PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ( Updated SYS 20924 ) 20921 is the fastest I've seen yet on a Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Care to enlighten me on what to do when you can't get the phone to boot? Cause...I am stuck at teh screen that shows Touch Diamond and the red lettering at the bottom. I love how things can be so "simple" and yet cause major issues hehe. Anyway, some help getting my phone rolling again would be appreciated

Nevermind, I got lucky and had an image on the internal memory I could flash from. Still, if I didn't what would I be able to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
Hold down the power, vol down buttons, hit the reset button and continue to hold down the 2 buttons until the bootloader(rainbow) screen displays, then flash away.

But I would suggest you use the v2.0 kitchen because I have that problem with v2.01
i have that same issue w/2.01 each time i use it also. 2.02 seems to be working fine though.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok, any tips at getting Sprint TV to launch from Manilla? When I go there it just says Unknown and URL. It works fine when I launch it from programs. It's really not a huge deal because I use Sprint TV once in a blue moon, but just curious if anyone figured out a way.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Thanks Ervius! I forgot all about the timebomb. I did confirm it, and as of March 1st, 2009, your phone will no long work. I don't advise testing this, as then you'll have to Hard Reset to make your phone work again!

Here's what happens if you set your phone to March 1st, 2009:

Notice there is no way to get out of this, and the Radio is turned off. As I said before, the only way to fix it is to hard reset.

Last edited by tobeychris; 10-29-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Almost a VIP

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The post on XDA stated they removed the timebomb from 20924 I thought.

edit: Yeah, they have a 20924 version with the timebomb removed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=427171&page=7
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

ah! fixed today!

Timebomb fix seems pretty easy, but I'll start over with ayyu's fixed SYS and try again!

Last edited by tobeychris; 10-29-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Man, I forgot to check that I guess sometimes you forget to check the obvious But for now, I'll hold off on posting a new ROM until we get the updated SYS running. And BTW, Tobey hit me up on MSN when you get the chance

Last edited by Calkulin; 10-29-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Man, I forgot to check that I guess sometimes you forget to check the obvious But for now, I'll hold off on posting a new ROM until we get the updated SYS running. And BTW, Tobey hit me up on MSN when you get the chance
If you could cook the same Sprint rom with the updated SYS that would be fantastic. I'm using the Sprint rom with extras and the Sprint Manilla and it's awesome.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

flindil is a n00b

20921 and 20924 are so fast.. I couldnt get my bluetooth working properly in either of them though. Thank you very much Tobey, your 2.02 kitchen saved my butt. 20755 seems so slow after trying those other two though. I really hope someone can make them work in the near future...
Old 10-29-2008, 06:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
If the timebomb isn't until march 09, it doesn't matter much now making a rom or not since there will most likely be a million revisions before the timebomb ever expires
Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsung moment
Carrier: sprint

shakuyi is keeping up the good workshakuyi is keeping up the good work

anybody care to address the bluetooth issue lol u cant make more than one phone call u have to disconnect and reconnect on both these systems

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development