PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Dec 5 \ OS 5.2.19974 v3.3 ] Calkulin's Kitchen, BaseROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
Where's your kitchen Calcu??? Hope everything is ok with it!

I just finished RC3 yesterday, so if that goes well, I think I may release it and add extra features as I go

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickmaker View Post
Wow, 3.3 is now running great. Thanks a lot for all your hard work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06MS6 View Post
Wow, think I'm going to be a Calcu fan from now on...this ROM is very fast, loving it.

Thanks for all the hard work!

No problem, glad you guys like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Hey Calc, trying your rom now. Wow, is it fast! Two things I notice are the wifi setting in the comm tab is grayed out. I can start it using the menu and going directly to the wireless lan area. Also, the full keyboard in landscape mode goes beyond the viewable area. Will you be
including MS voice command in the cab options? Thanks for your work. I look forward to trying my hand in your kitchen when it comes available!

Edit: I just noticed the comment on the first page about the Blackstone
keyboard (very small print), sorry!

What ROM are you using because in both of my comm managers, wifi is fine. As for the blackstone keyboard, yeah in landscape it does that but if you don't like it, just install the ezinput cab on the first page to get back the regular diamond one

Old 12-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
I just finished RC3 yesterday, so if that goes well, I think I may release it and add extra features as I go

No problem, glad you guys like it

What ROM are you using because in both of my comm managers, wifi is fine. As for the blackstone keyboard, yeah in landscape it does that but if you don't like it, just install the ezinput cab on the first page to get back the regular diamond one
I just checked again, and the wifi choice is not grayed at this time...it was grayed before, really! I am happier now! BTW, I'm using your Sprint base ROM.

Edit: Checked again while the phone was connected to my computer. It grays out when connected...I never knew that before. Comes back on when disconnected. I'm not sure if this is "stock" or not.

Last edited by egriffin; 12-06-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Updated Manila cabs posted, I'm working on the extras cab now, so that should be up shortly
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

xr7kid is just getting started

My hex editor can't seem to find the 12mb dynamic pagepool string. I also tried a couple other variations but couldn't find one either of those either. Any idea on where the string went or if it's completely different this build? Thanks!
Old 12-06-2008, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Search for this string instead of the full default string as I changed it

A0 03 06 16 A0 13 00 10 83 E5 E9 BB FF EB
Old 12-06-2008, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor

Calcu, few questions.

1. Operas a bit funky when downloading stuff. The download progress page never comes up, but files download fine. Also, this is being overly critical, but the magnifying glass on the zoom slider is a bit fuzzy. In other versions Ive used (like Mightys rom) the magnifying glass is different than yours. I could care less about the zoom slider, just thought Id let you know.

2. Are the landscape manilla files in your rom? When using flip_it, landscape manilla buttons didn't come up. Also when using flip_it, the switch to landscape in other programs is kinda slow. Everything else is blazing fast in your rom, so I was wondering why the flip to landscape wasn't. With Mightys latest rom the flip appears to be much quicker. Is this a characteristic of 19974, or a registry change that could speed it up?

Im sorry to keep comparing yours to other roms........ Ive always liked your roms and ALWAYS flash when you update them. Everything else is amazing in this rom, and I look foward to testing your future work..... Thanks!
Old 12-06-2008, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Calcu,
The uploader icon is messed up. Evreything else seems to be great. Nice job !!!
Old 12-06-2008, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
Calcu, few questions.

1. Operas a bit funky when downloading stuff. The download progress page never comes up, but files download fine. Also, this is being overly critical, but the magnifying glass on the zoom slider is a bit fuzzy. In other versions Ive used (like Mightys rom) the magnifying glass is different than yours. I could care less about the zoom slider, just thought Id let you know.

2. Are the landscape manilla files in your rom? When using flip_it, landscape manilla buttons didn't come up. Also when using flip_it, the switch to landscape in other programs is kinda slow. Everything else is blazing fast in your rom, so I was wondering why the flip to landscape wasn't. With Mightys latest rom the flip appears to be much quicker. Is this a characteristic of 19974, or a registry change that could speed it up?

Im sorry to keep comparing yours to other roms........ Ive always liked your roms and ALWAYS flash when you update them. Everything else is amazing in this rom, and I look foward to testing your future work..... Thanks!

1. I downgraded to 2745 because of the issues that 2808 has, I just posted a cab for it on the first page for those that want that version back

2. Some manilas do, some don't, Alltel Blue has them, the Telus I did at one point but don't remember if it's still in there but on the next revision of the manilas, I'll dump all the pro ROMs I can find to get landscape support. As for FlipIt, I tested it for a couple of minutes and removed it, so I can't say, you'll have to ask the FlipIt experts on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilkevinli View Post
Calcu,
The uploader icon is messed up. Evreything else seems to be great. Nice job !!!

Yeah, when using the 4 row icon tweak, it does that to it and I really haven't look at a fix yet for it, I'll probably try to fix it on the next release
Old 12-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond(Victor)

360discgolf is keeping up the good work360discgolf is keeping up the good work

How are things coming on the new kitchen? I'm super excited to get 20931 on my Diamond.

I was using the SYS from 20931 on my vogue and I absolutely loved it!

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game.
In the deed the glory."
Old 12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

well if you read the thread title youll see the kitchen/ROMs here are now 19974. the only way to get 20931 is ppckitchen- but personally 19974 is at least as snappy if not slightly faster and less buggy than the 20xxx versions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom