View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 04:23 PM
OrBy
PPCGeeks Regular

OrBy is keeping up the good workOrBy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [JUNE.01.09] MightyROM4 [Windows Mobile 6.1 CE OS 21051 Build 21051.1.6.4]

Speculation on the ringtone bug:

It may be partly to do with how TF3D interacts with new newer builds of WM. As WM does not actually have a profiles menu/system built in but HTC wrote their own that dynamically modifies the windows stuff on the fly to make it do things it never could. I think that there is a bug with how the HTC software does it that is blowing up the WM stuff. I suggest people that encounter the bug stop using the TF3D method of changing ringers/profiles ect and just use the "sounds & notifications" CP to tweak their settings and report back on how it works.

Another app to look at is the "long press end key" CP. If you use it to toggle the "set vibrate/ringer" feature it is also a non-standard app written by HTC that could not be interacting correctly with the newer builds of WM - try not using it.

The third thing that could be the cause of this is the HTC volume control app - as again it is non-standard and does interact with the same things that could tie to the bug BUT I use it daily and have never had an issue with non-ringing.

/me has never had the ringtone bug
/me does not use TF3D at all
/me has long end set to terminate data connection only
/me if luving 4R3BORN
This post has been thanked 1 times.