PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

WithoutRemorse is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.19.09] MightyROM 4R3BORN & MightyROM5 [NEW BETA's AVAILABLE!]

Hey Mike.

Just wanted to put this out there.. using your beta mighty5 rom... and i must say.. uber smooth.. I have used several others, all of them quite good to be honest so I was a little apprehensive in switching from them. Im a pretty standard user so i dont really go into the camera, gps etc. etc. so I shouldn't be the bench mark. But so far so good.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Hey Mike how often are you going to be able to update on the MR5?? Do u think ull be able to support it as good as ur others is what im sayin?? good work bro

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Old 05-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

HorhayAtAMD is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithoutRemorse View Post
I tried all the stuff in the post that you quoted as well as clearing my internal storage and I have had absolutely no problem since. It was really strange because the shipped rom worked well (i didnt try any other 6.1 roms) but 6.5 was useless. So my hypothesis is that 6.5 is secretly (or overtly) using some of the internal storage for extra memory. If its not quite right.. the device pukes and dies.

Try it out let me know - im actually curious because the number of strange defects on 6.5 seems to be growing.

Cheers,
The last go around, hard reset and formatted internal storage, flashed to shipped (again, it was already on shipped), hard reset again with internal storage format, flashed to MR5, hard reset with internal storage format, but it didn't help. This phone has been reset and flashed more in the last day than in the last 9 months!! Maybe it is tired?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorhayAtAMD View Post
The last go around, hard reset and formatted internal storage, flashed to shipped (again, it was already on shipped), hard reset again with internal storage format, flashed to MR5, hard reset with internal storage format, but it didn't help. This phone has been reset and flashed more in the last day than in the last 9 months!! Maybe it is tired?
Who is your carrier, just curious? the reason I ask is Telus users seem to be having the most problems post flash with 6.5 roms, not just Mikes.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:06 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

For those with 6.5 problems try flashing a shipped ROM. You may have to wipe out Internal Storage to get it to work properly.

Also you have to use DotFred's Task Manager to see Opera9.exe running.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Who is your carrier, just curious? the reason I ask is Telus users seem to be having the most problems post flash with 6.5 roms, not just Mikes.
Yup, I'm on Telus. I haven't tried any other 6.5 ROMs, I was waiting for Mike's because I knew it would "Just Work".
Old 05-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Yup, I'm on Telus. I haven't tried any other 6.5 ROMs, I was waiting for Mike's because I knew it would "Just Work".
weird, just something I noticed but could be wrong.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:14 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
No luck for me either on 6.5. I even followed the instructions here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=20

While I can get it to start up in 6.5, within minutes of either hooking up to exchange, installing anything, or running anything like Google Maps, the phone will freeze, I'll do a soft reset but the phone will do a hard reset. I've gone through that cycle approximately 5 times today (flash back to shipped Telus, hard reset, flash to MR5, hard reset, freeze, BOOM!!), always with the same result. Too bad because for the 10 minutes that it works, it looks really nice!

So now I'm on the 4R3BORN beta and it works really well. Thanks Mike!
One suggestion; after reading through the directions that you noted, I have something that may make a difference. Whenever I flash a ROM that is a different SYS/build I do the following:
  1. Flash back to a shipped carrier build. (I let the customizations run, but I've been told it doesn't make a differnce.)
  2. Flash the new custom ROM.
  3. Do a hard reset using Clear Storage [1234;YES]. This is the important difference- and maybe the only thing that you need to do if you are stuck at this point. Mike actually suggested this to us a long time ago. I don't know why it makes a difference, but it does.
Quote:
Another idea- flash to a different carriers shipped ROM when you do step #1. You can always change your radio & PRL information manually after the custom ROM flash. Please feel free to correct me if anyone with experience about this knows that it's a bad idea.

Last edited by Trident; 05-22-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
One suggestion; after reading through the directions that you noted, I have something that may make a difference. Whenever I flash a ROM that is a different SYS/build I do the following:
  1. Flash back to a shipped carrier build. (I let the customizations run, but I've been told it doesn't make a differnce.)
  2. Flash the new custom ROM.
  3. Do a hard reset using Clear Storage [1234;YES]. This is the important difference- and maybe the only thing that you need to do if you are stuck at this point. Mike actually suggested this to us a long time ago. I don't know why it makes a difference, but it does.
Yup, I always do a post flash clear storage for every custom ROM I've flashed.

Edit: Let me clarify when I said "Hard Reset" previously: whenever I had the choice, it was always a "Clear Storage". The only time I did the finger mutating Hard Reset was when the instructions called for a Hard Reset to be performed at the "Tap the screen to continue" stage where Clear Storage isn't an option.

Last edited by HorhayAtAMD; 05-22-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

armorforsleep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to armorforsleep

Could someone please post their "poweroffwarning" file from their windows folder for me....thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development