PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 01:36 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila HD Hybrid 1.4 - Updated Jan.27

i am missing the reg entry with weather update address. can someone check in hkcu\software\htc\manila and post what the key and data of the accuweather is?
Old 01-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
i am missing the reg entry with weather update address. can someone check in hkcu\software\htc\manila and post what the key and data of the accuweather is?
So it's not just me who is not able to update the weather!! I have been going nuts trying to fix it all afternoon!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefall View Post
Is there anyway to get jsut the people tab? I did a search but didn't come up with anything..
thanks
You would still need to run the Manila HD executables to enable this tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
Hey I Love the Calvin and Hobbes background.
Would you mind sharing the image.
Does it have to be a .tsk file to work properly for the background?
or can I use any jpg file under the Today options.
I have never changed the backgrounds on Manilla, if someone has
a little DIY list to follow that would be great.
Thanks
The Calvin and Hobbes is just an image file in one of my albums. I'll attach the image here. The background can be changed on all tabs by going to Settings and then "Wallpaper".

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
Seems like there's a bug in the weather tab...basically, if you updated the weather a while back and next time you go in say 2 hours later, and update it manually. The line below the City said some'n like "Weather_IDS0" or some'n like that.
I'll take a look at the weather.mode9 file, it looks to be doing it for certain weather conditions.

Quote:
This is what's coming up in my phone right now... I'll need to check previous Manila's to see if this got changed somewhere along the way... Gimme a couple hours, I'm not on my regular computer with all my "phone stuff" on it.
hkcu\software\htc\manila\Weather.ServerURLOverride = http://weather.not2advanced.com/htc

I just renamed the ServerURLOverride to ServerURLOverrid (to have it use the HTC Proxy) and things look to be having problems updating. Maybe the htc proxy site is having some problems?

Thanks,
Daryel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calvin_background.jpg (8.1 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: tim

iago_00 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
I've been playing around with Manila HD for a couple months, taking pieces from XDA and other pieces from themes from here... this is the result that has come out of it. This is basically tweaked for my own liking, anyone is welcome to take this and tweak it to their own. This HD Manila will also autoload.

Here's a full listing of all the Tabs...

Tab 1: Home - Removed background from digital clock, changed Operator logo from image found on XDA. Transparent highlights from Juggalo Manila (awesome work).
Tab 2: People - HD Tab with the "Quick Buttons" at the bottom (one less button to press to dial, email or text). This was taken from XBmod's version 1.8.1 of Manila HD on XDA.
Tab 3: Call History - Replaced HD version with standard VGA version. This prevents the "squished" look. Updated icons.
Tab 4: Messaging - Originally I had mun_rus's Zoom+ and Zoom- on the messaging tab. I've removed these (didn't always work as expected). Replaced with standard VGA version.
Tab 5: Email - Standard VGA version.
Tab 6: Photos & Videos - Replaced the HD Version with Standard VGA version. The "pile" of photos were hidden behind the bottom curtain.
Tab 7: Music - Standard VGA version.
Tab 8: Internet - Standard VGA version.
Tab 9: Stocks - HD Tab, taken from XBmod's version 1.8.1 of Manila HD on XDA.
Tab 10: Weather - Replaced HD Tab with the Standard VGA. I didn't like the squished view of this tab. 5-day view restored as well.
Tab 11: Calendar - Was just an XML edit.
Tab 12: Settings - Includes the Manila HD "Customize Tabs" to rearrange or enable/disable tabs. Much easier than using another tool if you just want to turn on/off a tab.
Tab 13: Sound Profiles - Another XML edit
Tab 14: Comm Manager - Another XML edit
Tab 15: Programs - No changes except the semi-transparent icons (Juggalo Manila) and bumping the rows to 8 instead of the stock 6.

Credits: Juggalo for his Manila containing lots of cool semi-transparent images. XBmod over at XDA for his auto-launching program and his continued work on HD Manila. mun_rus over at XDA as well for his initial work on Manila HD. Tons of other people for providing the Tools, Tutorials, and files for which this Manila wouldn't exist without.

I'm attaching two files, one is a CAB version and the other is a OEM Package. I havn't tested the CAB version, but because of the size, its reported to take around from 8-10 minutes to install. I use the OEM since it's easier for me to just flash and let all my customizations run automated. Also with the CAB, if you already have Manila HD installed, the "Customize Tabs" on the Settings page may not pick up the new Tabs.

1. Disable Touchflo 3D in Settings->Today->Items
2. Install CAB to device (Not Internal Storage)
3. Restart when prompted

The OEM package is easier... dump it into your OEM folder of your kitchen (I use Calcu's) and select just this Package with no other Manila options (No Manila Base, No Manila Clocks, No Manila themes, etc). This OEM is all-inclusive.

Megaupload CAB version 1.4 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WBMZSBF0
Megaupload OEM version 1.4 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6EF8JEVQ

I have seen the updates to add Landscape to this Manila on XDA by xboxmod. Here's a link to the post on XDA - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470164. It uses Mortscript to determine if the device has been rotated and then executes an .EXE. I'm looking into doing it without Mortscript or assigning it to a soft-key or long-key-press. It's still in alpha, but should work with this Manila on a Diamond with no issues. Reading the thread on XDA, it sounds like there are some issues with the keyboard on Touch Pro's.
Hi
I was wondering if you could post cabs (or OEMs) for just TAB 9 and 12 (i.e stock and Settings - Including the Manila HD "Customize Tabs").
I really love the idea of leaving the rest of the tabs on original VGA (like you did).
thanks

Last edited by iago_00; 01-28-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Mobility

loginatnine is just getting started

Hey I'm running mighty 4.2 here on telus and I cannot change anything in the comm manager tab.No error message I just cant change anything!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:25 AM
mcom

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

mighty 4.2? or mighty 4.4? I am getting errors on mighty 4.4 like that but I thought it might be because he cooked in more than one comm manager
Old 01-28-2009, 11:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

wondabwoy is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Manila HD Hybrid 1.3

Quote:
The clock can be updated by installing the SprintFlipClock.cab file that's floating around these forums.

Here's the stock Sprint black background...

Daryel
Wow, I'm impressed, but with the clock, is there any bug or issue in using Calcu's white flip or black flip that comes with his kitchen?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Mobility

loginatnine is just getting started

Quote:
mighty 4.2? or mighty 4.4? I am getting errors on mighty 4.4 like that but I thought it might be because he cooked in more than one comm manager
using mighty 4.2...
Old 01-28-2009, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv

Quote:
Originally Posted by iago_00 View Post
Hi
I was wondering if you could post cabs (or OEMs) for just TAB 9 and 12 (i.e stock and Settings - Including the Manila HD "Customize Tabs").
I really love the idea of leaving the rest of the tabs on original VGA (like you did).
thanks
The tabs have to run under Manila HD, you can't pull them out separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loginatnine View Post
Hey I'm running mighty 4.2 here on telus and I cannot change anything in the comm manager tab.No error message I just cant change anything!
I just confirmed this on mine as well. I never use the Comm Mgr tab (it was requested to be added). I'll add it to "stuff to look into".

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondabwoy View Post
Wow, I'm impressed, but with the clock, is there any bug or issue in using Calcu's white flip or black flip that comes with his kitchen?
You should be able to add a flip clock as long as it's done by CAB afterwards. It may break the BackgroundOnAllTabs functionality though. There's too many files that would conflict if you tried selecting this OEM and a Flip Clock OEM in the kitchen (you'd see BuildOS errors).

Quote:
hkcu\software\htc\manila\Weather.ServerURLOverride = http://weather.not2advanced.com/htc
I checked this out more closely, here's the full string that I've been using in the Regkey...
http://weather.not2advanced.com/htcw...ice=innovation

Daryel
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:22 PM
mcom

Great release man. Been testing it cooked into the current mighty rom and there isn't much left to make this manila perfect! Here are the few problems I have experienced so far.

1. Text messaging menu doesn't have the "forward" option.
mun rus says this can be added by editing hte 26948339_manila file and changing hte sms menu section to this;

<SimpleDialog Name="MessagesGizmoResponse.dialog" PackageName="HTC">
<ComponentReference Name="dialogItem" Mode9Path="HTC\simpledialog.mode9" Component="SimpleDialog" SmartComponent="true"/>
<DialogItem Name="Menu">
<DialogItem Name="New" Title="[[IDS_MESSAGING_NEW]]"/>
<DialogItem Name="Reply" Title="[[IDS_MESSAGING_REPLY]]"/>
<DialogItem Name="Delete" Title="[[IDS_MESSAGING_DELETE]]"/>
<DialogItem Name="Forward" Title="[[IDS_MESSAGING_FORWARD]]"/> [EDIT]<- this appears to be the line that is missing (I added it and it worked)
</DialogItem>
</SimpleDialog>
<SimpleDialog Name="MessagesGizmoResponse_Forward.dialog" PackageName="HTC">
<ComponentReference Name="dialogItem" Mode9Path="HTC\simpledialog.mode9" Component="SimpleDialog" SmartComponent="true"/>
<DialogItem Name="Menu">
<DialogItem Name="New" Title="[[IDS_MESSAGING_NEW]]"/>
<DialogItem Name="Reply" Title="[[IDS_MESSAGING_REPLY]]"/>
<DialogItem Name="Forward" Title="[[IDS_MESSAGING_FORWARD]]"/>
<DialogItem Name="Delete" Title="[[IDS_MESSAGING_DELETE]]"/>
</DialogItem>
</SimpleDialog>

I have also found that installing this cab with the sms font size zoomers will add the option to the menu. (See attached)

2. Comm manager tab won;t work - but I think this is because the rom I had cooked up has multiple comm manager applications cooked into it. I can still use the d-pad to move the selector up, but touching the buttons/using the center key doesn;t work. Once again, I don't think that this is part of your manila.[EDIT] I guess it's part of the manila. When I added it manually last time before it was included I had no problem with it... I think I found how to fix it. In the 26948339_manila this line needs fixing;
It currently reads;
<Page Order="XX" Name="communications.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[Comm-Manager]]" >
It needs to be changed to;
<Page Order="XX" Name="communications.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_COMMUNICATIONS]]" >

3. BG4all tabs problem - Having this installed by default causes a problem. I install a custom clock (pamas digital) and I wind up having just the main page bg changing and then having the corner white square issue on all the other tabs. I tried reinstalling a cab for bg for all pages but it brought up the flip clock but still had my digits. I tired just installing three of the files in the bg4allpages as per a recomendation in the mun rus thread here;
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=mun+manila
but still no luck. I also tried installing the default sprint background file that you had earlier in the thread but nothing happened either. This is really the only bug of any consequence through out this wicked manila.

4. I still am noticing that I have an app in my task manager called "Start" that is the touchflo exe. Not sure how to make this disapear, I keep accidently closing touchflo, haha.

5. On the manila soft key menus that have sub menus, the arrow that symbolizes a sub menu is available is white, so you don't see it until you click the option where hte sub menu is located. Not sure what manila file this one is though.
Attached Files
File Type: cab PamasDigitalClock.CAB (31.3 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab SMSZoom.cab (96.8 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by briggs; 01-28-2009 at 01:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development