PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 12:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Mar 10 \ OS 5.2.21028 v4.5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.5, ROMs & Cabs

Looks nice drybonez! How's the 1d rhodium working? I haven't tried it since the first release, pre-any patches. I like the HD manila with panorama backgrounds too much right now to mess with rhodium lately. I'm sure that'll change once the shipped topaz port is released.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Looks nice drybonez! How's the 1d rhodium working? I haven't tried it since the first release, pre-any patches. I like the HD manila with panorama backgrounds too much right now to mess with rhodium lately. I'm sure that'll change once the shipped topaz port is released.
D*MN! That's a classy looking setup!
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Old 04-11-2009, 02:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Yeah... The HD is still the best, IMO, but the rhodium is coming along really nicely.

Love that slider you are using.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

gamer007 is keeping up the good workgamer007 is keeping up the good workgamer007 is keeping up the good work

Is there a T9 (or that smart dictionary thing) in the Finger Keyboard? I can't seem to find an option to turn it on (if there is one).
Old 04-11-2009, 03:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Success! I'm learning some new tricks. I was able to edit the Misfortune battery dll.

Only use this to replace your Misfortune battery in the kitchen if you are not going to use the rest of the Misfortune icons. Otherwise you will end up with the whole Misfortune icon set except your speaker icon will be the normal white one and it will look stupid.

See the screenshot for the intended effect.

*edit* Also... thanks to Misfortune for the cool icons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (9.9 KB, 74 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip phcanOverbmp.zip (129.2 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-11-2009, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

effudee is just getting started

Quote:
Wow, I didn't even know you could do this. Haven't really been following new developments. Thanks for showing me this was possible, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer007 View Post
Is there a T9 (or that smart dictionary thing) in the Finger Keyboard? I can't seem to find an option to turn it on (if there is one).
I was wondering the same thing and hopped over to XDA to find this:

XT9 & TEXT SUGGESTION:

This keyboard does not support T9. However, there is an option to enable standard Windows Mobile word suggestion, as well as SMS contact name suggestion. There are two ways to do this.

First way is to use the FingerKeyboard Config tool and select what you want to use (Word / SMS suggestion, or both). SMS suggestions will work normally, but for WinMo word suggestion to function, you will need to switch to HTC default keyboard and manually turn on XT9 on the little T9 switch. After that, you can reload FingerKeyboard and everything will work normally. This can be a good way for people who like to use T9 on other keyboards, but also want to use FingerKeyboard without T9. This approach also makes it possible to use new HTC style suggestion windows (the ones with small arrows on each side, where you can flip between names / words).

To avoid messing around with XT9 switch on HTC keyboard you can simply globally disable XT9 across the whole system. That means that T9 will not work even on system keyboards that have T9 support, but SMS / Word suggestions will both work. This will disable the HTC style suggestion windows, and use the default WinMo style (opens a simple white window with list of suggested words or names). The patch file which disables XT9 globally is attached in this post. This patch can be uninstalled. If you already have it installed, you do not have to remove it or reinstall it. Also, please note that when you install this patch, you will not be able to select SMS /Word options in FingerKeyb config tool - they will always be grayed out.

It might be best to install the FingerKeyb cab and test it first. You can always globally disable XT9 later on if you decide so.

There is a known bug with Word suggestion, that has been almost fully fixed in this version of FingerKeyboard. The bug manifests itself like this:
- if you have "Text word suggestion" turned on, and you type an SMS message, the "home" and "end" buttons will not work while the word suggestion window is open on the screen. If you select a word, those keys will work normally. Unfortunately, this isn't our fault - it's actually a bug in Word suggestion app.

Last edited by effudee; 04-11-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:28 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: [ Apr 11 \ OS 5.2.21042 v4.6 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6, ROMs & Cabs

Drybonz, what else did you do to get the 28 SYS to work with the new 4.6 kitchen?

I added the 38 SYS and ROM folder to the kitchen, then took out the windowsLive folders out the the SYS ... still, BuildOS won't run.

All runs well with the 42 SYS, so it isn't the OEMs I added.

I want the 38 SYS because 42 drops my BT pairing in my car every time I turn the engine off ... 38 doesn't.

What am I missing?

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 04-11-2009, 11:24 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
Drybonz, what else did you do to get the 28 SYS to work with the new 4.6 kitchen?

I added the 38 SYS and ROM folder to the kitchen, then took out the windowsLive folders out the the SYS ... still, BuildOS won't run.

I want the 38 SYS because 42 drops my BT pairing in my car every time I turn the engine off ... 38 doesn't.

What am I missing?
Dont forget to take out voice command from the SYS folder as well. And did you delete those from the option.xml file in the SYS folder too?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:43 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Dont forget to take out voice command from the SYS folder as well. And did you delete those from the option.xml file in the SYS folder too?
I didn't see voice command ... I'll look again.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post

What am I missing?

Did you try the 21042 in the final & RC5 kitchens? As that one is different than previous kitchens. If you want to use another SYS, delete the voice command & windows live folders and edit the options.xml accordingly

PS I also have another version of 21042 if you want to try that one

This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom