PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 09:27 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [12-01-08] Juicy ROM 3.9 [SYS OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972.1.2.7] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEx View Post
I just flashed to this rom a few hours ago (first timer).
this seems real solid over the sprint rom, but it does eat memory out of no where. like closing apps doesnt free up any thing.
comming off a soft reset, this thing flys.
I was also pleasntly surprised at the fact my phone is capable of acting as an FM tuner.
and a damn good one at that.

oh, any one know how to get sprints picture mail setup with this rom?
install the sprint pic mail cab which can be found by searching here or from sprints website.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEx View Post
I just flashed to this rom a few hours ago (first timer).
this seems real solid over the sprint rom, but it does eat memory out of no where. like closing apps doesnt free up any thing.
comming off a soft reset, this thing flys.
I was also pleasntly surprised at the fact my phone is capable of acting as an FM tuner.
and a damn good one at that.

oh, any one know how to get sprints picture mail setup with this rom?
Sprint cabs thread found here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42121
Old 12-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

good release

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidFromBigD View Post
Same problem here, but...

My workaround has been: Go into Comm Manager, toggle(turn off then turn back on) the "Data Connection" and toggle the "Microsoft Direct Push" in that order. *Poof* Emails begin arriving the moment they appear in Inbox.

Theory: Perhaps the act of connecting the Diamond to my PC via USB cable shuts down the data connection on the phone. Then, when removing, it does not start back up. At least not perfectly. Toggling both items is my fix.

One more thing... You may be able to tell Active Synch to allow data connections(on the Diamond) while hooked to the USB cable. I haven't tried this yet, but it may be another workaround.

Hope that's clear.
I have had this same problem with the Mogul and now with my Diamond. I fix it the same way you do and have come to the same conclusion as you about the cuase.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opuscroakus View Post
I have had this same problem with the Mogul and now with my Diamond. I fix it the same way you do and have come to the same conclusion as you about the cuase.
That is bizarre. this doesnt occur with the other juicy versions or with anyone else roms including the stock. oh well, very solid rom none the less.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:37 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
what does this do? referring to a newer version of g-light that I posted
Here is the release info.
And the changelog from the previous version.

Last edited by Trident; 12-05-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

al haqq is just getting started

Hello all

I upgraded to 3.9 from the stock sprint Rom and am very happy with it! Thanks to Juicy and all the other members who have worked hard on improving our phones =)

I would like to ask one piece of advice - I notice that when I hit the power button to shut off the screen, sometimes the screen will immediately turn on again. Not sure the reason why. Any suggestions as to why this may be happening? Is it related to the ROM?

Thanks PPC'ers
Old 12-05-2008, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
Try this cab patch from MS for WM6.1 that addresses some ActiveSync issues
Hmmm. This patch seems to fix IMAP and POP e-mail sending problems. I do not think it addresses Exchange Server receive problems as discussed in this thread. Check these links and decide for yourself:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/mi...ches_seri.html

Still, if @EvanWasHere applies and reports back, I'd like to hear about his experiences.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

dstrowl2002 is a n00b

This might not be a bug, but can somebody help me?

I am still with 3.7.1, but I installed sprint theme and some of my favorit applications. I tried bluetooth today for the first time after I bought the machine. I can turn on and off the bluetooth, and I know how to set the bluetooth detectable. I tried to add a connection between my diamond with my laptop. I choosed a PIN on pc side, and entered it on the phone when asked. But no matter what PIN I tried, the connection was always rejected.
Can somebody teach me how to solve it? Many thanks!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:23 PM
N00b

vegaspimp is a n00b

just flashed this rom, everything seems fine but weather is not working. Is it working for you guys?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development