View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 7/31/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23016,21828 - Generic | All Carriers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
while using 6.1 for about ten minutes, I noticed that I really like the stock 6.1 touch input. Unlike the ones I find now in 6.5 (including yours), I can choose compact qwerty, full qwerty, or phone style, and its got that easy language select, but I like the ezinput you have because the symbols are easier to locate... Is there a combination or a way to do the stock 6.1 keyboards over your 21828 without cooking my own rom?
yes. technically you should be able to install one of the standard htc ezinput sips overtop the existing sip. But sometimes it doesn't work so it really depends on the rom. I did this with one of Mystery's roms and it worked. He was running one the newer ezinput2 sips as well but I have read other posts where people struggled with this. If you want to try, I would suggest installing fdcsoft taskmanager, open it up and check to see if sipgt_exe is in the processes. then close/kill this process, exit fdcsoft taskmanager. then install the stock htc sip of your choice (calcu has a few in 2nd or third post of his rom thread). it will prompt you to restart, cross your fingers now if the sipgt_exe process is not running, then in theory you should be fine but like I said it all depends. Normally I would suggest using the kitchen and not selecting ezinput2 but you mentioned you would prefer to try installing it the rom. give it a go. I will tell you most likely the merdinh htc sip will not work. it's a great sip but is compressed and for some reason doesn't play well installing overtop of existing sips.
This post has been thanked 2 times.