PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 01:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Back to the Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

blackspidey08 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blackspidey08
Re: CDMA Diamond Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspidey08 View Post
The Verizon 1.03.03 radio BURNS my battery like no other! Used it for a day. Used Opera Mobile for 7 minutes, made 1 phone call, and more than 10 text with 100% battery and my battery was down to 30% in 2 hours time! Gonna try the latest Verizon radio now, then the US Cellular that everyone is praising.

Tried the US Cellular radio 1.07.06. The Rx power is still bad, running at between -100 and -105. Actually the worst of the radios ive installed so far. installing the Verizon 1.03.09 radio now, then the Cellular South(?) radio, which is the one I meant to say I was downloading earlier.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:11 AM
N00b

blackspidey08 is a n00b

The Cellular South radio has probably the worst radio yet for my Diamond. In ##DEBUG# mode the Rx Power read between -104 and -105!! From my brief experience with all of these radios Im beginning to think that -105 is the worst reading you can get while still able to make and receive a phone call before the signal cuts out.

Just tested the Alltell 1.03.13 radio. Bad too. Rx Power between -102 and -105. Trying the Sprint stock radio now.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:42 AM
N00b

blackspidey08 is a n00b

The Sprint stock radio should have been an obvious pick for the worst Rx Power reading... and it was. -105 and it STAYED there for me. Last one to try is the Sprint radio 1.03.15. If this doesn't work its back to the Verizon 1.03.09 radio for me, even tho it runs hot ALL day.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:46 AM
N00b

blackspidey08 is a n00b

Quote:
The Sprint stock radio should have been an obvious pick for the worst Rx Power reading... and it was. -105 and it STAYED there for me. Last one to try is the Sprint radio 1.03.15. If this doesn't work its back to the Verizon 1.03.09 radio for me, even tho it runs hot ALL day.

The Sprint 1.03.15 radio Rx Power runs at -103 but the Rx Ec/Io runs very low at between 10 to 20 on average. Still not sure what good reading the Ec/Io does. May go back to the Verizon radio.

Can someone tell me what the Ec/Io reading is for and why's it important to stay close to 0? Would be nice to know.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
The Sprint 1.03.15 radio Rx Power runs at -103 but the Rx Ec/Io runs very low at between 10 to 20 on average. Still not sure what good reading the Ec/Io does. May go back to the Verizon radio.

Can someone tell me what the Ec/Io reading is for and why's it important to stay close to 0? Would be nice to know.
It's all in this thread... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...01&postcount=5

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
good point PMDColeslaw. as for the radio the works best, I have come to the conclusion that they all are pretty much the same. very little difference. Your situation blackspidey08 has everything to do with being in poor coverage so no matter what radio you install, its not going to change this. You would be better off calling sprint and asking them about the towers in your area or forcing 1x mode or roaming to try to get better battery life.

I have an area by my house that's a dead zone. I have tried many radios to see if one of them would make a difference and the results were all the same, poor reception. switched to roaming and I was able to get calls and 1x data but at least the device didn't try to get ev coverage constantly and drain away.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

anyone have any info as to pulling a radio from another device..?

i see the TP has the new 1.12.34F sprint radio, i would be happy to port/post it if i had some instructions to follow.

*i've managed to extract the radio.nb... working on packaging it up for us diamond users... anyone got any tips/info..?

it's not as simple as renaming the radio.nb to radio.nbh & flashing w/the usual RUU is it..?

*edit* Nevermind, thanks to jakdillard's post here - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...58&postcount=4

i've managed to extract, port, and re-package the radio for our diamonds -
http://rapidshare.com/files/28358774...V1.12.34F_D.7z

Last edited by SOHKis; 09-22-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

200Duece is a n00b

how does the newer radio work?
Old 09-23-2009, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

it works great, give it a try
Old 09-23-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
anyone have any info as to pulling a radio from another device..?

i see the TP has the new 1.12.34F sprint radio, i would be happy to port/post it if i had some instructions to follow.

*i've managed to extract the radio.nb... working on packaging it up for us diamond users... anyone got any tips/info..?

it's not as simple as renaming the radio.nb to radio.nbh & flashing w/the usual RUU is it..?

*edit* Nevermind, thanks to jakdillard's post here - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...58&postcount=4

i've managed to extract, port, and re-package the radio for our diamonds -
http://rapidshare.com/files/28358774...V1.12.34F_D.7z
how hard is it to grab that radio? I thought you could only do it if you get a hold of a shipped rom. If you can do it from any phone I would like to do it from my carrier and then test out different radios. (just incase i need to bring it in or go my carrier works best)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development