PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: Manila HD Hybrid 1.4 - Updated Jan.27

Does anyone know which manila files governs the ability to add, call, email or text to People tab in TF3D. Thats the only upgrade that I really liked.

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 01-28-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
Great release man. Been testing it cooked into the current mighty rom and there isn't much left to make this manila perfect! Here are the few problems I have experienced so far.

1. Text messaging menu doesn't have the "forward" option.
mun rus says this can be added by editing hte 26948339_manila file and changing hte sms menu section to this;

I have also found that installing this cab with the sms font size zoomers will add the option to the menu. (See attached)

2. Comm manager tab won;t work - but I think this is because the rom I had cooked up has multiple comm manager applications cooked into it. I can still

3. BG4all tabs problem - Having this installed by default causes a problem. I install a custom clock (pamas digital) and I wind up having just the main page bg changing and then having the corner white square issue on all the other tabs. I tried reinstalling a cab for bg for all pages but it brought up the flip clock but still had my digits. I tired just installing three of the files in the bg4allpages as per a recomendation in the mun rus thread here;
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=mun+manila
but still no luck. I also tried installing the default sprint background file that you had earlier in the thread but nothing happened either. This is really the only bug of any consequence through out this wicked manila.

4. I still am noticing that I have an app in my task manager called "Start" that is the touchflo exe. Not sure how to make this disapear, I keep accidently closing touchflo, haha.

5. On the manila soft key menus that have sub menus, the arrow that symbolizes a sub menu is available is white, so you don't see it until you click the option where hte sub menu is located. Not sure what manila file this one is though.
#1 and #2 I'll take a look at and test. The SMS Zoom was buggy when I tried it last. Maybe there's been an update.
#3 is really tricky... Background4AllPages is just tricky all around, especially using a Digital clock instead of a Flip Clock. Maybe I'll play around with Flip clocks this afternoon to see if I can come up with a solution.
#4 is easy... the start.exe is what starts the Manila and keeps it running, add it to the "Exclusive List" in Settings -> Task Manager. It will disappear from your tasks list then.
#5 I've never noticed there even were arrows. I'll see if I can track down the images and color them grey so they show up.

Thanks,
Daryel
Daryel
Old 01-28-2009, 12:57 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

deleted

Last edited by briggs; 01-28-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Does anyone know which manila files governs the ability to call, email or text from the People tab. Thats the only upgrade that I really liked.
6c422ab4_manila is the people.mode9 file. The QTC files you'll need are pretty numerous. There's a m9editor on xda-developers which will let you look at the files and edit some of them....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:09 PM
mcom

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
#3 is really tricky... Background4AllPages is just tricky all around, especially using a Digital clock instead of a Flip Clock. Maybe I'll play around with Flip
Daryel
I say stick with the sprint clock and by default have another background set for the default tabs. I've got some good ones if you want to see.

If you have msn pm me the address and we'll figure this stuff out there.

[EDIT] I tried changing the comm-manager tab title to [[IDS_Communications]], when the comm manager tab loads the first time it shows the name in touchflo as IDS_Communications, but if I go to another tab and then back to the comm manager tab that title changes to communications... still testing to try and get this working.

[SECOND EDIT] I got it working, I changed the tab title as above and added this manila file (the gray font one) that was not in the windows directory. This should fix it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1f3be060_manila.zip (28.6 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by briggs; 01-28-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

Installed this over my Juicy 4.4. I had some personal mod's already and icon packs and manila customizer and all that. After installing this it no longer starts TF3D =( It started once, but was very buggy and had a "Start" listed in the upper right hand Task list. Which, after closing that, TF3D disappeared, but it was still there kind of, the bottom soft buttons were there, but the whole screen was Black, but it still acted like TF3D was on, like if I hit "programs" soft button on the lower right on the bottom, it changed the soft buttons to reflect what would be there if you were there on TF3D, so I tried moving my finger as if the display was there to get it to go back to home page (Right to Left) and it changed the soft buttons again back to the Home page soft buttons. Very odd, I did a soft reset and now it doesn't start at all. Not sure what's going on here, but it's not happy. Gonna have to try a different ROM, since Juicy doesn't even develop his anymore.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You need the start program to keep it running. Just add it to your exclusive list and you won't see it anymore.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would love the normal HD weather tab. There is a fix for the squished one and would love to have it implemented into this one....
Old 01-28-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
[EDIT] I tried changing the comm-manager tab title to [[IDS_Communications]], when the comm manager tab loads the first time it shows the name in touchflo as IDS_Communications, but if I go to another tab and then back to the comm manager tab that title changes to communications... still testing to try and get this working.

[SECOND EDIT] I got it working, I changed the tab title as above and added this manila file (the gray font one) that was not in the windows directory. This should fix it.
IDS_COMMUNICATIONS needs to be added to 090661f7_manila. It's just a plain text XML file. This manila contains all the "Tab Names" in it. The "Sound Profiles" tab is hard-coded in the 26948339_manila file though.

The file you added probably removed the "Customize Tabs" from your Settings tab. Updating the 090661f7 file should fix it.

I've also found the > image and updated it to be grey instead of white. This should have it show on the sub-menus.

I'm attaching a CAB with some of these fixes. The CAB contains...
updated 26948339
updated 090661f7 with Communications Tab name in it (en-us)
updated arrow or > sub-menu QTC file

Just stop Touchflo 3d in Settings->Today->Items and install the CAB. It should prompt to reboot.

I'm still working on the weather issue... (IDS_STATE_0 issue) and will be checking out the weather tab on XDA tonight, seems like people like it better.

Do you find the SMS Zoom to work as you press the button? Or does the font size change only after switching to a different message?

Daryel
Attached Files
File Type: cab HDManilaFixes.cab (194.2 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:33 PM
mcom

I found [EDIT: THE REG KEY] that is associated with weather, here is the provxml for it;
<characteristic type="HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila">
<parm name="Weather.ServerURLOverride" datatype="string" value="http://weather.not2advanced.com/htcweather/forecastdata.php?ac=XDADevs&locCode=%25ls&version=1&device=innovation"/>
</characteristic>
The ServerURLOverride was missing intially but once I added it, things would update. If you add that prov xml into the hd manila cab it will be 100% rockin'. I just had to delete the first city in my list and then readd it and they all worked.

Ya the zoom buttons only work the way you described (kinda useless) I just installed it to try and get other stuff going.

Thanks for the cab fix. I'll test it out for you with [UC] and a hard reset (my manila files are so messed right now from trying to fix stuff haha). AWESOME SIDE EFFECT OF THIS CAB: MY BG4ALLPages works with my custome clock

Last edited by briggs; 01-28-2009 at 04:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development