PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 11:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint htc Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

DoctorM is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-3 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
Thank you very much for the info. So if I download I should be ok (WM ROM 6.5.1). Is this correct?
Hi mates,

I flashed this ROM (23420) and it is not stable at all, especially when writing emails (multiple self restart), changing to new titanium theme will show up half with the theme and the bottom half in plain white color.

Forwarding a message will self restart the device and many applications with the menu at the bottom will not work, like pocket RAR. Any ideas to fix those for now. Thanks.

Dr. Mike
Old 10-03-2009, 11:53 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

DoctorM: Maybe give it a hard reset.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:16 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

maybe flash stock
Old 10-04-2009, 12:27 AM
N00b

DoctorM is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
DoctorM: Maybe give it a hard reset.
I did it 7 times. Also, I downloaded the file again, unzipped it, hard rest, flashed Sprint Shipped ROM, hardreset, flashed the ROM, hardrest. Still the same problems. Also, many applications are cut and I can not see some information because the menu is in the bottom covering some information, like Cash Organizer app. I did not have those problems with MightyROM 6. I think it is because this ROM is 6.5.1. I hope there is a solution. Thanks.

Dr. Mike
Old 10-04-2009, 12:29 AM
N00b

DoctorM is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcook View Post
maybe flash stock
I did, Sir. Still the same problem. See my post above. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
I did it 7 times. Also, I downloaded the file again, unzipped it, hard rest, flashed Sprint Shipped ROM, hardreset, flashed the ROM, hardrest. Still the same problems. Also, many applications are cut and I can not see some information because the menu is in the bottom covering some information, like Cash Organizer app. I did not have those problems with MightyROM 6. I think it is because this ROM is 6.5.1. I hope there is a solution. Thanks.

Dr. Mike

couple things. the screen being cut off is not uncommon. it's often because the sip is stuck on the screen but you can't see it. Open file explorer and when the little keyboard icon appears, tap it. the keyboard will open then tap again to minimize. the half screen will dissappear Also check out this post since you have flashed shipped before flashing this rom. You may want to look into the internal storage and what files are on there that should be removed. here's the thread, question 2: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=4
good luck.

edit: the cutoff you are probably referring to I have noticed as well using jbed. it happens occassionally for me as well. I don't have any idea how to fix this.

Last edited by Riley; 10-04-2009 at 12:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

mucky is becoming a great contributor

I noticed in the last two builds, the X button doesn't close programs. On the builds before 9-28, the X button worked to close programs. can this be fixed or cooked back in the next release?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 10-04-2009, 02:40 AM
N00b

DoctorM is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
couple things. the screen being cut off is not uncommon. it's often because the sip is stuck on the screen but you can't see it. Open file explorer and when the little keyboard icon appears, tap it. the keyboard will open then tap again to minimize. the half screen will dissappear Also check out this post since you have flashed shipped before flashing this rom. You may want to look into the internal storage and what files are on there that should be removed. here's the thread, question 2: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=4
good luck.

edit: the cutoff you are probably referring to I have noticed as well using jbed. it happens occassionally for me as well. I don't have any idea how to fix this.
Thank you for all your help. After all tries, none worked. I think it has to do with the 6.5.1 version. Almost all my programs do not work properly because of the lower menu. Example, Sling media Player, all the menus are covered and I can not get any to show up to select landscape or the remote control. So, I am going to flash a ROM with 6.5 version. Could you tell me which one I should flash? The first page has 4 roms so I need the 6.5. Could you please direct me to the correct version. Thanks again.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic

Quote:
Thank you for all your help. After all tries, none worked. I think it has to do with the 6.5.1 version. Almost all my programs do not work properly because of the lower menu. Example, Sling media Player, all the menus are covered and I can not get any to show up to select landscape or the remote control. So, I am going to flash a ROM with 6.5 version. Could you tell me which one I should flash? The first page has 4 roms so I need the 6.5. Could you please direct me to the correct version. Thanks again.

21864 will work for you.

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!
Old 10-04-2009, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I'm a Sling user too and had to give up on the 6.5.1 builds for the same reason you mentioned. I used the kitchen, snagged the appropriate SYS from Calk's downloads and built a rom with 23017--Sling is OK there. [Someone earlier posted that all 23* builds after 23017 are 6.5.1 with the new user interface] If you wanted to download the kitchen and the SYS to build one, I'd be happy to answer questions/help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom