PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA Diamond Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post
Haven't tried the Telus Radio yet...probably will try that in a couple days to see if its better than the new Sprint radio. So far data throughput has been higher and the signal strength is higher (only judging by the "bars", no technical measurements.). Testing was done in the Pacific NW, specifically the Puget Sound area of Washington.

However, I can only recommended this radio over Sprint's 1.11 version if you don't care about heat and battery life. This radio is AGGRESSIVE, the phone definitely emits more heat and battery life seems a little worse than 1.11. This radio works for me though because I have a charger everyone I go, one at home, one at the office, and one in my car. The heat doesn't seem like its going to break my phone, but definitely hotter.

EDIT: Not as hot as I originally thought. After some extended data sessions, the heat seems to be in range with Sprint's previous radio release. Battery life is just a tad worse, not much.

The difference doesn't seem much, but it is a little faster for data and has better signal strength. Its probably not enough of a difference to offset the worse battery life and more heat.
Yep, I agree that 1.11.00 stock is sufficient and better on battery. However, I am starting to think that if we all had somebody switch the radios on us without us knowing, we really wouldn't know the difference. LOL The only radio I have used here that has given me more bars on the battery meter is the telus radio, However, this is not translating into faster data speeds or true signal strength. Check out page one and compare the signal strengths..... who knows. I am starting to skip this step anymore after flashing shipped and often just run with the stock radio that seems to work just very well. Although there always the hope that another radio will come out that will give us all 4000kbs/sec!! well maybe something close to that

Last edited by Riley; 08-20-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:09 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Yep, I agree that 1.11.00 stock is sufficient and better on battery. However, I am starting to think that if we all had somebody switch the radios on us without us knowing, we really wouldn't know the difference. LOL ...
I switched 'em last night on ya!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I switched 'em last night on ya!
darn it, though i heard Yoda in the middle of the night. and you know what I missing one signal bar.... did you get my highly enlighted PMs on activex?

Last edited by Riley; 08-20-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Yep, I agree that 1.11.00 stock is sufficient and better on battery. However, I am starting to think that if we all had somebody switch the radios on us without us knowing, we really wouldn't know the difference. LOL The only radio I have used here that has given me more bars on the battery meter is the telus radio, However, this is not translating into faster data speeds or true signal strength. Check out page one and compare the signal strengths..... who knows. I am starting to skip this step anymore after flashing shipped and often just run with the stock radio that seems to work just very well. Although there always the hope that another radio will come out that will give us all 4000kbs/sec!! well maybe something close to that
haha I wish that would be awesome! Yeah after using the radio some more, its just little, and I mean LITTLE differences. Your completely right on the part that if someone switched it on me during the day, I would have no idea my radio was changed, haha.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia2
Carrier: bell

jaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm wondering if anyone knows which radio will be the best help with battery life, thats the only thing i care about!!! my phone can barely get me to the end of the day right now im running energy rom with bell stock radio. Can anyone help??
Old 08-25-2009, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work

Unfortunately, you'll just have to try it out yourself and see. There is no 'best' radio, there are ones that are better than others but its really region specific. It really all depends on the area you live in. I'd start with a newer Telus or Sprint radio, I've heard good stuff about them.

I personally use Sprint's latest radio and have fairly good results, but I look for signal strength over anything because I have a place to charge pretty much wherever I go.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:11 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Latest sprint overheated in like 2 mins of data use(no joke)

Telus hours and hours, no overheat

Donate if you like my work!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:14 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Hey hey I live in the west coast near Los Angeles... any other west coasters around here? if no what radio do you use if you might happen to be near... I'm ditching sprint one and trying US one...
Old 09-10-2009, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

Diamondeyes is just getting started

ok so Telus is a Canadian carrier, right? Will it do any good to use it in North Georgia?
Old 09-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND

hasseye is just getting started

okay so it seems like the Cellular South 1.12.31F is the latest...anyone have any pros or cons with it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development