PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Lurker

rennat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Mar 10 \ OS 5.2.21028 v4.5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.5, ROMs & Cabs

I've flashed Calkulin's Diamond 21028 Kitchen ROM (v4.5) and it flash ok. Now I can't connect to active sync, the ROM is soooo slow, and I can't flash back! I really need help like right now! PLEASE HELP ME! I need to know how to fix this very fast. I've hard reset, soft reset, and tried several other things. Disc Drive mode work perfect but I can't flash it that way.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

syearout is just getting started

Just Flashed 4.5 rom to my diamond. Now it won't even load up anything. It boots, and then comes up to the srceen that would load tf3d, and just sits there. I'm gonna try reflashing but any ideas would be helpful.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennat View Post
I've flashed Calkulin's Diamond 21028 Kitchen ROM (v4.5) and it flash ok. Now I can't connect to active sync, the ROM is soooo slow, and I can't flash back! I really need help like right now! PLEASE HELP ME! I need to know how to fix this very fast. I've hard reset, soft reset, and tried several other things. Disc Drive mode work perfect but I can't flash it that way.
Hold volume down, then also hold power... then it will soft reset and enter boot loader mode. Then you will be able to flash back to stock, or another rom, or whatever.

*edit* Also see this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61899

Last edited by Drybonz; 03-22-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:33 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by syearout View Post
Just Flashed 4.5 rom to my diamond. Now it won't even load up anything. It boots, and then comes up to the srceen that would load tf3d, and just sits there. I'm gonna try reflashing but any ideas would be helpful.
Did you hard reset yet? That would be the first thing to try.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:36 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Did you hard reset yet? That would be the first thing to try.
Yea, I tried that first. It ran ok for about five, maybe ten minutes. Then froze up, then started doing what I described.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:39 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Yea, I tried that first. It ran ok for about five, maybe ten minutes. Then froze up, then started doing what I described.
Hard reset again.

Did you flash from another rom with a different sys? You may need to flash back to stock, then back to the custom rom you want to clear that up, if multiple hard resets are not doing it for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:47 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Hard reset again.

Did you flash from another rom with a different sys? You may need to flash back to stock, then back to the custom rom you want to clear that up, if multiple hard resets are not doing it for you.
I flashed from conflipper's rom. I guess I don't understand the sys. So I need to flash to stock, then to this rom?
Old 03-22-2009, 10:52 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I flashed from conflipper's rom. I guess I don't understand the sys. So I need to flash to stock, then to this rom?
Maybe. Follow my instructions above. Hard reset again... if multiple hard resets don't work, I would recommend flashing back to stock. Conflipper's is a 21018 sys. Calc's 4.5 is a 21028 sys. Sometimes going from sys to sys can cause some weirdness that is usually fixed by flashing back to stock in between.

Good luck with that. I'm out for the night.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Flashing back to the stock (shipped rom) seems to clear the deck after flashing from different roms. Once you take care of that, then you can reflash back to this rom. If you have changed radios, then you will need to reflash that as well. As Drybonz has said, there is nothing wrong with Calcu's kitchen or roms, so it's most likely just a symptom of your phone, which this should solve. Good luck man!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Sorry I didn't notice that earlier.

edit ... just noticed you did mention Diamond in an earlier post.

Last edited by wmdunn; 03-22-2009 at 11:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom