PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: JUICY 8 - 090830V (23037) Text freezing issue/Older ROMs where text worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlaster View Post
Check out post 4728 that got my keyboard working
I don't recommend using that keyboard. I tried it and input will freeze for seconds at a time while you're trying to type. Basically unusable.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830V (23037.5.3.0) [UC]

Anyone else seeing an inability to sync mail after installing this ROM? For some reason it always complains I have the wrong username/password even though I'm sure it's correct. I'm using gmail with Imap4.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Desire 2.2
Carrier: Telus

CyberBlaster is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I don't recommend using that keyboard. I tried it and input will freeze for seconds at a time while you're trying to type. Basically unusable.
True but at least its usable. When it freezes you can still type and it will catch up.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlaster View Post
True but at least its usable. When it freezes you can still type and it will catch up.
Hey guys, have you tried one of the original keyboards instead like the ones found here:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...36&postcount=2
Diamond\Touch Pro EzInput(v1.5.32437.0) or Touch HD EzInput (v1.5.32681.1) the first one brings you back to the stock sip and the touch hd sip has arrows at the bottom. I have tried this before on other roms with success replacing the ezinput 2+ keyboards but no guarantee obviously.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

curious issue, i went back to a previous version of juicy8 that is much more stable and fast than the latest one (but not as pretty) and keyboard is pretty much always working but its stuck on only the qwerty board, no popup to change it, so i found the reg keys and tried to set the phone pad and compact qwerty can get both to come up, but pushing any of the keys only comes up with the numbers, no letters??????
any ideas anyone?

oh, and how do i change the today screen background from teh black? i tried using the 'wallpaper' setting in the setting tab but it doesn't scale the image properly (its already sized for the screen but only shows like a blown up section of it)

thanks in advance for any help
Old 09-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey guys, have you tried one of the original keyboards instead like the ones found here:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...36&postcount=2
Diamond\Touch Pro EzInput(v1.5.32437.0) or Touch HD EzInput (v1.5.32681.1) the first one brings you back to the stock sip and the touch hd sip has arrows at the bottom. I have tried this before on other roms with success replacing the ezinput 2+ keyboards but no guarantee obviously.
Great tip. I had been using the FingerKeyboad2 from XDA which worked fine, but I really didn't like how there was no way to enable or disable T9 or directly access the symbols. Installed the Touch HD EzInput on my Diamond and it works great now.

Interestingly, that also resolved my inability to login to email. Maybe the FingerKeyboard2 was somehow not doing what I was expecting when entering the password.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
oh, and how do i change the today screen background from teh black? i tried using the 'wallpaper' setting in the setting tab but it doesn't scale the image properly (its already sized for the screen but only shows like a blown up section of it)
I can't even get as far as you. Changing the wallpaper setting in the settings tab doesn't seem to show the image at all on the home screen for me.

Edit: Restarting TouchFLo got the image to show for me.

Last edited by manekineko; 09-16-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker

The version of TouchFlo 3D that came with my Sprint Diamond had a Programs tab on the TouchFlo interface. I'd like to get that back, is there any way to add it?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

Quote:
I can't even get as far as you. Changing the wallpaper setting in the settings tab doesn't seem to show the image at all on the home screen for me.

Edit: Restarting TouchFLo got the image to show for me.

yeah restarting touch got the 'fragment' of the wallpaper to show up, say for instance it was a portrait shot of a person, what would show on the home page was a zoomed in shot of their forehead rather than the whole pic (which was sized to the screen already
Old 09-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Gordo293 is a n00b

Quote:
Anyone else seeing an inability to sync mail after installing this ROM? For some reason it always complains I have the wrong username/password even though I'm sure it's correct. I'm using gmail with Imap4.

I am sync'ing my gmail account via imap4 with no issues with this Juicy's 8

I would double check the directions you may have used from google, as when I used them they seemed a bit backwards.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=78886

-Update-
Nevermind, I see that your issue was resolved when you switched to FingerKeyboard2 from xda dev.

General Question:

Did anyone do anything different when installing that keyboard from xda, because when I installed it on my diamond it didn't seem to work. It didn't really give an indicator as to why.

Last edited by Gordo293; 09-16-2009 at 11:12 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development