PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: _
Carrier: _

OrBy is keeping up the good workOrBy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.|

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateMan01 View Post
I know my questions a couple of pages back were most likely stupid to you 37it3 ppc geeks but I am a n00b to the ppc world and the simplest of answers would have been cool. All I would like is a solid answer like "Yeah, it's bricked" or even "You are a moron. Read up before doing any flashing"...you know...?
I guess I am too retarded for you guys and therefore not worth your time...

Thanks again for putting up a load of posts about something as insignificant as battery drainage(buy a second battery!) and not even pissing my way.
/evil bad mood side enabled
I am personally gonna have to go with the too retarded to be worth the time... If you missed the bolded section of just about every FAQ and HOWTO about not flashing a GSM phone with a CDMA ROM then what are the chances that you are going to listen to us now? Please insert your brick some where unplesent and have a nice day. That enough piss for ya?
/evil bad mood side disabled

*HateMan01 added to ignore list*

Now for somthing more on topic. Anyone else getting random hard locks after leaving the phone on the charger overnight? It has happened to me 3 times now where I flip it over and the dpad lights are all on bright and the phone does not respond to any button presses till I do a battery pull or press the reset button. (still using 4.5 as 4.6 looked like it had to many issues)
Old 03-11-2009, 10:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jauger is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrBy View Post
/evil bad mood side enabled
Now for somthing more on topic. Anyone else getting random hard locks after leaving the phone on the charger overnight? It has happened to me 3 times now where I flip it over and the dpad lights are all on bright and the phone does not respond to any button presses till I do a battery pull or press the reset button. (still using 4.5 as 4.6 looked like it had to many issues)

Any chance you have installed a stylus/touch lock type program? thats what was causing my lockups after charging

Current PPC: HTC Diamond (Sprint)
Current ROM: Custom (groove influence)
Current Radio: V1.11.00F

Old 03-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;764626
You are ridiculous. How did you come to this conclusion? Mike and I both want the same outcome: to deliver a bug/defect free rom that is stable. It is not mutually exclusive.
He is doing all the heavy lifting by creating these roms and the only way I would fail, is if I failed to thoroughly test the rom prior to release.

Right now, since he is testing this himself, we all lose and the release is delayed until he is satisfied. If I can assist, we all win and get releases faster with fewer defects

just an idea
Hey WhiteSoxxx, it's call a joke. I should probably be more specific next time by including a bunch of LOL's and j/k's. My bad.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateMan01 View Post
I know my questions a couple of pages back were most likely stupid to you 37it3 ppc geeks but I am a n00b to the ppc world and the simplest of answers would have been cool. All I would like is a solid answer like "Yeah, it's bricked" or even "You are a moron. Read up before doing any flashing"...you know...?
I guess I am too retarded for you guys and therefore not worth your time...

Thanks again for putting up a load of posts about something as insignificant as battery drainage(buy a second battery!) and not even pissing my way.
I answered your question after you posted it. I'm assuming, based on this post, that you didn't read it. So let me oblige your request--your phone is bricked and you are a moron.

Edit: And comments like "guess he's too Mighty to bother with me" will not endear you to anyone here.

Last edited by pixelpop; 03-11-2009 at 10:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

vincemash is keeping up the good workvincemash is keeping up the good work

Great ROM Mighty!

only issue I have had last 2 days is the occasional text freeze, which lasts around 5 to 10 seconds.

battery seems about the same, although I am constantly charging either in the car or via tether while surfing

Nice job and I appreciate all the hard work and dedication you put into your roms!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

chad.wray is just getting started

Now for somthing more on topic. Anyone else getting random hard locks after leaving the phone on the charger overnight? It has happened to me 3 times now where I flip it over and the dpad lights are all on bright and the phone does not respond to any button presses till I do a battery pull or press the reset button. (still using 4.5 as 4.6 looked like it had to many issues)[/quote]

I have had this issue too.
Charge it all night, in the morning it is frozen.
This is bad because I am on call sometime and it I had a call when it was froze, my work would kill me.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Calk's VK

sbello81 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.wray View Post

same thing's happened to me. doesn't happen all the time, just randomly. it's never happened when i wake it before i take it off the charger though, so i do that now.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

brc64 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Now for somthing more on topic. Anyone else getting random hard locks after leaving the phone on the charger overnight?
I'm running 4.6 and while I haven't had any lockups during charge, I did notice when I went to unplug it this morning it was acting as though it was plugged into a PC, asking me what mode (ActiveSync, etc) to put it in. But it was just plugged in via the wall charger.

I also had a few new emails, but the notification icon at the top was the SMS conversation bubble and not the mail envelope (I had no new text messages).
Old 03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Mighty Mikes 4.8
Carrier: Telus

Ghostrider is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrBy View Post

I can confirm this is happening, happened twice to me already using 4.6. On occasion i turn off the radio overnight and it even happened then, bluetooth was the only service running.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Quote:
I've had this issue with most of the 4.x mightyroms

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development