PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 7/31/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23016,21828 - Generic | All Carriers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
21828 rom is still corrupt @ unzip
I am retarded... I replaced the sys...
Old 07-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: 7/31/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23016,21828 - Generic | All Carriers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
I am retarded... I replaced the sys...
happens to the best of us,
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:35 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The ROM is now replaced... See if that works for ya.

And thanks willysp for helping with the communication issue there... its just one of those days I guess.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:45 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
The ROM is now replaced... See if that works for ya.

And thanks willysp for helping with the communication issue there... its just one of those days I guess.

unzipped fine, thanks.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:51 PM

while using 6.1 for about ten minutes, I noticed that I really like the stock 6.1 touch input. Unlike the ones I find now in 6.5 (including yours), I can choose compact qwerty, full qwerty, or phone style, and its got that easy language select, but I like the ezinput you have because the symbols are easier to locate... Is there a combination or a way to do the stock 6.1 keyboards over your 21828 without cooking my own rom?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:56 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
while using 6.1 for about ten minutes, I noticed that I really like the stock 6.1 touch input. Unlike the ones I find now in 6.5 (including yours), I can choose compact qwerty, full qwerty, or phone style, and its got that easy language select, but I like the ezinput you have because the symbols are easier to locate... Is there a combination or a way to do the stock 6.1 keyboards over your 21828 without cooking my own rom?
Those are from the EZ Input 1 or 1.5... I would have to cook it in instead of EZ Input 2, otherwise they would conflict.

Edit: Per Riley's post below... Ignore this.

Last edited by da_reeseboy; 07-31-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
yes. technically you should be able to install one of the standard htc ezinput sips overtop the existing sip. But sometimes it doesn't work so it really depends on the rom. I did this with one of Mystery's roms and it worked. He was running one the newer ezinput2 sips as well but I have read other posts where people struggled with this. If you want to try, I would suggest installing fdcsoft taskmanager, open it up and check to see if sipgt_exe is in the processes. then close/kill this process, exit fdcsoft taskmanager. then install the stock htc sip of your choice (calcu has a few in 2nd or third post of his rom thread). it will prompt you to restart, cross your fingers now if the sipgt_exe process is not running, then in theory you should be fine but like I said it all depends. Normally I would suggest using the kitchen and not selecting ezinput2 but you mentioned you would prefer to try installing it the rom. give it a go. I will tell you most likely the merdinh htc sip will not work. it's a great sip but is compressed and for some reason doesn't play well installing overtop of existing sips.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:14 PM

what about uninstalling ezinput2, installing 1.5 and restarting (for simplicity)?
Old 07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

so reese, tell me, is this new sys worth upgrading too? 21921 is doing me lovely...
Old 07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
what about uninstalling ezinput2, installing 1.5 and restarting (for simplicity)?
unfortunately you can't uninstall it since it doesn't appear in remove programs. the only way to not have it included is to not select it in build os from the kitchen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development