PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ST1N6R4y is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

Love this ROM! First time flashing to WM6.5. Very nice.

Just some comments on the ROM. First Is there a way to make the Bing and BeejiveIM stuff optional? Right now its part of the ROM so no matter what I do it will not allow me to delete it.

Second, for the facebook contact update only some of my contact's pictures and information get updated even when it says it has found a match for them. Anyone have a clue why this is?

Other than that this Rom is pretty amazing. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1N6R4y View Post
Love this ROM! First time flashing to WM6.5. Very nice.

Just some comments on the ROM. First Is there a way to make the Bing and BeejiveIM stuff optional? Right now its part of the ROM so no matter what I do it will not allow me to delete it.

Second, for the facebook contact update only some of my contact's pictures and information get updated even when it says it has found a match for them. Anyone have a clue why this is?

Other than that this Rom is pretty amazing. Keep up the good work!
Hi, regarding bing and beejive, NRG is open to suggestions on removing programs which he has done recently with this rom release. But I think he already mentioned that beejive stays, not sure on bing though. Bing can be installed to internal storage and doesn't take up device memory so we will have to see what he thinks on this. Regarding facebook, that seems to happen with every rhodium rom I have tried so it could just be that the functionality is not complete yet. could be wrong though.

Last edited by Riley; 08-19-2009 at 06:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started

ok, so i hate the hood that comes up after the call is connected with the tachi dialer is there a way to get rid of it or install just the standard dialer skin?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work

Hey guys! I just wanted to report a bug I have been having with the ROM. Not too important, but say you get a text message with an unknown number and you try to add it to your contact list by pressing on the "link"/phone number. It then brings up a Manila list with three options and a text box, the text box says "Verify number", the selectable links are Call, SMS, or Add Contact. The call button and the Add Contact button just don't do anything. SMS works as it should and brings you to the Microsoft SMS app.

I'm pretty sure this has to do with Manila 2.1, and again, not a big deal at all because you can just press the message from manila, which will take you to the manila SMS app, then go two tabs over to the left and you can add the new number from there.

Just thought I'd let you guys know! It might just be me though, don't know.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2704 View Post
ok, so i hate the hood that comes up after the call is connected with the tachi dialer is there a way to get rid of it or install just the standard dialer skin?
I did some searching for ya and it doesn't seem like there is a solid way to get the incall lock curtain to go away without switching dialers. There is a work-around where you only have to slide down the lock curtain once until your next soft reset. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=517466, just use the reg edit, don't install the dialer they have there, it's for the TD2) You could just use the stock Microsoft dialer which would do away with the lock curtain completely. The cab for that is on the 1st or 2nd post of this thread.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:46 AM
N00b
Carrier: Bell

yhbae01 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai4281 View Post
Anyone having GPS problems with this ROM? GPS used to work fine (with Google Maps) in the earlier versions of this ROM, but I've been having problems since I flashed the latest - Aug 11th - ROM... I'd appreciate it if anyone has a fix for this.
I have no issues with GPS on this version of the ROM. I've been using it for about a week using both Google Map and Tomtom.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Hi, I'm Naut and I'm a flashaholic... I'm just now trying this ROM for the first time and WOW!

only issue i'm having is i cant get Opera to work... when i click a link in email it shows the Opera splash screen but never opens the browser... anyone else getting this or have a recommended fix? TIA

BTW I would LOVE to see these elements in a Kitchen!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 08-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
Hi, I'm Naut and I'm a flashaholic... I'm just now trying this ROM for the first time and WOW!

only issue i'm having is i cant get Opera to work... when i click a link in email it shows the Opera splash screen but never opens the browser... anyone else getting this or have a recommended fix? TIA

BTW I would LOVE to see these elements in a Kitchen!
Hey Nautica! good to see you. the rom is fantastic. will have to research this error but I wonder if it has to do with the opera splash screen coming up instead of directly to google or a homepage. will check though.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Carrier: sprint

jmoropeza is a n00b

Amazinggg i love it!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey Nautica! good to see you. the rom is fantastic. will have to research this error but I wonder if it has to do with the opera splash screen coming up instead of directly to google or a homepage. will check though.
I'll be trying a fresh flash shortly to see if it persists thx.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development