PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond (cdma)
Carrier: telus

toosweet4life is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

hey everyone!

I'm sure everyone is as excited as the next guy for the release of MIGHTYROM 5.0....cause I sure know I am!!

Just wanted to ask one thing to everyone, cause I'm willing to do whatever it takes to install this rom the most efficient and best way possible, no matter how many hard resets it takes. This rom looks to be worth all the efforts lol

So my question is this...I'm with Telus mobility, and I've heard throughout this forum that the best way to flash mighty's roms are to flash the shipped/stock rom first, and THEN flash the mighty rom followed by a bunch of hard resets. My first question would be this....is it SHIPPED telus rom i'd be flashing, or STOCK telus rom? From what i understand, it looks like the shipped ROMs change your Radio, OS and Splash Screens. However I'm not sure if the stock rom's do the same thing? And again, i wanna make the best out of my flash so i wanna make sure i flash the proper telus rom.

Secondly, at what stages do you suggest I do more hard resets? Would it be best to do one before the telus rom flash, after the telus rom flash, prior to the mighty rom flash and after the mighty rom flash?

Again, as always, everyone has been amazingly helpful and hoping someone has a good answer on this for me lol. THANKS AGAIN!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: cdma htc diamond
Carrier: bell mobility

shadd_wulf is a n00b
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Sweet! I've been dying to try 6.5 but wouldn't until Mike released one. Looking good..looking good indeed.
I've actually tried a few but no matter what they are never really stable enough to use properly. If MR5 is half as stable as the other mighty rom's it will still no doubt be the best WM6.5 rom out.

Can't wait
Old 04-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [January 27th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4.4 [SYS OS 20764 Build 20764] [UC]

TooSweet4life....this is the method form the man himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
That's alotta hard resets lol.

Save yourself the time and do the following;

If your already on My rom:

1) Immediately Flash Shipped
2) Flash Mine
3) Clear Storage
4) Enjoy
---

I wish i had your guys patience. I never flash back to shipped... If you wanna live like me you do the following

If your already on my rom:

1) Flash New MightyROM
2) Clear Storage
3) Enjoy!
-- The key is not to hard reset using the hard method (volume down, power, bla bla bla)

Clear storage is the method recommended!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

fatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good work

ohhhhhhhhh time to get my phone on the charger looks like we might flash tonite
Old 04-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ukiya is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosweet4life View Post
hey everyone!

So my question is this...I'm with Telus mobility, and I've heard throughout this forum that the best way to flash mighty's roms are to flash the shipped/stock rom first, and THEN flash the mighty rom followed by a bunch of hard resets. My first question would be this....is it SHIPPED telus rom i'd be flashing, or STOCK telus rom? From what i understand, it looks like the shipped ROMs change your Radio, OS and Splash Screens. However I'm not sure if the stock rom's do the same thing? And again, i wanna make the best out of my flash so i wanna make sure i flash the proper telus rom.
Now that we're on the topic of shipped vs stock roms. Do I have to get any information from Telus or off my phone in advance before I flash to the shipped rom? Or is this just like any other ROM flash and I can just flash it without worry?

I can't wait for MS5 to come out!

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:49 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

dame mike is going to release tonight im happy but at the same time i just made my own with rstg kitchen and i wanted to make one with ssk kitchen tonight but i dont any redbull lol
Old 04-19-2009, 11:52 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiya View Post
Now that we're on the topic of shipped vs stock roms. Do I have to get any information from Telus or off my phone in advance before I flash to the shipped rom? Or is this just like any other ROM flash and I can just flash it without worry?

I can't wait for MS5 to come out!

Thanks in advance!
look hear theres a telus rom if just have searched a little bit but here you im a nice guy http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57013
edit oops i thought you were asking for a stock rom and where to get one my bad

Last edited by madcook; 04-20-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work

While we're waiting for MightyMike latest greatness, just had to share a quick story.

My Wife: Not technically minded. Hates computers, but upgraded to a Sprint Diamond when her old Sammy flip split in 2 pieces last summer.

Me: Dreams in hex. On computers all day @work. Sprint Diamond upgraded from a Treo 650.

We're heading to friends Saturday night, she is driving, and has directions, but I have Mighty 4.8 and google maps application with GPS lock. She likes that we didn't miss a turn, and got there on time. She knows I have way more apps than her stock Sprint ROM, and is starting to see the light.

She: "If I browse to google, can it follow me on the map?"
Me: "No honey, it doesn't work that way. I've got a custom ROM and it's all built in. If you want, I can get it for you ..."
She(eyes glazed over): "Why does it say I cannot open any more tabs?"
Me: "That's a setting within Opera. Want me to change it for you?"
(she now can open 5 tabs)
She: "Cool! (looking over my shoulder) Is that Mighty Mouse?"
Me: "Yes, that's his moniker. I know very little about him, but he does good work.
She: "Well, if you can upgrade my phone that'd be OK."
Me: "Yessss!"

...Bottom line: Mighty Mike has another convert!

Thought this would be a fun story to keep us entertained as we wait for MR5.

Now, who out there thinks I should drop MR5 on her phone? Should I just flash to 4.8 and let her get used to it?

Thanks in advance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: High Tech Computer - Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

Phocas is keeping up the good workPhocas is keeping up the good work

Great story!! LoL!! Yeah, 6.5 may be to much at first. 4.8 is amazing!! that may be best for her first custom ROM.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This post means nothing, but I was getting scared of the last page number so I didnt want to be on there anymore. Hopefully this turns the page!

I'm all backed up, ready to go with my new Mighty ROM 5 sig I made, now we wait...patiently.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development