PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ( Updated SYS 20924 ) 20921 is the fastest I've seen yet on a Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Care to enlighten me on what to do when you can't get the phone to boot? Cause...I am stuck at teh screen that shows Touch Diamond and the red lettering at the bottom. I love how things can be so "simple" and yet cause major issues hehe. Anyway, some help getting my phone rolling again would be appreciated

Nevermind, I got lucky and had an image on the internal memory I could flash from. Still, if I didn't what would I be able to do?

Hold down the power, vol down buttons, hit the reset button and continue to hold down the 2 buttons until the bootloader(rainbow) screen displays, then flash away.

But I would suggest you use the v2.0 kitchen because I have that problem with v2.01
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Nevermind, I got lucky and had an image on the internal memory I could flash from. Still, if I didn't what would I be able to do?
Go into bootloader and flash as normal.

and LOL at Ervius... he created and helped develop a lot of the stuff here, and that we use. I wouldn't make him angry

PS: Thanks to Ervius for all the work that has been done!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

how to you get tht prompt when you plug the phone to a usb port... active sync, internal storage, internet sharing?

UPDATE! nerver mind i got it to pop up
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 10-29-2008, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Go into bootloader and flash as normal.

and LOL at Ervius... he created and helped develop a lot of the stuff here, and that we use. I wouldn't make him angry

PS: Thanks to Ervius for all the work that has been done!
When you say flash as normal, This is still accomplished through the PC even though the phone won't boot up? So bring it to the bootloader, then follow teh directions on the rom update like normal and it will detect the phone?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Kitchen Builder

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

From http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...ael_WM6.1_ROMs

My guess is that 22222 (which I didn't believe was a real number) is actually 19965, which we all know is very stable, as that's what our phones were shipped with! Well, not alltel, but still. I'm sure it's got a few nice upgrades though.

Last edited by tobeychris; 10-29-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Kitchen Builder

Quote:
When you say flash as normal, This is still accomplished through the PC even though the phone won't boot up? So bring it to the bootloader, then follow teh directions on the rom update like normal and it will detect the phone?
Yep, only things you can't do are lock, unlock (maybe radio flash, but I don't remember) and get it to see what ROM Version you have.

Flashing is fine though.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Yep, only things you can't do are lock, unlock (maybe radio flash, but I don't remember) and get it to see what ROM Version you have.

Flashing is fine though.
Thanks. Well I got it to boot this time but I don't remember what it was I changed...it was only one or two things and I think it was something specific to manila but hell if I remember now. I'll try to figure out what it was and get back to you.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:33 PM
N00b

ervius is keeping up the good workervius is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Flashing is fine though.
yes, shure, for the kitchen that I posted, you are right, for my own italian rom, is newest shipped build, with inside \OEM: from Diamond;Raphael and Blackstones....... all last software builds that you can find around.....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Kitchen Builder

So the kitchen is 19965 xip and sys with updates... and the newest shipped build is? I see 19965, or is it 19971? 20924?
Old 10-29-2008, 04:07 PM
N00b

ervius is keeping up the good workervius is keeping up the good work

from htc: is 19971; but soon, maybe, will be 20757.....
but porting all of it, you will have problem with files multiselection, and if you port it and in sys leave metadata, shell32 etc.... newer have a real 20757 build.
but I'm talking about HTC, maybe the 2092x are from othe kind of devices, and are test build cos they have inside "timebomb" limit!!!!!!
bye!

Last edited by ervius; 10-29-2008 at 04:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development