View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 10:52 AM
robsta
PPCGeeks Regular

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrmedia View Post
From the hour's worth of use I put towards this 10/14 release, yes. That, plus the recurring YouTube issue as with many other ROM's, and having to manually RegEdit the battery fix, ModeOp, VibState, and a few other things, seem to make this release only a fraction better than the 9/20. I'd hope, like others have mentioned, that this was simply a test release and hence why the changelog wasn't updated yesterday.
I don't know about "fraction" better. The dialer works now with new numbers not saved in contacts (I never had this problem, but other people have, and they say that this release has fixed that). It is noticeable more stable and speedier. The 3-5 second freezes we used to get on the keyboard and throughout the ROM are very less frequent as well. This is probably a test release, but I find this release worlds better than the previous one.

You have to remember he builds this ROM to his preference. Meaning that the battery fix, Mode of Operation, and VibState (hardware key vibration, 'Touch Input' settings for vibrate still do not work) are not bugs, they just simply are to NRG's liking.

By the way, this is after about 10 hours of use, maybe a little more.

What is the reoccurring YouTube issue? All YouTube videos have been working fine for me since his 1st or 2nd release. Is it when it says "cannot load video" or something like that? I used to get that on the previous ROM I was using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Is it as slow as before? Its the only thing stoping me from flashing this exclusively
Yes, the Manila SMS is still as slow as it was before, rendering it almost unusable, but for some reason I like the stock SMS app over the manila app. Everyone has a different preference though, so I hope that gets fixed in the future.

All in all, I love this ROM!

Last edited by robsta; 10-15-2009 at 11:01 AM.