PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

rockyproc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.34 Updated 3/15/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
A decompiled OEM taken from the SYS directory is missing the initflashfile.txt (moves files around so windows can find them) and the option.xml file (so the kitchen can see them.). So without some modification/reconstruction, it isn't easy.
Thanks,
I asked earlier in your custom VGA OEM thread for the telenav 5.1.16, would that work for me? By the way, while you have read it many times before, your roms are the best around. Although curiosity has gotten me to try the others, it never takes long for me to come back. Thanks for all your work.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:44 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.34 Updated 3/15/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyproc View Post
Thanks,
I asked earlier in your custom VGA OEM thread for the telenav 5.1.16, would that work for me? By the way, while you have read it many times before, your roms are the best around. Although curiosity has gotten me to try the others, it never takes long for me to come back. Thanks for all your work.
I saw that and apologize for not answering. But jobs can be demanding. I work 11 hour days six days a week, and my day off I relax or I'm on some ppc crusade/mission. I try to answer questions/problems about rom the directly, head on and to the point. Development questions I answer when I can.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

rockyproc is a n00b

Quote:
I saw that and apologize for not answering. But jobs can be demanding. I work 11 hour days six days a week, and my day off I relax or I'm on some ppc crusade/mission. I try to answer questions/problems about rom the directly, head on and to the point. Development questions I answer when I can.
Certainly no appologies need here. For the past few months I've been reading on this forum I've noticed all the time and effort you've put into not only creating your roms but also helping people with them and many other things around here. Everybody needs and is entitled to some R&R, especially those that work the hardest! Anyway, thanks again for all the work.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:34 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hi Don and fellow rstoyguy bros/sisters,

Not sure if you noticed this yet in the Software forum, but this is pretty cool. Especially if you want something like sprint tv with some added features as well. It's relative new and will probably get much better. Check it out:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61293

I should also mention it works well with the tcpmp player cooked into this rom. If you change channels though. You should exit out of tcpmp completely first (File>exit).
I'll play with it today and see what I can find out. It may be something that can be added via UC. I found like a western channel, and the home shopping channel in german, probably not worth the 2 megs of memory it would eat up on my device....
Old 03-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
I'll play with it today and see what I can find out. It may be something that can be added via UC. I found like a western channel, and the home shopping channel in german, probably not worth the 2 megs of memory it would eat up on my device....
true on the space, plus it needs refined. alot of the channels still get mms errors even though I select it within tcpmp. Its probably worth keeping an eye on this project to see how it goes.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:01 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
true on the space, plus it needs refined. alot of the channels still get mms errors even though I select it within tcpmp. Its probably worth keeping an eye on this project to see how it goes.
Here is an oem if you want to play with it alittle more...

OEM_WebTV_Setup_0301
Old 03-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Just got new diamond today and installed this rom and not can't get a data connection, each time it tries to connect it won't, talked to sprint tech support and they are unable to get it working either, anyone have any ideas
Old 03-17-2009, 04:36 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
Just got new diamond today and installed this rom and not can't get a data connection, each time it tries to connect it won't, talked to sprint tech support and they are unable to get it working either, anyone have any ideas
Install the .cab located in \windows\OMC_PROD_SDK_HTC_SPRINT_v0.9.917.cab

Then run StartMenu-Settings-System-Update Profile.

That .cab isn't installed, and they probably had you do that. That will update your vision profile so you can use data. Let us know how it goes!
Old 03-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

That did it, Thanks, I spent an hour on the phone with sprint tech support!!!

now, is there a way to turn tuchflow off? I know how everyone likes it, but coming from a touch I had a nice today iphone look alike that I am so use to after a year of using, I'd like to put that back
Old 03-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

opps, figured it out, been too long !!!! just went into the today settings...

now to have fun with this thing, heard it's a pretty good phone and it's what the insurance replaced my touch with, pretty good, $50 for new phone, not refurbished

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development