PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Saturn2888 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: .RSTG Custom Sprint Rom - TF3D Tweaked & Loaded - v3.7.05 + Kitchen 5/14/09

And the thing when you're on the home screen, it used to have a "Phone" in the bottom right, but here it's the fuzzberry. I don't even use that. Anyway to have "Phone" show up again?

Rileyd5, I just noticed that message was for me. Thanks, I'm reading it now.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

[quote=rileyd5;941782]Hey, are you referring to the keyboard installed on this rom(size of the keys on the screen) or the size of the text you are viewing.[quote]
It's just the size of the keys. They were bigger I thought before this. Any chance you have pictures of what you mean? I wanna do this but am kinda confused. I don't remember where the task manager is anymore either.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey, are you referring to the keyboard installed on this rom(size of the keys on the screen) or the size of the text you are viewing.
It's just the size of the keys. They were bigger I thought before this. Any chance you have pictures of what you mean? I wanna do this but am kinda confused. I don't remember where the task manager is anymore either.

Last edited by Saturn2888; 06-01-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn2888 View Post
And the thing when you're on the home screen, it used to have a "Phone" in the bottom right, but here it's the fuzzberry. I don't even use that. Anyway to have "Phone" show up again?

Rileyd5, I just noticed that message was for me. Thanks, I'm reading it now.
Regarding the assignment of the soft keys to the bottom of the home screen, go to Diamond Tweak which is cooked into this rom. It should be in the one of the folders in the Programs menu. in Diamond tweak, if you go down the page there is a way to change the soft keys, left and right one. once you change them soft reset, and you are all set.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

[quote=Saturn2888;947266][quote=rileyd5;941782]Hey, are you referring to the keyboard installed on this rom(size of the keys on the screen) or the size of the text you are viewing.
Quote:
I don't have a picture but I know exactly what you mean. The original keyboard had larger keys. Not sure why they changed this but the cab I provided will give you the original keyboard back. The task manager is in one of the folders in RSTG rom. I am not on it right now but it should be in there. Just close the sipgt process and install the keyboard to device memory. it will ask you to restart. then you will have the original keyboard. then like I mentioned you can change the language to english, it works great

Edit: Actually the fdc taskmanager may not be on this rom. You can just install it. On the first page, there is a picture of the folders in RSTG rom. check in the folders (Utilities or Accessories), to find Diamond Tweak. Here is the cab for the task manager.
Attached Files
File Type: cab FdcSoft TaskMgr wm2005_3.1.cab (226.1 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Riley; 06-01-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

FdcSoft TaskMgr doesn't work? It installed but I can't find out how to run it.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:46 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
FdcSoft TaskMgr doesn't work? It installed but I can't find out how to run it.
here are a couple screenshots of fdcsoft task manager. After installing it should set up a folder named system in your programs. Fdc1 shows you the main page, highlighted is the process you need to close. Fdc2 is self explanatory, just select close and hit ok. good luck.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a great ppc screenshot app, try shake and save. very cool!! RSTG, this is right up your alley Here is the thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60255
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fdc1.jpg (18.0 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg fdc2.jpg (15.9 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks FINALLY got the keyboard fixed. I had to access the task manager program from "Program Files"

Last edited by Saturn2888; 06-02-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Thanks FINALLY got the keyboard fixed. I had to access the program from "Program Files"
Awesome man! Glad to hear.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh, and why -- sorry for all of this. (I'm running the newest 3.07 ROM) Why is the volume really soft now? I went through 4 Diamonds this week and came to the conclusion that the 2.07 ROM had something in it that made my ringers unreasonably loud, just like I wanted them. Now they're soft, and I can barely hear them, speaker phone too actually. Suggestions? Comments?

Last thing, OldPhone2, that ringer doesn't show up in the list of ringers, but it's in there bc I can select it as a text message sound for some reason.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development