PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [February 6th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4.4.3 [SYS OS 20764 Build 20764] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoglog View Post
well, stuff me. Isn't seeming to work. now i'm really worried =-/
me and my stupid carelessness.
Your phone has to be turned off to enter bootloader in the manner kyrumo described for you. Why not do a hard reset (center button, vol down, power button) just to get your OS back up and running, and then flash or do whatever the hell you want from there?

The wonderful thing about these devices is that if one method fails, there is almost always an alternative. Dig a little deeper, friend...
Old 02-06-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

zoglog is becoming a great contributor
Re: [February 6th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4.4.3 [SYS OS 20764 Build 20764] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
Does the battery have any charge to it
yeah just been around my office scrounging other batteries. seems to be a non-battery issue.

tried hard-reset, and nothing either =(

Last edited by zoglog; 02-06-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How are you doing the hard reset? Is your phone completely powered off? Are you hold all three buttons down til you get to the bootloader screen? I think its more likely that youre doing the hard reset improperly than it is that you have a bricked Diamond.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
yeah just been around my office scrounging other batteries. seems to be a non-battery issue.

tried hard-reset, and nothing either =(
Warrenty it out
Old 02-06-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
Warrenty it out
yeah, seems to be the only option.
I bought this phone off some guy on ebay in december, As long as it's under a year Sprint will replace it right?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: High Tech Computer - Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

Phocas is keeping up the good workPhocas is keeping up the good work

Can I install Mighty's Black Edition cab on the Diamond? I want it murdered out like the TP Mighty ROM.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
I bought this phone off some guy on ebay in december, As long as it's under a year Sprint will replace it right?
Possibly, but I would take Sumo911 advice and keep trying to get it to hard reset. You don't want to send a phone back for warrantly reasons without the shipped rom/radio on it. Also should relock it but before you do that, try to get it to hard reset again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:

Uhh...your device was working fine until you did the improper install of Manila HD. I still think a hard reset or reflash will do the trick, but who knows...maybe you have a bad hardware button or something? Im just curious as to why hard reset is not working for you.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
Uhh...your device was working fine until you did the improper install of Manila HD. I still think a hard reset or reflash will do the trick, but who knows...maybe you have a bad hardware button or something? Im just curious as to why hard reset is not working for you.
Well the main issue I think is that after the install I forgot to revert the power settings to turn the screen off after a set amount of time.

I went to sleep around 1am, the screen when I woke up was frozen @ around 6:30 (actual time was like 8:45)

@ that point I probably should have just did a hard reset, but I assumed it was just frozen and took the battery out and put it back in.

I mean it's not just the phone not turning on. When I plug in the cable the little white light spinning around the enter button doesn't even light up.

I've tried power + vol down + enter
and

power + vol down + enter + reset button all for about 1 mins and nothing seems to be happening. I've really screwed it up this time =(
but I guess hardware problems do happen. I sure hope it's so screwed up that they won't be able to see that it's been unlocked D:!

oh well, if nothing gets workin, I guess I can stop by the sprint store after work to get an exchange.

Last edited by zoglog; 02-06-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

tp617 is just getting started

Really weird, but I found the IM, Skyfire, Windows Live applications in the Internal Storage/Music folder. Still trying to find the black keyboard =) Thanks Mighty

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development