PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: _
Carrier: _

OrBy is keeping up the good workOrBy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.|

Ahh so it seems I am not the only one with the freeze/charge issue.
I do always have BT on and normally the Contacts and Mail apps but little else - not even TF3D. How about the others having the issue - what kind of programs do you have running in the background? I can say that when mine freezes - it's frozen before I even touch it - I can tell as my dpad lights are bright - not dim like they normally are when the phone is fully charged. (at least they were this morning)
Old 03-11-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

TimBal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrBy View Post
Now for somthing more on topic. Anyone else getting random hard locks after leaving the phone on the charger overnight? It has happened to me 3 times now where I flip it over and the dpad lights are all on bright and the phone does not respond to any button presses till I do a battery pull or press the reset button. (still using 4.5 as 4.6 looked like it had to many issues)
Same issue here. This happened on the Stock Sprint Rom also for me, so I don't believe this is Mighty Rom specific.
Current Radio: Sprint 1:11
Old 03-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBal View Post
Same issue here. This happened on the Stock Sprint Rom also for me, so I don't believe this is Mighty Rom specific.
I am still thinking that all of this, as well as the phone losing audio output (no rings, music, etc) has something to do with Bluetooth. I haven't had the random locks/resets, but every time I see something weird that "just happens", BT seems to get mentioned. For instance, are you guys charging your phone close enough to a BT earpiece that it might be making a BT connection there? My BT issues have always started after breaking a BT connection. BTW....BT issues have also been reported on stock ROMs and with various phone makes/models, so this is starting to smell like a WM6 issue (just google "bluetooth phone restart" for more info).

Edit: I can't save the post if I put links in with a percent symbol in them (forum bug?) but if you will go to http://www.htcwiki.com and search on "Unit lockups while using bluetooth" and "No sound after bluetooth" to read about these same issues.

Last edited by pixelpop; 03-11-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond -> vzw
Carrier: Verizon

mclaser is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for all the effort on the nice ROM!

I was using TouchLockPro on the stock Sprint ROM and it was working pretty much to my liking. This ROM looks like it has Slide to Unlock with works acceptably when my phone is out and I get a call. What I commonly do, however, is initiate a call from my BT headset with the phone in my pocket. When I do this with Mighty 4.6 all of the keys wake up and random buttons get hit. Is there a way to either 1) lock all of the keys & screen in this situation (without windows lock (long END key press)) or 2) remove S2U2 so it doesn't interfer with TLP? I've tried to find S2U on the device everywhere I can think of but be darned if I can find it.

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

TimBal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
I am still thinking that all of this, as well as the phone losing audio output (no rings, music, etc) has something to do with Bluetooth. I haven't had the random locks/resets, but every time I see something weird that "just happens", BT seems to get mentioned. For instance, are you guys charging your phone close enough to a BT earpiece that it might be making a BT connection there? My BT issues have always started after breaking a BT connection. BTW....BT issues have also been reported on stock ROMs and with various phone makes/models, so this is starting to smell like a WM6 issue (just google "bluetooth phone restart" for more info).

Edit: I can't save the post if I put links in with a percent symbol in them (forum bug?) but if you will go to http://www.htcwiki.com and search on "Unit lockups while using bluetooth" and "No sound after bluetooth" to read about these same issues.
I'm not using Bluetooth at all. I don't have very many apps either. Also, I very rarely turn the phone off unless I am forced to by a "lockup".
Old 03-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Did we ever get a concensus on what settings/apps/etc might cause the Data Connection option to turn on by itself?
Old 03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.wray View Post
Now for somthing more on topic. Anyone else getting random hard locks after leaving the phone on the charger overnight? It has happened to me 3 times now where I flip it over and the dpad lights are all on bright and the phone does not respond to any button presses till I do a battery pull or press the reset button. (still using 4.5 as 4.6 looked like it had to many issues)

I have had this issue too.
Charge it all night, in the morning it is frozen.
This is bad because I am on call sometime and it I had a call when it was froze, my work would kill me.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbello81 View Post
same thing's happened to me. doesn't happen all the time, just randomly. it's never happened when i wake it before i take it off the charger though, so i do that now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
I can confirm this is happening, happened twice to me already using 4.6. On occasion i turn off the radio overnight and it even happened then, bluetooth was the only service running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
I've had this issue with most of the 4.x mightyroms
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrBy View Post
Ahh so it seems I am not the only one with the freeze/charge issue.
I do always have BT on and normally the Contacts and Mail apps but little else - not even TF3D. How about the others having the issue - what kind of programs do you have running in the background? I can say that when mine freezes - it's frozen before I even touch it - I can tell as my dpad lights are bright - not dim like they normally are when the phone is fully charged. (at least they were this morning)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBal View Post
Under the today settings do you have the "today timeout" unchecked?
Old 03-11-2009, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

Mike, I'm not sure if its possible or it would create any problems but could you add this cab/fix to your Rom's? Its a time stamp fix for some carriers. I've seen random people have the problem and this resolves it.

I've also been using it since day one and have had no problems.

I don't mind applying it every flash but for others that don't know the solution it would help. Plus it seems fairly straight forward.

Thanks Mike! =D>
Attached Files
File Type: cab MTS_RecvTimeStamp.cab (45.9 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

mikecism is just getting started

At what point do we start asking for all those Touch Diamond 2 apps that are leaking out there...

I figure Mike will get around to 'em when he's good and ready. I'd rather be patient for a solid ROM than rush and have something missed.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

MightyROM 4.7
...In Development

[ # ] Opera Mobile 9.5.15954 w. Full Flash Support (No Crashes, Lockups, Etc)
[ # ] New Adobe Flash Package
[ # ] nueGpsSecurity
[ # ] Improved Drivers System Wide
[ # ] Keyboard Lag Removed
[ # ] Much More...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development