PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 04:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

chad.wray is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-28 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Hi,
I have made a rom using your last kitchen (before the latest 9-2 and the 9-28 one.
Both of them I can get the google maps and other programs to see the GPS, but the weather app in the manila still is not picking up my location.
Any one have any ideas how to fix this?
Other than that Awesome kitchen, looking forward to the next release.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

151jcolon is keeping up the good work151jcolon is keeping up the good work151jcolon is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.wray View Post
Hi,
I have made a rom using your last kitchen (before the latest 9-2 and the 9-28 one.
Both of them I can get the google maps and other programs to see the GPS, but the weather app in the manila still is not picking up my location.
Any one have any ideas how to fix this?
Other than that Awesome kitchen, looking forward to the next release.
yeap, same here, everything is perfect but weather location is the only issue.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond on Metrocs
Carrier: Metropcs

linkinx64 is a n00b

I have a little problem with my phone...today it would not send sms..so i soft reset it... using ShuTxp and when it did....it did the customizations all over again...my contacts were there...but everything else was reseted... any ideas why?

Thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 07:33 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout7 View Post
This is from the TP thread, the same stuff is going on over there.
I was working along these lines but could not get it to work. This will help, sub Diamond where he says TP.

Didnt work for me. Couldnt get it to boot. Thanks for the info though.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:06 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinx64 View Post
I have a little problem with my phone...today it would not send sms..so i soft reset it... using ShuTxp and when it did....it did the customizations all over again...my contacts were there...but everything else was reseted... any ideas why?

Thanks
Flash back to shipped because you are not doing that and it's making the well known issue if you don't do shipped. After you flash you may reflash your custom ROM.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond on Metrocs
Carrier: Metropcs

linkinx64 is a n00b

But i did flash to shipped using this one...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FZ7MQC1L

and looks likethat did not do it... also should i flash to shipped....change the radio and then flash my custom?

because the radio won't stay there... it says it is flashed but when u restart the phone it has the old one

DO i need to let customizations run for the shipped rom?

Last edited by linkinx64; 10-01-2009 at 09:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinx64 View Post
But i did flash to shipped using this one...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FZ7MQC1L

and looks likethat did not do it... also should i flash to shipped....change the radio and then flash my custom?

because the radio won't stay there... it says it is flashed but when u restart the phone it has the old one

DO i need to let customizations run for the shipped rom?
I'm not familiar with Metro, however you should use the "shipped" rom that includes the radio, etc. As far as customizations running, there has been a debate about that. Some say, it's ok to flash at the alignment screen ... others let them run completely. I'm in the camp of the latter. Only takes a couple of extra minutes, and I think it's worth it. I also do one additional "clear storage", after flashing the custom rom of choice.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:40 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I just flash shipped then the new custom ROM. But if you are changing say something minor in the Kitchen (like you forgot to cook something in) since it is the same SYS it seems to be fine. Or if you go from an older SYS to a newer it seems to be fine too.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

I spy an update! Was just about to download it to build a new rom...

Old 10-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by costak View Post
Hey guys,

how do I remove the soft send/disconnect buttons? I dont see the need for them when I have the hard buttons that do the same job on the phone already
I didnt see if you got your answer or not, I had the same problem. I kept skipping over it in the VK.

Anyways, make SendEnd Soft Keys False

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom