PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

marzoco is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck in Bootloader after failed relock attempt

Well here's my situation. Was having battery issues (max 7 hrs on standby only but that's for another time) so Bell instructed me to take it back to one if their stores. I had flashed Juicy's 4.1 on it so I figured I should take it back to stock in case they decide to dig deep. All was fine and dandy, had the stock bell ROM back on there no problem then went to relock phone and that's when all hell broke loose.

I went to flash it like I have any other ROM through the RUU program on my laptop and all was going well until my computer decided to lock up half way through. So I reboot the phone and it comes back to the Bootloader screen with the following on it:
Security Unlocked

DIAM500
SPA-0.57.000
MicroP-Diam (LED) vB
PSOC-Diam Stage_EVT v20

Upgrade ROM code error
Please try again

Serial (unplugged)/USB (laptop connected)

So I did all the searching and what not I tried to load the Relocker on it. the RUU program recognizes the phone, goes through but it freezes at 0% and then goes into the recovery phase. This also happens when I try and load the unlocker (.43/.57) as well as any ROM I try (Stock/Juicy/Calkulins/etc). I have also tried the mtty.exe program and it fails to connect on the USB so I cannot get anywhere with that. I have tried hard-reseting, it says that it is successful it reboots back to the Bootloader screen.

Is there any way I can access the Interal Storage while the phone is in Bootloader and possibly flash it that way or any other ideas would be greatly appreciated to get this 1 week old phone back up and running.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Stuck in Bootloader after failed relock attempt

I'm thinking you bricked it

Sounds like did search and have tried most methods... maybe we could sign a bell ROM for you that would work... dunno.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

marzoco is a n00b

Wohoo, progress.
I just tried flashing the Shipped Telus & Sprint ROMs onto it and it reboots the phone at 1% and comes back with an error of 294 - Invalid Vendor ID. So I tried to swap that RUU_signed.nbh with the Stock Bell one and well same result as before, locks up at 0% and goes into recovery. At least I know its not totally hopeless. Is there any hope of getting a Bell version of the Telus shipped ROM
Old 12-12-2008, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

i only get 7 hours on standby too. i think its normal.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development