PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 11 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.1 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I had some really weird issues this morning also. It seems like my customizations did not complete, for some reason, and caused all kinds of weirdness. I decided to give it one more hard reset (had already done 2 prior) and now it seems like I'm back on track. Go figure.
k i'll try again...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-19-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv
Some weirdness in 4.1 and 4.2 for me...

Some weirdness that I've seen in 4.1 and 4.2 recently for me... but I havn't seen anyone else with these problems, so maybe it's just something of a fluke on my phone.

4.1 and 4.2 - UC Autorun won't recognize my SDConfig.txt file on Internal Storage. If I replace the AutoRun in the 4.1/4.2 kitchen with the one from the 4.0 kitchen I have no problems. I've looked and there isn't any difference between them except the removed option.xml.

4.2 - If I install G-Alarm 1.4 instead of the included G-Alarm, my phone "Rings" while running the Customizations. It continually "Ring... Ring... Rings..." until customization is complete.

4.2 - My battery was showing battery levels in 10% increments. I usually use the Battery - OEM package and then overwrite some of the files in a customization CAB. I selected FInix 1% and this solved the problem, but now my battery goes from 100% to 93% right off the charger and continues dropping like a rock until around the 67% level. From there it looks like it's discharging okay. Did something in the battery profile change?

4.1 and 4.2 - Once in awhile after a flash I get "No Service". Even after doing a hard reset to try to fix it I still will have "No Service". Flashing any Custom ROM doesn't help either (even one that I previously was running). This will continue until I re-flash the Stock Rom and then I can re-flash the same exact Custom ROM and things work again.

Because of the weirdness I've been seeing lately (my phone Hard Reset on me voluntarily Saturday Jan 10th and corrupted my Internal Storage) I'm thinking of asking for a replacement. Any thoughts?
Old 01-19-2009, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Some weirdness in 4.1 and 4.2 for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
Because of the weirdness I've been seeing lately (my phone Hard Reset on me voluntarily Saturday Jan 10th and corrupted my Internal Storage) I'm thinking of asking for a replacement. Any thoughts?
A phone replacement? Probably not your best next step. I would recommend doing the same thing I am doing, which is going thru all your mods and customizations, etc and find stuff that might be causing trouble.

There have been a lot of changes in the last 2 kitchens and there is bound to be some weirdness to sort out. But that is just life on the bleeding edge I guess.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ok just hard reset to try to fix email and text issues... no dice!

when i go to the text tab in TF3D and press the new message button, it opens the account picker screen. from there when i press the text messages button, it takes me to text messages inbox. when i press menu, new.... nothing happens....
Old 01-19-2009, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
ok just hard reset to try to fix email and text issues... no dice!

when i go to the text tab in TF3D and press the new message button, it opens the account picker screen. from there when i press the text messages button, it takes me to text messages inbox. when i press menu, new.... nothing happens....
You are using the Juggalo manila, right? My next suggestion would be try going back to Telus, or whatever manila you had success with before. Can't promise anything, but that would be my next stab at it.

I am in the process of going back to 4.1 final with a few OEMs from 4.2 preview. Only thing I wanted to port over that I couldn't so far was the new YouTube. Waiting for battery to charge then I will flash and report back with results.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Some weirdness that I've seen in 4.1 and 4.2 recently for me... but I havn't seen anyone else with these problems, so maybe it's just something of a fluke on my phone.

4.1 and 4.2 - UC Autorun won't recognize my SDConfig.txt file on Internal Storage. If I replace the AutoRun in the 4.1/4.2 kitchen with the one from the 4.0 kitchen I have no problems. I've looked and there isn't any difference between them except the removed option.xml.

4.2 - If I install G-Alarm 1.4 instead of the included G-Alarm, my phone "Rings" while running the Customizations. It continually "Ring... Ring... Rings..." until customization is complete.

4.2 - My battery was showing battery levels in 10% increments. I usually use the Battery - OEM package and then overwrite some of the files in a customization CAB. I selected FInix 1% and this solved the problem, but now my battery goes from 100% to 93% right off the charger and continues dropping like a rock until around the 67% level. From there it looks like it's discharging okay. Did something in the battery profile change?

4.1 and 4.2 - Once in awhile after a flash I get "No Service". Even after doing a hard reset to try to fix it I still will have "No Service". Flashing any Custom ROM doesn't help either (even one that I previously was running). This will continue until I re-flash the Stock Rom and then I can re-flash the same exact Custom ROM and things work again.

The G-Alarm issue is because the rgu has alarms already preset(6:15am & 7:15am), so just use the one attached to fix that.

The battery increments is because of the new battery driver, so in order to use 5% or 1%, you need to use the old battery.dll, like the one in the 1% OEM folder.

As for the no service one, the only time I have seen that is if I use a rilphone.dll that is not for the phone, so if your not doing that, then maybe try a different radio

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

steinerd is a n00b

calcu,

Don't know if this helps but it is something that I noticed, and can't figure out how to fix. I have 2 diamonds, both loaded with the TELUS 1.04.05V radios. Sprint is my carrier. one of my diamonds I flashed with the verizon manila, the other I flashed with the Telus Manila. all other selections were the same and they were both flashed back to stock ROM prior the the new flash. You tube works fine on the VZ manila, crashes with cannot play file on the Telus. is there anyway possible that my youtube problems are related to the manila that I am using? If so what is the best way to go about finding the problem in the telus manila?

If all that does not make sense then I am truly sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase. just can't fingure out why it won't work if the ONLY diff in the roms I flashed was the manila.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinerd View Post
calcu,

Don't know if this helps but it is something that I noticed, and can't figure out how to fix. I have 2 diamonds, both loaded with the TELUS 1.04.05V radios. Sprint is my carrier. one of my diamonds I flashed with the verizon manila, the other I flashed with the Telus Manila. all other selections were the same and they were both flashed back to stock ROM prior the the new flash. You tube works fine on the VZ manila, crashes with cannot play file on the Telus. is there anyway possible that my youtube problems are related to the manila that I am using? If so what is the best way to go about finding the problem in the telus manila?

If all that does not make sense then I am truly sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase. just can't fingure out why it won't work if the ONLY diff in the roms I flashed was the manila.
Is this with 4.1 kitchen or the 4.2 preview with the new YouTube version?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
The G-Alarm issue is because the rgu has alarms already preset(6:15am & 7:15am), so just use the one attached to fix that.

As for the no service one, the only time I have seen that is if I use a rilphone.dll that is not for the phone, so if your not doing that, then maybe try a different radio
The G-Alarm was driving my wife nuts (after flashing 4-5 times with Customization running). I never thought to check for any active alarms.

I'm running Sprint Radios on the Sprint network. I had 1.11.00F installed, but reverted back to the Stock version (1.00.00F) when I reflashed the Stock Rom. I'll try the TouchPro version (V1.03.15F) and see if I run into any problems, it seemed to always work well for me.

Daryel
Old 01-19-2009, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
The G-Alarm was driving my wife nuts (after flashing 4-5 times with Customization running). I never thought to check for any active alarms.

I'm running Sprint Radios on the Sprint network. I had 1.11.00F installed, but reverted back to the Stock version (1.00.00F) when I reflashed the Stock Rom. I'll try the TouchPro version (V1.03.15F) and see if I run into any problems, it seemed to always work well for me.

Daryel
Telus 1.04.05 is pretty good. You might give that a try.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom