PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830V (23037.5.3.0) [UC]

I noticed that using this ROM my volume keys seem to be mapped to some type of scroll function. It alternates between scrolling and bringing up the bar you get when you click the top row. Is everyone seeing this, and is this normal? How can I get them back to being volume?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond CDMA
Carrier: sprint

killersmile2009 is a n00b

ok, i love this new rom! but i have a few bugs on my end that i have questions about.

1. when using my camera intermittently the facebook login page comes up and the only way i can get away from it is to hit the home button.

2. i HATE predictive text! i have fingerkeyboard 2 installed but i see no way of turning off predictive text

3. i installed sprint picturemail because it seems like a much easier to use MMS program. But it looks and responds like the email program.

any help or advice would be appreciate...in any case, thanks Juicy for the top notch ROM!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Desire 2.2
Carrier: Telus

CyberBlaster is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I noticed that using this ROM my volume keys seem to be mapped to some type of scroll function. It alternates between scrolling and bringing up the bar you get when you click the top row. Is everyone seeing this, and is this normal? How can I get them back to being volume?
Thats normal, I don't know how to change it though.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlaster View Post
Thats normal, I don't know how to change it though.
That's a 'feature' of the SYS version juicy used. You'll need to update to a newer one (ie 2304x) to get the volume keys to actually change the volume when you press them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersmile2009 View Post
2. i HATE predictive text! i have fingerkeyboard 2 installed but i see no way of turning off predictive text
That's what I hated about fingerkeyboard2 as well, and made me switch to the stock HTC one, which works flawlessly. If you look back a page or two you can find the link I used to get and install it. I think you're just going to have to find another keyboard or deal with the predictive text.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tim35ca is a n00b

Let me first say I very much appreciate the effort and looking forward to the next release. Here are some of the things I have run across:

virtual keyboard:
- randomly crashes and you need to reboot to get it back
- randomly pauses and seems like it isn't responding to key presses but will all of a sudden spit out any keys pressed while paused
- always returns to ABC mode after any key is pressed
- only full qwerty available
- pressing the extra keys key right of the spacebar crashes keyboard

Text messsage:

- entering threaded message from the screen brought up by the hotbar button and the All Messages menu brings up different threaded message editor applications.

General house keeping:

- screen buffer seems to retain previous artifacts, even from last power off, i.e. when opening an email the screen spends time redrawing previous windows such as keyboards messages and even sometimes the power off dialog (which seems totally odd).
- where is the icon on the upper right in the home screen for the mini task manager? If you click far enough over to the right you seem to randomly get the mini task manager and the blow up of the status icons.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

Toushi is a n00b

Juicy I don't want to rush you but it would be nice if you could release the kitchen soonish. I have tried rom after rom and none of them are as good as yours.
Thanks
Old 09-20-2009, 07:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

does anyone have any ideas about my keyboard issue? i can edit registry to make the phone keypad and compact qwerty come up, but all key presses in text entry mode only insert numbers, not letters, is there another key i need to change or add to make them do letters?
the rest of the rom(previous release of 8 ) works great for me but i just can't abide the qwerty pad at all with my fingers
thanks
Old 09-20-2009, 10:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

fbeck01 is a n00b

I have the Touch Diamond for Sprint. I can't find any new ROM that works. Everyone of them keep locking up. Only good one I can find is the Juicy Rom version 4
Old 09-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbeck01 View Post
I have the Touch Diamond for Sprint. I can't find any new ROM that works. Everyone of them keep locking up. Only good one I can find is the Juicy Rom version 4
This one works perfectly (well perfectly with the bugs that everyone has) on my Sprint Diamond. Have you followed all the usual advice like flashing back to the stock ROM before flashing?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development