PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 12:53 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila HD Hybrid 1.3

found this on XDA, it's a way to fix a crashing weather tab, it worked for me.

Disable Touch Flo 3d in settings
Go to HKCU/Software/HTC/Manila
Weather.CityList -----> delete all entries (Citycodes)
Weather.CurrentCity-----> set to 0
Then gor to My device/Application Data/HTC/databases
delete the file forecast_cache.db
Start Touch Flo 3d.
Then add your citys you like. Click update.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
I've been playing around with Manila HD for a couple months, taking pieces from XDA and other pieces from themes from here... this is the result that has come out of it. This is basically tweaked for my own liking, anyone is welcome to take this and tweak it to their own. This HD Manila will also autoload.

Here's a listing of the Tabs and changes performed...

Tab 1: Home - Removed background from digital clock, changed Operator logo from image found on XDA. Transparent highlights from Juggalo Manila (awesome work).
Tab 2: People - HD Tab with the "Quick Buttons" at the bottom (one less button to press to dial, email or text). This was taken from XBmod's version 1.8.1 of Manila HD on XDA.
Tab 3: Call History - Replaced HD version with standard VGA version. This prevents the "squished" look.
Tab 4: Messaging - Originally I had mun_rus's Zoom+ and Zoom- on the messaging tab. I've removed these (didn't always work as expected). Replaced with standard VGA version.
Tab 5: Email - Standard VGA version.

Tab 6: Music - Standard VGA version.

Tab 7: Photos & Videos - Replaced the HD Version with Standard VGA version. The "pile" of photos were hidden behind the bottom curtain.

Tab 8: Internet - Standard VGA version.

Tab 9: Stocks - HD Tab, taken from XBmod's version 1.8.1 of Manila HD on XDA.

Tab 10: Weather - Replaced HD Tab with the Standard VGA. I didn't like the squished view of this tab. 5-day view restored as well.
Tab 11: Calendar - Was just an XML edit. Other tabs (Comm Manager and Sound Profiles) could be added by editing 26948339_manila file. There was a problem with dark fonts on a dark backgound that I didn't like so I removed them.
Tab 12: Settings - Includes the Manila HD "Customize Tabs" to rearrange or enable/disable tabs. Much easier than using another tool if you just want to turn on/off a tab.
Tab 13: Programs - No changes except the semi-transparent icons (Juggalo Manila) and bumping the rows to 8 instead of the stock 6.

Credits: Juggalo for his Manila containing lots of cool semi-transparent images. XBmod over at XDA for his auto-launching program and his continued work on HD Manila. mun_rus over at XDA as well for his initial work on Manila HD. Tons of other people for providing the Tools, Tutorials, and files for which this Manila wouldn't exist without.

I'm attaching two files, one is a CAB version and the other is a OEM Package. I havn't tested the CAB version, but because of the size, I'm estimating it may take anywhere from 10-20 minutes to install. Can someone let me know the timing and outcome of the CAB? I use the OEM since it's easier for me to just flash and let all my customizations run automated.

1. Disable Touchflo 3D in Settings->Today->Items
2. Install CAB to device (Not Internal Storage)
3. Restart when prompted

The OEM package is easier... dump it into your OEM folder of your kitchen (I use Calcu's) and select just this Package with no other Manila options (No Manila Base, No Manila Clocks, No Manila themes, etc). This OEM is all-inclusive.

Megaupload CAB version - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1FVOBUH3
Megaupload OEM version - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WL24KE14

Installing now, will post all results
Old 01-27-2009, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

jpeepers is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by loginatnine View Post
do you mind pointing me toward the right cab please?
thanks!
Here you go...

Link to the file..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1226762977

And the thread it is in..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...lock_white.zip

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
can i use this on telus?

Here is a manila file that will enable the comm manager tab to function if you wanna use it. (I noticed you were having problems with the font color in your write up)

The problem is that the sounds menu and the comm manager tab share a font color file, so you have to set it to gray in order to be able to view it on both backgrounds.

This other manila file, 5e003d37_manila, will make it so that when you click on the email tab it will dismiss the email alert from the top title bar but not mark your messages as read.

Lastly, these three manila files will add color coding to the call history tab. so they look like this;

Hope some of these help.
Okay, I took a look at these last night. The images are no problem... The grey font fix also affects the Settings tab (it's the Settings.mode9 file). The email fix looks to working correctly too.

If I get time tonight (depends on the wife), I'll try to implement the following...

1. Colored icons on the Call History
2. Replace clock "background" with Stock Sprint
3. Replace my background with the Stock Sprint
4. Enable Customize Background on all Tabs
5. Fix Font color on HD settings.mode9 (and re-enable Comm-Manager tab)

This may mean losing Operator Logo at the top of the screen, I'll play around with it to see if I can get everything working together.

Also, it looks like this Manila is in Beta or Alpha testing for Landscape support, I'll be waiting for the bugs to be worked out first though.

- Daryel
Old 01-27-2009, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Ok tried the cab from the first post, it a no go. TF3D would crash ever minute or so. On the People Section, I only had two tabs; one from text and one for call. The weather was never able to update, and no photo could be found.

Can someone confirm, with the OEM zip pack. Are you only moving the manila files only. I notice there are son dll file amoung other stuff as well

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 01-27-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Mobility

loginatnine is just getting started

I'd like to switch back to the good old tf3d, how do I uninstall this?
Old 01-27-2009, 02:23 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
Okay, I took a look at these last night. The images are no problem... The grey font fix also affects the Settings tab (it's the Settings.mode9 file). The email fix looks to working correctly too.

If I get time tonight (depends on the wife), I'll try to implement the following...

1. Colored icons on the Call History
2. Replace clock "background" with Stock Sprint
3. Replace my background with the Stock Sprint
4. Enable Customize Background on all Tabs
5. Fix Font color on HD settings.mode9 (and re-enable Comm-Manager tab)

This may mean losing Operator Logo at the top of the screen, I'll play around with it to see if I can get everything working together.

Also, it looks like this Manila is in Beta or Alpha testing for Landscape support, I'll be waiting for the bugs to be worked out first though.

- Daryel
*high five*

I total comandered those files into your version and have been testing them since I installed, and so far so good.

But I would recommend leaving bg4all pages out as it is easily installable with a cab but hard to uninstall if you don't want it. I presonally don't like the special background on all tabs I find it gets in the way of actually doing stuff in some of them.

Also, is it possible to have that "rearange tabs" settings menu with the comm manager tab in it as well? When I added it manually it disabled the rearrange menu. But yours is also the only hd manila I've seen that had the menu working with the added calendar and call history tabs too, so maybe you've got a trick here.

The Operator Logo disapearing is not a huge sacrifice (I'm on Telus so I really don't mind haha). The clock I install (Pamas Digital, look it up on XDA) overwrites this image anyways.

Lastly, it looks like the HD weather tab stretching has a fix on that XBmod XDA thread too, maybe we could try that out as well. (Like you need to lengthen that list though! Your wife is already gonna be mad enough, haha)

Really lastly, This manila rules.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch

whyjustin is a n00b

First, thanks for the great work. I have been using the XBmod version of HD Manila but yours looks a lot cleaner without the scrunched weather tab. My only issue is that Manila crashes whenever I goto the (text)messaging tab. I am therefore unable to access text messages through manila. I'm using Mighty 4.3 as a base and was wondering if this may be due to the location of the sms messages (internal storage) or if anyone else was experiencing this issue.
Many thanks.

EDIT: Seems to be an issue with my phone. Unable to retrieve sms messages at any time. Thanks for all support offered.

Last edited by whyjustin; 01-27-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyjustin View Post
First, thanks for the great work. I have been using the XBmod version of HD Manila but yours looks a lot cleaner without the scrunched weather tab. My only issue is that Manila crashes whenever I goto the (text)messaging tab. I am therefore unable to access text messages through manila. I'm using Mighty 4.3 as a base and was wondering if this may be due to the location of the sms messages (internal storage) or if anyone else was experiencing this issue.
Many thanks.
Yep, I think you might have the registry tweak to stores messages (text as well) in INternal Storage. It happened to me a few times, and up until now, I couldn't find a fix except either hard reset or reflash with the tweak in place.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch

whyjustin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
Yep, I think you might have the registry tweak to stores messages (text as well) in INternal Storage. It happened to me a few times, and up until now, I couldn't find a fix except either hard reset or reflash with the tweak in place.
It's odd though as regular mail shows up fine. Both sms and email are stored under the location dictated by PropertyPath and Attachment path under HKLM\System\Inbox\Settings. This may be the wrong thread if this is an issue with manila and internal storage, however, since my email works fine it may be a bug with this build of Manila HD Hybrid.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development