View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 10:40 PM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Leaked Sprint v2.0.1.4.1 Custom Rom w/uc Updated 1/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I'm in, flashed 1.4 at 4:30 today but what the heck!

I had no issues with after flashing 1.4. not sure why some of the wierd occurences pop up afterwards like treedog5 problem.
I think there should be a guide in general so people know how to flash correctly. not unlocking, flashing, etc. but how to flash after you flashed...if that make sense. Some people like me try to flash the original shipped rom first, then the radio of your choice, then custom rom which seems to eliminate alot of minor problems post flash. I did this before as well with my other ppc and all of the chefs there recommended this. Others just go custom to custom, which I used to do until recently when I started getting alot of problems. what are your thoughts on this rstoyguy? by the way, I have been flashing today from 1.3 straight to 1.4 and soon to 1.5. I figured this was safe since they are all based off the same rom version, sys, etc.
Will flash 1.5 and try to get to test the battery out and see how it performs after a couple recharges. the heat issues are usually associated with the original stock rom paired up with the original radio 1.00.00f. It did get much warmer on the back but that seems to have improved with the newer radios and roms.
Flash a custom then the radio? The radio only has to be done once. I flash the released/leaked rom to get the radio (only a carrier release will have a radio), then flash whichever rom you want, the other rom to try, then flash back to mine. lol! I would think it would be more of a radio problem with the overheating, although the rom does control some aspects like how long the internet connection is etc... But even with my vogue, surf the internet for 1/2 an hour, and the thing got warm, never hot.

Anyways....Backtracked and within 15 minutes this link should be good.

rstg_Diam_1.5.1

- Add tweak to fully exit Opera...done. thanx to calkulen and rileyd5.
- Update to Opera_v9.5_Build_15306...done.
- Fix Sprint Picture Mail....didn't make it either...cab included in \windows for now...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 01-23-2009 at 10:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.