PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Spearoid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
by the way, great analysis on A Rod... he does suck when it counts! heck scratch the battery, lets talk some baseball.
Okay rileyd5, I will have to say, Swisher having to pitch for the Yankers in a blowout against TB last night? That was hilarious! I dont care if Boston IS 2-5....the Yankees continue to make me very happy with their folly.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

I can say MrObvious' battery tweak seems to be working for me. I have no numbers to post but after reading about the tweak this morning and applying it, my battery is at about 50% right now after a day at work. Normally at this time I would be around 30% and on the charger. My work day consists of a few phone calls to my wife, lots of texts, and a little internet. I will observe tomorrow and if more of the same I will have to say it works for sure. I'll report back.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 04-14-2009, 07:27 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
IMPROVE BATTERY LIFE!!!
Ok sorry about that...but I figured it out with the help of Hibby. Go to HKCU/Software/HTC/Bootloader (I think it's called Bootloader) and delete the whole Opera tree under it. There is an entry for Opera9.exe and it is killing your battery life. Once it's removed your battery life will improve with 4.7/4.8.

Mike: Can you please implement it for 4.9?
I think you mean: HKCU/Software/HTC/BootLauncher/Apps/Opera9. Right?

Old 04-14-2009, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

black ice is becoming a great contributor

Need some help, my quick gps will not work! i have flashed back to stock, then reflashed back to mighty and still nothin...any help from you guys on a possible fix?
Old 04-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearoid View Post
Okay rileyd5, I will have to say, Swisher having to pitch for the Yankers in a blowout against TB last night? That was hilarious! I dont care if Boston IS 2-5....the Yankees continue to make me very happy with their folly.
Agreed. Yankee plus 450 million in salary = spanking last night night to the Rays. gotta love it!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor

I saw a program called Lumos mentioned a few pages back, what does it do and is there a link for it??
Old 04-14-2009, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805 View Post
I saw a program called Lumos mentioned a few pages back, what does it do and is there a link for it??
You can read about it here.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Spearoid, give us something to talk about then. We can talk about life experiences, work, kids, sport teams, favorite restaurants, ringer issues, oh crap not again!!!! I'm excited to talk about this battery thang, please for the love of god, not the ringer again!

by the way, great analysis on A Rod... he does suck when it counts! heck scratch the battery, lets talk some baseball.
Wow!! Are you having the ringer problem too?? Sometimes I get a call and my phone doesn't ring. Does anyone have a fix for this??

(Too bad it's not 04/01 again....this sounds like an April Fool's joke. Anyway......J/K of course....I've never had a ringer issue....LOL)
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
Wow!! Are you having the ringer problem too?? Sometimes I get a call and my phone doesn't ring. Does anyone have a fix for this??

(Too bad it's not 04/01 again....this sounds like an April Fool's joke. Anyway......J/K of course....I've never had a ringer issue....LOL)
LOL, never had the ringer issue either, just wanted/yearned for a change of subject so when the battery/opera9 thing came up, was thrilled..

by the way, I never had the ringer issue, but my phone is always on vibrate, so am I a good test subject?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

stJamesG is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to stJamesG Send a message via Yahoo to stJamesG

I loaded 4.8 today was very impressed with the responsiveness of the device. There has definitely been a bunch of time spent refining this ROM!

However, I'm back to the ROM I've using for the last several weeks (OMJs ROM). The big reason: I had quite a few lock-ups (navigating TF3D, during a phone call, switching betweens apps) where I've had to do 4 hard resets today. The final reset was made after the device wouldn't get past the "Diamond" boot-up screen. (I though I bricked my Sprint Diamond for a second there...)

I loaded this ROM directliy from the OMJ 2.0 ROM, and perhaps this was my problem. As for apps I've loaded: Intellisync, Pocket Sand, and QuickVerse.

I like some of the default apps loaded into OMJs ROMs, but I can load those into the 4.8 ROM and love the speed and feel of the 4.8 ROM. Hopefully following the stockROM > Hard Reset > 4.8ROM precedure will cure my ills...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development