PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Sprint

cheapgal is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Are you sure about? Phone as Modem = Tethering... hence charges?
I've been using "DATA"....
I'm using "DATA"..you have up to 5 gb/month..go over that they might cancel your acct. "Phone as Modem" = PAM, sprint charge monthly for it.

Last edited by cheapgal; 05-02-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Are you sure about? Phone as Modem = Tethering... hence charges?
I've been using "DATA"....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapgal View Post
I'm using "DATA", because "Phone as Modem" = PAM, sprint charge monthly for it.

Dont change anything in your network connections (ie DATA #777) just plug in your phone select third option and connect. The Internet Sharing option says Phone As Modem underneath Internet Sharing when you connect.

If I am wrong, I am wrong and someone will chime in to tell me so....but I have never been charged. Not saying I have done it (wink). Doing it either way, I am pretty sure will work with zero cost, thats why it was deemed safe to tether...the term "Tether" means using your phone as modem, so selecting PAM would be safe. Mike said tethering is safe, and I believe him.

Just dont go over 5 gigs worth of Data.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

cheapgal is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Dont change anything in your network connections (ie DATA #777) just plug in your phone select third option and connect. The Internet Sharing option says Phone As Modem underneath Internet Sharing when you connect.

If I am wrong, I am wrong and someone will chime in to tell me so....but I have never been charged. Not saying I have done it (wink). Doing it either way, I am pretty sure will work with zero cost, thats why it was deemed safe to tether...the term "Tether" means using your phone as modem, so selecting PAM would be safe. Mike said tethering is safe, and I believe him.

Just dont go over 5 gigs worth of Data.
Yes, the default is the 3rd option once USB gets connection w/ the computer, "internet sharing". The default setting for connection network modem is "Data...#777".

No need to change anything.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:12 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey mike have ever gave thought to the idea of putting out a kitchen i think a lot of people hear in this diamond thread would love it and may take less of your ie. testing just i thought if other folks agree hit the thanks so mike know how many people at a glance like my idea
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by salisburyl View Post
hey mike have ever gave thought to the idea of putting out a kitchen i think a lot of people hear in this diamond thread would love it and may take less of your ie. testing just i thought if other folks agree hit the thanks so mike know how many people at a glance like my idea

Nice way to get thanks...I like it. Me too hit my thanks if you like his idea!

You got a thanks from me, I would love to have his kitchen.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

i'll thank you both for making me laugh
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:59 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its not just about thanks i think all of us could benifit from a kitchen and from the likes of mighty it could stand to be one of the best kitchens ever
Old 05-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Orbit XDA

j0k3r is a n00b

I like that ROM, nice, thanks ...
Old 05-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

can i have a thanks just for being me? Who am i ??? Well am me........nice to meet u!=D>

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
can i have a thanks just for being me? Who am i ??? Well am me........nice to meet u!=D>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development