PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

flindil is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 11 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.1 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeFiftyLi View Post
Calcu does your kitchen integrate the No2chem Fast Charge Battery.dll?
Quote:
I don't think it does, I just replaced BATTDRVR.dll and BATTERY.dll in the \Windows directory and it works like a hot damn. The files are available from No2Chems NueROM_UnifiedKitchen ver 206 available from his donator cp.

I don't know if thats a safe or recommended way to get the fast charge working, but it worked for me. Also you will need a different file manager. I use Resco Explorer to overwrite the files.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Re: [ Dec 17 \ OS 5.2.19974 v3.5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.1, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife22 View Post

I'm having one problem I can't seem to figure out though. When I build a new rom and install it, everything works great except one thing for me.

If I install programs, I lose the ability to uninstall them. Nothing shows up in the Remove Programs menu.
ive made a couple different builds from the kitchen, and cant shake this same problem. it cant be because of anything i install either, because after whatever the first thing is i try to install (tried installing a few different cabs first), i check to see if it can be uninstalled but nothing shows up in the remove programs list. and my UC only copies my pim.vol file over to copy my contacts.

anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

06gmc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gmc View Post
Still cant watch youtube. Anyone else having this issue? Is it the Verizon Manila???
I figured it out. I was using the Omnia drivers. I switched to the Oem CDMA drivers and you tube works perfectly.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

It's only in the simple battery, as it has problems with the rest, the ROMs have it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
Calcu;

I replaced the files in the Verizon manila folder, and I am not getting a DataException error, as it looks for the dsm file

Can you upload a new OEM folder? So I can replace the entire thing?

Thanks!

I posted a fix for it 2 pages back, with just the DSM, etc

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1274

Old 01-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - FuFu 4.5.3
Carrier: Alltel

highlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Auto email configuration isn't working in 4.1 for me.

Edit:
Nevermind <3 working now using poutlook from 4.0 sys. It'll do until v4.2 comes out

Thanks.

Last edited by highlife22; 01-12-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

06gmc is becoming a great contributor

Ok im just having problem problem after problem. Now when i try and adjust the volume during a you tube video it crashes and exits. I'm rolling back to V4.0
Old 01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

steinerd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gmc View Post
Ok im just having problem problem after problem. Now when i try and adjust the volume during a you tube video it crashes and exits. I'm rolling back to V4.0
well the only real problem I have is youtube... no matter what drivers i use or how I cook it... so my response to a non-reliable app in a otherwise great ROM is to remove it... lol.. then I cooked in youtubeplay 1.011 available over on xda and everything works just fine. the interface is not as pretty but the program is more responsive and works great with either drivers OEM/Omnia.

Don't know why and at this point don't really care, point is I can watch you-tube videos just fine and it also lets you save them. why you would want to I don't know.

just google youtubeplay. I'll paste the OEM I built but I cannot remember the developer's name to give him credit... take a look and give him/her thanks over at xda if you try it and like it.

I built the oem with calcu's 4.1 kitchen and cooked it into my current rom. works fine.

Last edited by steinerd; 01-25-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

steinerd is a n00b

Do any of you know how to get rid of the YOU TUBE shortcut on the Internet tab manila?

I mean if there is an easy way or someone that could point me to the proper thread...
thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
ive made a couple different builds from the kitchen, and cant shake this same problem. it cant be because of anything i install either, because after whatever the first thing is i try to install (tried installing a few different cabs first), i check to see if it can be uninstalled but nothing shows up in the remove programs list. and my UC only copies my pim.vol file over to copy my contacts.

anyone have any ideas?
that was on vista.

so i tried downloading the kitchen and alltel rom on a xp comp, and got the same not-able-to-uninstall-apps glitch... not sure why?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

steinerd is a n00b

I had some problems with the kitchen once... what I did to find out that it was me was I reloaded the kitchen from the .rar file then flashed a rom with all checked default. hmmm everything then worked. so I then started incorporating my changes one by one. (long and sucky process) and viola found it on the 3rd flash. since I am not really a programmer or code breaker of any kind this was the easiest troubleshooting method I could come up with. time consuming and laborous yes, but also did the trick. BTW I am using Windows 7 Beta 1 build 7000. All the kitchen software is compatible right done to the page pool changer and oemizer/packtools. even extracted a ROM built a folder... all that jazz. so I don't think it's a Vista compatiblity issue for you.

Hope it Helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
that was on vista.

so i tried downloading the kitchen and alltel rom on a xp comp, and got the same not-able-to-uninstall-apps glitch... not sure why?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom