PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATR 3.0- I just pay Sprint for Minutes.

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA Diamond Radios

seems like all links are broken.....can we get a reup please?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

i have a sprint diamond that is running on big red (VZW) and i noticed that with the previous radio for vzw my signal dropped to almost no bars inside my house in indianapolis indiania. I am trying the newer .9 release for vzw and see how that is on my diamond. otherwise i will go back to latest sprint radio.... what are the real differences?
Old 06-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post
seems like all links are broken.....can we get a reup please?
The links work for me. Which one are you trying to download?
I just tried the latest verizon, and it worked.

Last edited by FastRX8; 06-24-2009 at 05:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
The links work for me. Which one are you trying to download.
I just tried the latest verizon, and it worked.
i was trying the new verizon link and it had a broken link....so i tested the others and they did the same....but they seem to working now though....thnx

also will the new verizon HR if i flash....i tried the one on juggolos thread with the old one a few months ago and i got a a HR.....just wondering.thnx
Old 06-24-2009, 05:12 PM

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post
i was trying the new verizon link and it had a broken link....so i tested the others and they did the same....but they seem to working now though....thnx

also will the new verizon HR if i flash....i tried the one on juggolos thread with the old one a few months ago and i got a a HR.....just wondering.thnx
AJM was kind enough to package all of them with the necessary files so that it will not hard reset your device.
I have personally tried the newest Verizon 1.03.09V, and can vouch for that one.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
AJM was kind enough to package all of them with the necessary files so that it will not hard reset your device.
I have personally tried the newest Verizon 1.03.09V, and can vouch for that one.
sweet ill have to try it out this weekend....thanks for the fast responses.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quick question... I understand any radio will flash to any carrier, but can the carrier recognize that I am not using the shipped radio? I ask because I have to flash back to stock in order to take my phone in to the store sometimes (Flashing voids the warranty suposedly) but there's no stock version of Cellular South's radio for me to revert to. Is that something they would be able to see or anything I should worry about?

Whoops! 2 questions, lol. Will carrier still be able to remotely send settings or updates to my Diamond if I change the Radio?

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powe6563 View Post
Quick question... I understand any radio will flash to any carrier, but can the carrier recognize that I am not using the shipped radio? I ask because I have to flash back to stock in order to take my phone in to the store sometimes (Flashing voids the warranty suposedly) but there's no stock version of Cellular South's radio for me to revert to. Is that something they would be able to see or anything I should worry about?

Whoops! 2 questions, lol. Will carrier still be able to remotely send settings or updates to my Diamond if I change the Radio?
They cannot tell whether or not you are using the shipped radio, unless they physically have the phone in their hand to look at the radio version.
Obviously, it pops up when you reboot, at the bottom right corner in red letters, or they can see it in the Device Info screen in the settings.
The network will not know you've switched the radio.

Now the question is, will they notice/know what to look for as far as radio version is concerned?
And, what will you do if you somehow get stuck w/o a working radio on your phone?

Since I'm not on your carrier, I've never paid attention whether or not people are changing the radio on that carrier. I would check that first.

Truth is, if you change it, most of the techs that work on your phone will never notice, or care.
If the tech knows about flashing other radios, and sees that you did it, he probably also knows that it stupid to void your warranty because of it.
I've returned several phones in the past years.
I just make sure the screens look stock, and that's it. I don't worry too much about Rom versions or Radio versions.
I take the phone in completely wiped, and tell them that I have all the data off the phone if they want to hard-reset.
I've never been called out on changing the radio version.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
They cannot tell whether or not you are using the shipped radio, unless they physically have the phone in their hand to look at the radio version.
Obviously, it pops up when you reboot, at the bottom right corner in red letters, or they can see it in the Device Info screen in the settings.
The network will not know you've switched the radio.

Now the question is, will they notice/know what to look for as far as radio version is concerned?
And, what will you do if you somehow get stuck w/o a working radio on your phone?

Since I'm not on your carrier, I've never paid attention whether or not people are changing the radio on that carrier. I would check that first.

Truth is, if you change it, most of the techs that work on your phone will never notice, or care.
If the tech knows about flashing other radios, and sees that you did it, he probably also knows that it stupid to void your warranty because of it.
I've returned several phones in the past years.
I just make sure the screens look stock, and that's it. I don't worry too much about Rom versions or Radio versions.
I take the phone in completely wiped, and tell them that I have all the data off the phone if they want to hard-reset.
I've never been called out on changing the radio version.

Sweet thanks! Now can anyone tell me if they have flashed radios on cellular south?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

llmask is just getting started

sprint diamond fieldtrial password 183729

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development