PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

x42384 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1x/Ev - Sprint Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
you may want to try to update your profile, check out this thread, question 15. there is no reason why you wouldn't be getting ev if you get that service normally.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=4
I tried the cab, but still stuck in 1x mode. Hmm. MightyROM4 and SprintStock no problem. Yikes, I prefer to stay with EnergyROM, but may need to revert back to MR4.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x42384 View Post
I tried the cab, but still stuck in 1x mode. Hmm. MightyROM4 and SprintStock no problem. Yikes, I prefer to stay with EnergyROM, but may need to revert back to MR4.
ok, there should be no difference since Mighty's rom is generic as well. never had this problem, unless their are service problems in your area which has occurred to me. Atleast once a month my phone goes into 1x/weak ev for a couple days. Usually call them and they say nothing is wrong but.... If you flash the shipped rom again, update prl and profile, flash back to Energy rom, it should work fine. Hope it works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: Alltel

slow66 is a n00b

On most EVDO phones, you can force EVDO/1xRTT by dialing ##EVDO#.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
ok, there should be no difference since Mighty's rom is generic as well. never had this problem, unless their are service problems in your area which has occurred to me. Atleast once a month my phone goes into 1x/weak ev for a couple days. Usually call them and they say nothing is wrong but.... If you flash the shipped rom again, update prl and profile, flash back to Energy rom, it should work fine. Hope it works.
Got it to work now.
I flashed back to Sprint Stock, and it still came up in 1x. Called Sprint, they did a profile update/PRL push, still 1x. They did a remote chk of the tower and said it was OK. I than flashed back to MR4, and it came in in 1x, so i changed setting to Hybrid, and it flipped ok to Ev. (MR4 has a "mode of operation" setting to flip between 1x/Ev/Hybrid). So, I reflashed to EnergyROM and the Ev popped up. - strange that it works OK now. Maybe I should have tried "slow66" suggestion of ##EVDO#
Anyhow, thansk to all for the help.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

flickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by x42384 View Post
Got it to work now.
I flashed back to Sprint Stock, and it still came up in 1x. Called Sprint, they did a profile update/PRL push, still 1x. They did a remote chk of the tower and said it was OK. I than flashed back to MR4, and it came in in 1x, so i changed setting to Hybrid, and it flipped ok to Ev. (MR4 has a "mode of operation" setting to flip between 1x/Ev/Hybrid). So, I reflashed to EnergyROM and the Ev popped up. - strange that it works OK now. Maybe I should have tried "slow66" suggestion of ##EVDO#
Anyhow, thansk to all for the help.
To bring the mode of operation setting back, preform the following reg edit, then soft reset.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting

Change the option HiddenModeOperationPage from 1 to 0

I think you then may need to soft reset.

Then go to Phone/menu/option/service/and check in the list, "Mode of Operation" should be at the bottom. You have 3 choices, Hybrid, EVDO, and 1X.
Current Radio: ___
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

1way is a n00b
Question Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** SOMETHING IS MISSING!!!

EnergyRom is absolutely perfect for me! Sweet, Sleek, Good looking, FAST and has most of the important APPS! HOWEVER, having said that, let me say this: "I can't use it!" WHY? Because it doesn't have the "keyboard" of choice for me. I always text using the "Phone Keypad" option for texting - This is MISSING! Yikes! How do I get it back. I think the GPS wasn't wanting to connect when using

Google Maps either and I couldn't find the phone keypad that is used for dialing. I could only call people that were already in my contact list.

Is there a way to fix this stuff please?

*Phone Keypad option (FOR TEXTING)
*Phone Keypad for dialing (Where's it at?)
*GPS Connection (Google Maps constantly says, "Searching for satelites...")

Thanks in advance! OH

1Way
Old 09-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

1way is a n00b
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 6 ||Manila 2.1!

I currently am trying MightyRom although I would rather have EnergyROM (except it is missing some stuff I need and can't find). BUT...with MightyROM I miss the people shortcuts. You get to use a picture of your family/friends and simply flip through them and click on the one you want to dial. I like looking at my wife's pic and I also like to text from the original stock version because when you 'reply' from the face of the phone rather than from 'messaging' you get a FULL pad to type on and it shows you how many characters are left before a "second" message will start. which btw, my wife always receives the second message first instead of the first. hmmm....weird!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: Verizon

GreeKNastY is keeping up the good workGreeKNastY is keeping up the good work
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 6 ||Manila 2.1!

any updates soon
Old 09-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

thisdude23 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypr9 View Post
Anyone know how I change the shortcut on the home screen? Right now theres just Calendar. How do I add or change it?
this.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickmaker View Post
To bring the mode of operation setting back, preform the following reg edit, then soft reset.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting

Change the option HiddenModeOperationPage from 1 to 0

I think you then may need to soft reset.

Then go to Phone/menu/option/service/and check in the list, "Mode of Operation" should be at the bottom. You have 3 choices, Hybrid, EVDO, and 1X.
Perfect, that worked!!! - much thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development