PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 3 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.0 Preview ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
To start, the problem is not the kitchen, its whatever OEM you are inserting into the kitchen or you are just selecting 2 of the same. Second, any kitchen that uses BuildOS will give that error, so don't come saying my kitchen has annoying problem, when the problem is the user, not the kitchen. Third, either delete the duplicate file from your OEM or use BuildOS+packaging tools as that will ignore the 2nd duplicate when building the ROM if the problem is a inserted OEM or only select 1 of each when told to do so
dont trash talk me man, not when i was clear that i wasnt trying to offend you. i know how to use a kitchen. you could have stuck with "part three" of your answer and held your other comments to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossman View Post
I can second this... I've probably built 100 or more ROMs on this platform, and the only time I've ever seen that message is when I've butchered an OEM or I've double-installed something.

The key is to take your time and make incremental changes from build to build, which makes troubleshooting a lot easier.
thanks, and thats good advice for when people run into problems with kitchens, regedits, UC, etc
Old 01-06-2009, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
dont trash talk me man, not when i was clear that i wasnt trying to offend you. i know how to use a kitchen. you could have stuck with "part three" of your answer and held your other comments to yourself.
Actually, his comments sounded like the perfect response to your original post.

I mean, go post some crap like that over in Tobey Chris' thread and see what kind of response you get. lol.

Last edited by Drybonz; 01-06-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

I wasn't trash talking or trying to offend you but when someone starts a sentence with "im sorry calc, no offense to you but your kitchen has got to be the most annoying thing i have ever used regarding my phone" what do you expect? Especially considering the problem is not the kitchen but the user

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:51 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
im sorry calc, no offense to you but your kitchen has got to be the most annoying thing i have ever used regarding my phone. i have seriously tried building at least 20 roms, and every single time i get an 'already exists' error.

yes, i have searched and deleted the file from the oem folder i was trying to use. yes, i have looked through this thread. i found one post you made about a month and a half ago that said delete such and such file and it will fix it, but it didnt for me. sometimes i even get the already exist error and when i search my comp for the file it says already exists, my comp doesnt even find the file- not even one file, let alone 2.

i have absolutely no idea why the kitchen just cant build the rom!
It's not the kitchen, it's you. You obviously have no idea how to search properly, or don't have the options set on your computer to "view hidden files" (hint). Don't be a jerk, Calcu's kitchen rocks your asses off.

If you don't like this kitchen, try PPCKitchen, it will overwrite file doubles for sloppy cooks.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

mr.jcarter is becoming a great contributor
Angry Re: [ Jan 6 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.0 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSZESZE View Post
Im doubting its the rom as it has been hit or miss with me on various roms.....i think its just the messaging app not being ready by the time you start your message....i have my mail setup to where i actually have to click on the keyboard for it to pop up just so i dont have the problem of the first letter not getting through....if you just give it a sec to initiate everything is fine....i had this problem on my mogul no matter what rom i had i was typing way faster than the phone could react....try and disable the keyboard automatically popping up.....it might sound like an inconvienence but its not much

jjjjj
Ok, after a couple of hours, I've determined that the above does NOT solve my issue.

I've now tried different ROMs, different versions of EZInput keyboards, using SIPChange, and disabling autopopup of the SIP all to no avail. I'd rather not go back to the stock Sprint ROM, but this little bug is really annoying me. Does anybody have any other ideas?
Old 01-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Re: [ Jan 6 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.0 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I mean, go post some crap like that over in Tobey Chris' thread and see what kind of response you get. lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
I wasn't trash talking or trying to offend you but when someone starts a sentence with "im sorry calc, no offense to you but your kitchen has got to be the most annoying thing i have ever used regarding my phone" what do you expect? Especially considering the problem is not the kitchen but the user
Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
It's not the kitchen, it's you. You obviously have no idea how to search properly, or don't have the options set on your computer to "view hidden files" (hint). Don't be a jerk, Calcu's kitchen rocks your asses off.

If you don't like this kitchen, try PPCKitchen, it will overwrite file doubles for sloppy cooks.
-i figured out what my problem was.

-drybonz- im not sure what tobey chris' thread has to do with anything...basically irrelevant. and chill out. what was the point of your post again?

-groove- im guessing youre just taking a shot in the dark by saying i dont know how to search, or view hidden files. you should have read what i wrote before you said that. and i was clear that i wasnt trying to be a "jerk," right off the bat. again, try and read first. oh, and just for your future reference- so you dont give out wrong information- it wasnt a problem with hidden files.

anyways, since i figured out why i couldnt get a good build, im happy. sorry about the fuss
Old 01-06-2009, 05:32 PM
AWOL

Quote:

-groove- im guessing youre just taking a shot in the dark by saying i dont know how to search, or view hidden files. you should have read what i wrote before you said that. and i was clear that i wasnt trying to be a "jerk," right off the bat. again, try and read first. oh, and just for your future reference- so you dont give out wrong information- it wasnt a problem with hidden files.

anyways, since i figured out why i couldnt get a good build, im happy. sorry about the fuss
No, I wasn't taking any shots in the dark. You said:

Quote:
sometimes i even get the already exist error and when i search my comp for the file it says already exists, my comp doesnt even find the file- not even one file, let alone 2.
If you're getting that error, you have file redundancy issues. If you can't find them, like I said, either you don't know how to search OR you don't have the view hidden file option enabled on your computer. This is not misinformation, it is fact.

Maybe you wern't "trying to be a jerk" but you were one anyway -- don't worry, it happens to me all the time..
Old 01-06-2009, 05:32 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
-drybonz- im not sure what tobey chris' thread has to do with anything...basically irrelevant. and chill out. what was the point of your post again?
Basically means that Calc's response was relatively mild, and kind of an indirect compliment to to Tobey Chris for basically telling people what he thinks most of the time.

Anyway, if you are just looking to get the last word in... have no fear, I'm done with it.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ilestdevil is a n00b

i tried to flash room but i get error msg when i try to open the custom rom
Old 01-06-2009, 05:36 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilestdevil View Post
i tried to flash room but i get error msg when i try to open the custom rom
You're prolly not unlocked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom