PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Lurker

extrem3z is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.19.09] MightyROM 4R3BORN & MightyROM5 [NEW BETA's AVAILABLE!]

I'm having trouble when listening to music with the headjack connected. Whenever I listen, my phone would randomly call the first person in my call history. Does anyone know how to fix this, the only way it doesn't randomly called is when I delete the call history, still I get that voice command crap activating.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hey guys there is a new thread for MR5. lol
Old 05-25-2009, 09:46 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrem3z View Post
I'm having trouble when listening to music with the headjack connected. Whenever I listen, my phone would randomly call the first person in my call history. Does anyone know how to fix this, the only way it doesn't randomly called is when I delete the call history, still I get that voice command crap activating.
gotta be something wrong with the button on your headset. sounds like the button is being pushed, or held and pushed. Maybe try and pry it out with a small file.

P.S. Migthy Rom 4, for life. I'm staying away from winmo 6.5 etc for now.

Last edited by briggs; 05-25-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lsantos0907 is just getting started

In my opinion 6.5 is just not ready yet and is very unstable. I have flashed my phone about 20 times with different 6.5 roms and all of them have bugs that need to be addressed in order to be able to have a reliable phone for everyday use. I think it is a waste of time to use 6.5 with rhodium at this time since even the dialer has some conflicts with it not to mention other bugs that just make rhodium and graphics slow and buggy. All cooks should concentrate their efforts in cooking a near perfect 6.1 rhodium with additional featutes and or themes. 6.1 is very very stable and fast. That is my humble opinion.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Lurker

steveopolis is a n00b

There is an issue i found with google maps with the R3born ROM.
I have the latest google maps and just got my lattitude with friends to work, its great. But the issue is that when i go to change my profile pic on the google maps lattitude, it reads the internal storage and device for pictures but there is no pictures showing???? I used file explorer and found that there are pictures in there but not showing up when changing the profile picture on google maps lattitude.

Also there is an issue when i added my gmail mail messaging and it keeps telling me that i have one message but i really don't??

please help!!!!

thanks
Old 05-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveopolis View Post
There is an issue i found with google maps with the R3born ROM.
I have the latest google maps and just got my lattitude with friends to work, its great. But the issue is that when i go to change my profile pic on the google maps lattitude, it reads the internal storage and device for pictures but there is no pictures showing???? I used file explorer and found that there are pictures in there but not showing up when changing the profile picture on google maps lattitude.

Also there is an issue when i added my gmail mail messaging and it keeps telling me that i have one message but i really don't??

please help!!!!

thanks
same here but i have had the problem with all reborn versions
Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsantos0907 View Post
In my opinion 6.5 is just not ready yet and is very unstable. I have flashed my phone about 20 times with different 6.5 roms and all of them have bugs that need to be addressed in order to be able to have a reliable phone for everyday use. I think it is a waste of time to use 6.5 with rhodium at this time since even the dialer has some conflicts with it not to mention other bugs that just make rhodium and graphics slow and buggy. All cooks should concentrate their efforts in cooking a near perfect 6.1 rhodium with additional featutes and or themes. 6.1 is very very stable and fast. That is my humble opinion.
as much as i respect your opinion but disagree, just wondering why you posted this comment in every rom thread. or most of them?
Old 05-26-2009, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

liriel is keeping up the good workliriel is keeping up the good work

Well, I gave MR5 a shot, but encountered nothing but aggravation. It installed fine, but would freeze up after varying periods of use (0-3 hours) requiring a soft reset. Following the soft reset, I would get a the standard windows today screen (not TouchFlo or Titanium). No matter where I clicked on the screen I would get the TouchFlo notification screen, which was unresponsive - I had to hit the home hardware key to return to the Today screen. When I initiated another soft reset, the device would hard reset and the whole process above would repeat itself. I tried reflashing several times. Here is the flash process i used:
1. Clear storage (and internal storage)
2. Flash to stock ROM (no shipped ROM is available for my carrier Bell)
3. Flash to MR5
4. Clear storage (and internal storage)

After a while I decided to flash back to 4R3BORN (directly from MR5) and still encountered the above problems, so I followed the above four step process but replaced MR5 with 4R3BORN. So far so good...

I will wait until MR5 is out of beta before trying again.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

armorforsleep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to armorforsleep

Yeah, I have tried multiple 6.5 ROMs as well, and they all have some quirks and bugs, and always find myself going back to Mighty's 4 series. I think it may be R3born for a while til' everything gets worked out in 6.5.

Thank you again Mike for creating the best 6.1 rom out there...so clean, fast and stable and something I can depend on everyday.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro2, Pro, Diamond, Touch, Mogul

JCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I had similar problems with other 6.5 roms, the solution at least for me was this.
1. Flash stock rom (when done as soon as it reboots take off battery)
2. Put battery back on after 10s and press volume down + center + power
3. Follow instructions on screen to hard reset
4. Allow boot and wait complete setup and let carrier cust. to run
5. Open bootloader screen (volume down + power + reset or turn off phone volume down + power )
6. Flash 6.5 rom (when done as soon as it reboots take off battery)
7. Put battery back on after 10s and press volume down + center + power
8. Follow instructions on screen to hard reset
9. Allow boot and wait complete setup and cust. to run

Also note that some roms are only for sprint or other carriers and some are universal but you need to install carrier cab.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by liriel View Post
Well, I gave MR5 a shot, but encountered nothing but aggravation. It installed fine, but would freeze up after varying periods of use (0-3 hours) requiring a soft reset. Following the soft reset, I would get a the standard windows today screen (not TouchFlo or Titanium). No matter where I clicked on the screen I would get the TouchFlo notification screen, which was unresponsive - I had to hit the home hardware key to return to the Today screen. When I initiated another soft reset, the device would hard reset and the whole process above would repeat itself. I tried reflashing several times. Here is the flash process i used:
1. Clear storage (and internal storage)
2. Flash to stock ROM (no shipped ROM is available for my carrier Bell)
3. Flash to MR5
4. Clear storage (and internal storage)

After a while I decided to flash back to 4R3BORN (directly from MR5) and still encountered the above problems, so I followed the above four step process but replaced MR5 with 4R3BORN. So far so good...

I will wait until MR5 is out of beta before trying again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development