PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mario23 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.34 Updated 3/15/09

Rstoyguy...

Thanks very much for this rom. Its running great for me...no problems at all.
Is there a donation link?

I had one quick question you might be able to help with.
Previously, I would use VJBrisk to assign the calendar link on the home page to open Touch calendar instead of default. This meant obviously, replacing the calendar.exe file in the windows directory. With this rom, that file is protected as a system file. Is there a way I can make this type of change?

Thanks again for all of your hard work...
Old 03-17-2009, 05:11 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.34 Updated 3/15/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
That did it, Thanks, I spent an hour on the phone with sprint tech support!!!

now, is there a way to turn tuchflow off? I know how everyone likes it, but coming from a touch I had a nice today iphone look alike that I am so use to after a year of using, I'd like to put that back
Sprint tech support is ok, as long as you tell them what to do... And that does not apply to all techs... Especially not fellow-ppcgeek-sprint-techs... But they are limited in what they can do. They usually don't edit the registry, and assumed you had stock and that was installed...

Quote:
opps, figured it out, been too long !!!! just went into the today settings...

now to have fun with this thing, heard it's a pretty good phone and it's what the insurance replaced my touch with, pretty good, $50 for new phone, not refurbished
I think that's my next project as time permits, a Manila free loaded & clean rom. It is a very nice phone, I just want my micro-sd slot back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario23 View Post
Rstoyguy...

Thanks very much for this rom. Its running great for me...no problems at all.
Is there a donation link?

I had one quick question you might be able to help with.
Previously, I would use VJBrisk to assign the calendar link on the home page to open Touch calendar instead of default. This meant obviously, replacing the calendar.exe file in the windows directory. With this rom, that file is protected as a system file. Is there a way I can make this type of change?

Thanks again for all of your hard work...
Thanks. You can use total commander in the rom to overwrite files in windows. Just copy the file to your phone in say the \My Documents directory, then in total commander highlight it. Then press and hold with your stylus, select the copy command and send it into \windows. There is a donation link, click on the My Rom Building Tutorials in my signature, and at the bottom of that post there is a text donation link. Accepted, but not required of course.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Donated...thanks.
I'll try total commander again. It didn't seem to overwrite it previously but maybe I did cut and pasted it wrong.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

well, the iphone app I like doesn't work on vga, so now I gotta find one I like that is similar.. and I don't like the manila and don't like the plain one... I'm such a pain to make happy!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I got it to work...no idea what I did before but Touch Calender is now linked on my home page.
Thanks...
Old 03-17-2009, 06:08 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
well, the iphone app I like doesn't work on vga, so now I gotta find one I like that is similar.. and I don't like the manila and don't like the plain one... I'm such a pain to make happy!!!!
My next manila free loaded rom will make you happy... And I'm the S.S.O.B. here, I'm the only one allowed to complain! I am just the Boss at work, well spelled backwards, I'm a s.s.o.b. anyways as my help would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario23 View Post
I got it to work...no idea what I did before but Touch Calender is now linked on my home page.
Thanks...
Thanks for the coffee and I'm glad you got it working!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

did notice something, and have looked many of the 100+ pages of messages on here, but when you go into the email and select to mark all as read, it goes into an options screen
Old 03-17-2009, 07:04 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
did notice something, and have looked many of the 100+ pages of messages on here, but when you go into the email and select to mark all as read, it goes into an options screen
Yes, mentioned in post #981. It's a case of arcsoft overwriting the inboxmenuext extensions. When I get time I'll test that theory and fix it. It didn't do it with a previous version of arcsoft, but it locked up more than I liked. This is the one out of calcu's kitchen...and thanks for reporting!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

anyone report that sms txt messages don't reset to 0 if you don't actually select each message or go into it each time, sometimes I go back and forth with messages and then exit out of it, and it's showing that there are still unread txt messages...

I'm gonna be your biggest pain I bet lol
Old 03-17-2009, 07:30 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

This is what ran riley off lol... It's a stock rom thing, if you find the fix, I'll do it. But now I gotta run home and change, on a whim I decided to paint the back room floor in my store. The economy ain't gonna fix itself ya know...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development