PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: _
Carrier: _

OrBy is keeping up the good workOrBy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [JUNE.01.09] MightyROM4 [Windows Mobile 6.1 CE OS 21051 Build 21051.1.6.4]

Speculation on the ringtone bug:

It may be partly to do with how TF3D interacts with new newer builds of WM. As WM does not actually have a profiles menu/system built in but HTC wrote their own that dynamically modifies the windows stuff on the fly to make it do things it never could. I think that there is a bug with how the HTC software does it that is blowing up the WM stuff. I suggest people that encounter the bug stop using the TF3D method of changing ringers/profiles ect and just use the "sounds & notifications" CP to tweak their settings and report back on how it works.

Another app to look at is the "long press end key" CP. If you use it to toggle the "set vibrate/ringer" feature it is also a non-standard app written by HTC that could not be interacting correctly with the newer builds of WM - try not using it.

The third thing that could be the cause of this is the HTC volume control app - as again it is non-standard and does interact with the same things that could tie to the bug BUT I use it daily and have never had an issue with non-ringing.

/me has never had the ringtone bug
/me does not use TF3D at all
/me has long end set to terminate data connection only
/me if luving 4R3BORN
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [ROM] [JUNE.01.09] MightyROM4 [Windows Mobile 6.1 CE OS 21051 Build 21051.1.6.4]

Working on a new build.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Working on a new build.
Thanks Mike!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:15 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhilliewillie View Post
i recently flashed this ROM, and i can't connect to my computer
any suggestions?

i have already done a hard reset and installed the latest version of activesync on my pc
turn off bluetooth or install the patch mentioned a couple pages page.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:21 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

the only things that dont work and never really have worked on Mikes ROMs for me are:
1- the button on the bottom right of the upside down phone I thought can be used to end a call. it does not work about 80% of the time. Usually I have to hit it 3-5 times to end a call and even doing that sometimes it just wont work.
2- the mute ring button only works about 1 out of 10 trys for me too.
3- the flip phone upside down to mute ring doesn't work for me either.
Anyone else with these 3 things?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

I will be uploading the new verison soon!

Not going to post it on the main page yet as I changed a few things and don't have a diamond to test, so jussst in case..

I'm sure it'll work tho...

--------------
Windows Media Player Controls Fixed
Bluetooth ON > Data Fixed
Modules Converted To DLL's > Possible Resolution To Ringtone Bug (Thanks IndaGroove for the suggestion)
Opera Mobile 9.5.16643
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
I will be uploading the new verison soon!

Not going to post it on the main page yet as I changed a few things and don't have a diamond to test, so jussst in case..

I'm sure it'll work tho...

--------------
Windows Media Player Controls Fixed
Bluetooth ON > Data Fixed
Modules Converted To DLL's > Possible Resolution To Ringtone Bug (Thanks IndaGroove for the suggestion)
Opera Mobile 9.5.16643
Hell yeah! Can't wait
Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

MightyROM4_06.03.09_Victor
-------------------------------------
...[Click Here To Download]...
-------------------------------------
[ ] Fixed Windows Media Player Controls
[ ] Fixed Bluetooth On Data Connection
[ ] Opera Mobile 9.5.16643
[ ] Modules Converted To DLL's (Possible Ringtone Bug Fix)
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:18 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

GEEZ! The new ROMs been up for an hour and a half and no feedback yet. Im downloading now. Ill post back soon! Thanks mike

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Xperia X1A
Carrier: Rogers

MikeWalker is a n00b

I just installed the newest version, we'll see how this goes...

Um, does anyone know how I can get the old input methods back?
I can't find the compact qwerty option which I've been using happily for a long time. No offence but if I wanted to use the iphone keyboard i'd buy an iphone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development