PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

bmckenna is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA Diamond Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
no, there can be flashed to any cdma diamond carrier. they are independent of this. so if you flash the alltel radio, you will still be connecting to sprint.
thank you very much! the stock sprint radio i have gets ridiculously hot, so i'm thinking a different one is in order. guess i should start trying them
Old 06-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

So which radio are most of you guys using? My brother-in-law is about to get a Sprint Diamond.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
So which radio are most of you guys using? My brother-in-law is about to get a Sprint Diamond.
Honestly it's up to personal experience for most of us. I personally have found the sprint radio 1.11.00f and Telus 1.04.05v to run the best overall. I tend to flash the telus one the most.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
apparently It all depends where he lives, this thread is the best I've found for a compiliation of which radio to flash depending on your city.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56611

If that helps, please hit the thanks button

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Pensar is a n00b

Hello,

Im on Sprint in Tucson, Arizona and recently flashed to 1.11, but I would like to try out the Telus radio. I download from the link, and when I try to run RUU Updater from the unrared file it crashes automatically. I haven't had a problem with updates so far, second ago I just put on Mystery Rom 4. I redownloaded the file and unrared that again as well, but same issue. Any ideas?
EDIT

In fact the first file I unzipped will not allow me to delete it, says I need permission. I am the admin, and the second unzipped file deleted fine, very odd.
Thanks

Last edited by Pensar; 06-23-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

probably still thinks the file is open. But, since you've already flashed to 1.11.00, you probably have the files from that, simply delete the nbh from that release, and replace it with the one from the telus release.

But this still doesn't sound that great of an idea, because if it's crashing, that could mean that it's corrupt, and if that's the case, I wouldn't take the chance of bricking the phone with a corrupt rom image...

Dunno, I would try to get the actual telus one to work first before trying anything with the phone.

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 06-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Lurker

Pensar is a n00b

Does anyone else have a mirror for the Telus radio? It appears from my end that the file may be corrupt now. The RUU for me does not open, yet the RUU for other roms/radios opens fine. Im afraid to swap the file if it is corrupt and brick my phone.
If not any other suggestions on other radios for the arizona area? This 1.11F has a pretty bad EVDO connection, and heats up a bit more than the stock.

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Lurker

Pensar is a n00b

The 1.11F came from a shipped sprint rom I installed before installing MysteryRom4. Here is something odd though-

I tried to download the stock sprint radio, and I have the same issue with RUU, it will just crash after I unzip the file and double click on ROMUpdateUtility, am I doing something wrong?
EDIT
Instead of Unraring the package I double clicked the Update Utility and it opened fine, Im wondering if this has something to do with my winrar.

Last edited by Pensar; 06-23-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

just to let everyone know:

1) There is nothing wrong with the .nbh file for the Telus radio, or any other for that matter. They have all already been tested, by me, before I posted them. And, I just downloaded the Telus and flashed it to be 100% sure.

2) Make sure that your download goes to 100% to avoid downloading a corrupt archive file.

-----

If you are having problems using any RUU, check your antivirus software. Some softwares identify RUUs as a type of virus. Try turning off your antivirus software while you are flashing to resolve this.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Lurker

Pensar is a n00b

I apologize for the confusion this must be a problem on my end. The only updater files that aren''t opening are these radio files, confuses me. I dont want to run one unrared, doesnt seem very safe. Any suggestions?

Last EDIT I hope

So all I did was drag the RUU file from the file winrar made for it, and it worked fine. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited by Pensar; 06-23-2009 at 06:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development