PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mikecism is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.|

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
I agree with these comments. I am running 4.6 and have my phone off charger all day browsing, probably an hour total talk time, Google Maps, etc and my battery life is still 50 percent plus at the end of the day. As I previously stated, I think in some cases the poor battery life can be attributed to the battery's normal life span, in other cases (as also previously stated) it may be something like Beam that was inadvertently turned on. But consider this--I'm not sure how many people are running 4.6, but I can count to one hand the number of users that are complaining about battery life. Seems like if this was a consistent problem with everyone who is running 4.6, we would see a lot more comments.
The same could be said about any version. A few versions back, people complained about battery life, but mine was excellent, so it varies.

I know this is not a "battery quality/age" issue; they cells are fine. Something is sucking a little more juice than before. Not sure; I run pretty lean. The only additional apps I load are Live Search and Resco Explorer.

It's not a big deal (I have a second battery; I'm a heavy user, so I notice battetry life more than others, I think) - the other quirks are more of an issue.

In general, I think HTC put too small of a battery in the device in the first place, so the fact that these ROM tweaks help over the stock battery life makes me happy regardless of the variation between versions.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
I think people are getting a little too sensitive - there's no need to "protect Mighty" - he's a big boy.
Protect him, believe you me I'm not but he is after all a Mouse, a Mighty one but a Mouse and needs protection. Lets not forget about the Kitten a few pages back..

Quote:
It's like getting the hot chick in bed - you know you are lucky, but she has an annoying giggle that is irksome. You ain't kicking her out, but it does detract from the moment.
Now that is something I can relate to, well vicariously being that I been married for 12 years but I digress! I understand where you are coming from now. I agree Mighty is the man and he will makes this rom better. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

All the issues the 4.6 rom has had, I have already fixed.

I am not releasing the rom until i finalize my touch pro rom as well as personally test my diamond rom so i don't have any mixed reviews.

I am very picky, so me testing it personally means you guys are going to get something flawless.

Trust me guys... Be patient, it will come!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

WhiteSoxxx is just getting started

make me a tester.. i will not fail you!
Old 03-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

im not patient!!!!!!!!!! aarrrggg!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSoxxx View Post
make me a tester.. i will not fail you!
An interesting oxymoron...if you "fail" him does that mean you will find flaws? In which case you would be a success as a tester. On the other hand, if you don't "fail" him, does that mean you won't find any flaws and, hence, be a failure as a tester? My brain hurts.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

WhiteSoxxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
An interesting oxymoron...if you "fail" him does that mean you will find flaws? In which case you would be a success as a tester. On the other hand, if you don't "fail" him, does that mean you won't find any flaws and, hence, be a failure as a tester? My brain hurts.
You are ridiculous. How did you come to this conclusion? Mike and I both want the same outcome: to deliver a bug/defect free rom that is stable. It is not mutually exclusive.
He is doing all the heavy lifting by creating these roms and the only way I would fail, is if I failed to thoroughly test the rom prior to release.

Right now, since he is testing this himself, we all lose and the release is delayed until he is satisfied. If I can assist, we all win and get releases faster with fewer defects

just an idea
Old 03-11-2009, 03:23 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Releases still come pretty quick, and usually, there are not many defects.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 03-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: China Mobile

HateMan01 is a n00b

I know my questions a couple of pages back were most likely stupid to you 37it3 ppc geeks but I am a n00b to the ppc world and the simplest of answers would have been cool. All I would like is a solid answer like "Yeah, it's bricked" or even "You are a moron. Read up before doing any flashing"...you know...?
I guess I am too retarded for you guys and therefore not worth your time...

Thanks again for putting up a load of posts about something as insignificant as battery drainage(buy a second battery!) and not even pissing my way.

Last edited by HateMan01; 03-11-2009 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro1971 View Post
I don't think you can. BTW text messages take up next to no room.
Argh, i really wanted to switch over for a speed increase in opening texts, not so much the amount of space the take. I have 10,000 texts and the take only about 2MB so it's not the space I'm worried about.

I have to believe that there's a way to switch where they get stored, I know this was an option somewhere a long time ago I just can't find it for the life of me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSoxxx View Post
You are ridiculous. How did you come to this conclusion? Mike and I both want the same outcome: to deliver a bug/defect free rom that is stable. It is not mutually exclusive.
He is doing all the heavy lifting by creating these roms and the only way I would fail, is if I failed to thoroughly test the rom prior to release.
I'm reasonably sure pixelpop was just being facetious and just pointing out an interesting oxymoron about a tester not failing the rom creator
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development