact Qwerty or Phone SIP go to HKLM\Software\HTC\ezsip\BioToShowMenu and change value to 1. Click OK, then wait for a few seconds and a SIP selection menu will display. Thank you NRG!!!
Thanks alot psg190. Definitely will add this to Q/A (post 4) as per your request.=D>
Old 10-15-2009, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

TheZodiac is a n00b

If possible can someone host the updated file, I can't get onto hotfile from work
Old 10-15-2009, 10:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Solomente is just getting started

should we be expecting another update? just wondering why NRG hasn't updated this thread with any release info. maybe this is a preliminary build and an "official" release is still forthcoming...?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

SMS in manila is still slow, but I prefer the WM SMS app anyways!
Is it as slow as before? Its the only thing stoping me from flashing this exclusively
Old 10-15-2009, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

pwrmedia is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Is it as slow as before? Its the only thing stoping me from flashing this exclusively

From the hour's worth of use I put towards this 10/14 release, yes. That, plus the recurring YouTube issue as with many other ROM's, and having to manually RegEdit the battery fix, ModeOp, VibState, and a few other things, seem to make this release only a fraction better than the 9/20. I'd hope, like others have mentioned, that this was simply a test release and hence why the changelog wasn't updated yesterday.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrmedia View Post
From the hour's worth of use I put towards this 10/14 release, yes. That, plus the recurring YouTube issue as with many other ROM's, and having to manually RegEdit the battery fix, ModeOp, VibState, and a few other things, seem to make this release only a fraction better than the 9/20. I'd hope, like others have mentioned, that this was simply a test release and hence why the changelog wasn't updated yesterday.
I don't know about "fraction" better. The dialer works now with new numbers not saved in contacts (I never had this problem, but other people have, and they say that this release has fixed that). It is noticeable more stable and speedier. The 3-5 second freezes we used to get on the keyboard and throughout the ROM are very less frequent as well. This is probably a test release, but I find this release worlds better than the previous one.

You have to remember he builds this ROM to his preference. Meaning that the battery fix, Mode of Operation, and VibState (hardware key vibration, 'Touch Input' settings for vibrate still do not work) are not bugs, they just simply are to NRG's liking.

By the way, this is after about 10 hours of use, maybe a little more.

What is the reoccurring YouTube issue? All YouTube videos have been working fine for me since his 1st or 2nd release. Is it when it says "cannot load video" or something like that? I used to get that on the previous ROM I was using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Yes, the Manila SMS is still as slow as it was before, rendering it almost unusable, but for some reason I like the stock SMS app over the manila app. Everyone has a different preference though, so I hope that gets fixed in the future.

All in all, I love this ROM!

Last edited by robsta; 10-15-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

seamus is just getting started

Great ROM.... "My Location" finally works without using GPS! Means I don't have to run my battery down with GPS. However, it's in Google only. Bing still can't locate me without GPS (Toronto) and thinks I'm in Seattle.

Minor glitch - the keyboard does not automatically "pop-up" when I place the cursor in a text field.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

pwrmedia is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I don't know about "fraction" better. The dialer works now with new numbers not saved in contacts (I never had this problem, but other people have, and they say that this release has fixed that). It is noticeable more stable and speedier. The 3-5 second freezes we used to get on the keyboard and throughout the ROM are very less frequent as well. This is probably a test release, but I find this release worlds better than the previous one.

You have to remember he builds this ROM to his preference. Meaning that the battery fix, Mode of Operation, and VibState (hardware key vibration, 'Touch Input' settings for vibrate still do not work) are not bugs, they just simply are to NRG's liking.

By the way, this is after about 10 hours of use, maybe a little more.

What is the reoccurring YouTube issue? All YouTube videos have been working fine for me since his 1st or 2nd release. Is it when it says "cannot load video" or something like that? I used to get that on the previous ROM I was using.

Yes, the Manila SMS is still as slow as it was before, rendering it almost unusable, but for some reason I like the stock SMS app over the manila app. Everyone has a different preference though, so I hope that gets fixed in the future.

All in all, I love this ROM!

Backlight settings, volume/sounds, are preferences expected to be set to his liking. However, battery polling and M.O.O. are edits that have since become ROM standards, and as such, should not have to be input manually. And, as mentioned, the YouTube "issue" is not an issue specifically centered to NRG's rom, it's been widespread for months, and though there is a "fix" available, it's still a PITA having to fix after flashing everytime.

Again, not knocking NRG's work, as he's produced quality roms for months, and I've been impressed with each release. Just simply pointing a few frustrations which have made the past two releases potential dealbreakers for old followers and attracting new ones, that's all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development