PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 10:15 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Leaked Sprint v2.0.1.4.1 Custom Rom w/uc Updated 1/23/09

Picture mail was still missing a couple HCR entries, it would compose but not send so it just sat there knawing away at the battery trying to send or something.... I'll include it as a .cab. I'm liking the new opera and the other related changes I made. I'll upload it and set a download link when I get back from the watering hole...

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
rstg_Diam_1.5

- Add tweak to fully exit Opera...done. thanx to calkulen and rileyd5.
- Update to Opera_v9.5_Build_15306...done.
- Fix Sprint Picture Mail....done.

Now who wants to test? Opera is good, Need picture mail tested...

Edit: not 100% on the pic mail...So if your not sure you want to flash w/out it working, don't just yet.

Report all your concerns, I have the morningto fix them, then it will be a week or so...
I'm in, flashed 1.4 at 4:30 today but what the heck!

I had no issues with after flashing 1.4. not sure why some of the wierd occurences pop up afterwards like treedog5 problem.
I think there should be a guide in general so people know how to flash correctly. not unlocking, flashing, etc. but how to flash after you flashed...if that make sense. Some people like me try to flash the original shipped rom first, then the radio of your choice, then custom rom which seems to eliminate alot of minor problems post flash. I did this before as well with my other ppc and all of the chefs there recommended this. Others just go custom to custom, which I used to do until recently when I started getting alot of problems. what are your thoughts on this rstoyguy? by the way, I have been flashing today from 1.3 straight to 1.4 and soon to 1.5. I figured this was safe since they are all based off the same rom version, sys, etc.
Will flash 1.5 and try to get to test the battery out and see how it performs after a couple recharges. the heat issues are usually associated with the original stock rom paired up with the original radio 1.00.00f. It did get much warmer on the back but that seems to have improved with the newer radios and roms.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:40 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I'm in, flashed 1.4 at 4:30 today but what the heck!

I had no issues with after flashing 1.4. not sure why some of the wierd occurences pop up afterwards like treedog5 problem.
I think there should be a guide in general so people know how to flash correctly. not unlocking, flashing, etc. but how to flash after you flashed...if that make sense. Some people like me try to flash the original shipped rom first, then the radio of your choice, then custom rom which seems to eliminate alot of minor problems post flash. I did this before as well with my other ppc and all of the chefs there recommended this. Others just go custom to custom, which I used to do until recently when I started getting alot of problems. what are your thoughts on this rstoyguy? by the way, I have been flashing today from 1.3 straight to 1.4 and soon to 1.5. I figured this was safe since they are all based off the same rom version, sys, etc.
Will flash 1.5 and try to get to test the battery out and see how it performs after a couple recharges. the heat issues are usually associated with the original stock rom paired up with the original radio 1.00.00f. It did get much warmer on the back but that seems to have improved with the newer radios and roms.
Flash a custom then the radio? The radio only has to be done once. I flash the released/leaked rom to get the radio (only a carrier release will have a radio), then flash whichever rom you want, the other rom to try, then flash back to mine. lol! I would think it would be more of a radio problem with the overheating, although the rom does control some aspects like how long the internet connection is etc... But even with my vogue, surf the internet for 1/2 an hour, and the thing got warm, never hot.

Anyways....Backtracked and within 15 minutes this link should be good.

rstg_Diam_1.5.1

- Fix Sprint Picture Mail....didn't make it either...cab included in \windows for now...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 01-23-2009 at 10:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

asapelectric is keeping up the good workasapelectric is keeping up the good work

Well this doesnt effect sMMs, does it? ( Sprint Picture mail ) They are two different apps, yeah?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Flash a custom then the radio? The radio only has to be done once. I flash the released/leaked rom to get the radio (only a carrier release will have a radio), then flash whichever rom you want, the other rom to try, then flash back to mine. lol! I would think it would be more of a radio problem with the overheating, although the rom does control some aspects like how long the internet connection is etc... But even with my vogue, surf the internet for 1/2 an hour, and the thing got warm, never hot.

Anyways....Backtracked and within 15 minutes this link should be good.

rstg_Diam_1.5.1

- Fix Sprint Picture Mail....didn't make it either...
thanks, I will give it a whirl. I think the value of flashing back to oem is only if you are flashing different custom roms like a 19972 to 21109 back to 20759, etc. I think that is when flashers run into small problems that dont go away unless you flash back to the orignal and work from a clean slate. But as long as you stay with the custom rom, it doesnt seem to matter. no doubt the radio is the main culprit for added heat. 1.11.00f and 1.04.05v seem to best in my testing. boy, that was a quick trip to the watering hole!!
Old 01-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

fatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good work

this looks nice ......
Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
thanks, I will give it a whirl. I think the value of flashing back to oem is only if you are flashing different custom roms like a 19972 to 21109 back to 20759, etc. I think that is when flashers run into small problems that dont go away unless you flash back to the orignal and work from a clean slate. But as long as you stay with the custom rom, it doesnt seem to matter. no doubt the radio is the main culprit for added heat. 1.11.00f and 1.04.05v seem to best in my testing. boy, that was a quick trip to the watering hole!!
The only value of flashing stock is to get a new radio or to get the default boot splash back, you can flash from any sys to any sys, it overwrites the same image. and now I'm off to the local watering hole...
Old 01-23-2009, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

treedog5 is becoming a great contributor

yeah i have only been flashing rstoy roms since his first release, so anytime i have an issue and he says he fixed it, its normally fixed. so i dont go through all those other steps
Old 01-24-2009, 12:02 AM
ill
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

ill is keeping up the good workill is keeping up the good work

everything seems to be working well. was testing out picture mail, but got a call and have been on the phone since.
only thing i've noticed so far.. when using phone keypad t9 getting gibberish as first word and first letter being deleted at times. which is caused by sprint rom from my understanding. i know some other roms have had same deal and some fixed this.
everything else seems to great. haven't tried out much yet though.
keep it up. thanks
Old 01-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Retired Staff

awesome.

forgot to ask this. do you or anyone else know a way to get outlook mail to get "reply" instead of "reply all" when responding to emails? just curious if this is doable because I know the stock rom came this way but other custom roms have fixed this. thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development